Rapunzel's revenge

Rapunzel's revenge

A Story by Paige
"

short story I wrote bla bla, modern twist, same basis kind of.

"

The room was filled with peaceful noise, the hum off the heater plugged into the wall, the soft ticking of the clock over the bed, the faint traffic of the city below them, and their quiet breathing. The winter sunrise painted the sky brilliant shades of pink and orange, and basked the very small apartment in a warm light. A couple sat on the bed that took up most of the room and gazed out the window.

“Did it rise yet?” asked the young man.

The girl smiled. “Yes it did. It’s beautiful.” He smiled too and grabbed her hand.

“What does it look like?” He asked again.

“Like a sunrise silly” laughed the girl.

“Rapunzel, you know what I mean”

She sighed “It’s changing the sky, from grey to pink. There are golden streaks, some orange.” She paused for a moment and sighed “I’m not good at this, which is alright because if today goes as planned you’ll be able to see again soon. You’ll get to walk without crutches, we’ll have a better apartment, we’ll finish school, and everything will be okay.”

He sat in silence for a while, and then he turned to her. “She’s part of New York City’s biggest drug ring. Your parents owed her, so she’s made you work for her since you were twelve in that tower. You paid it off years ago but you haven’t gotten a penny of it. Gothel found out you were seeing me and she threw me out of a fourth story window. Now you’ve been kicked out. You can’t just walk in there after all of that and demand the money.”

“I’m not going to demand she give me the money,” she said “I’m going to get the money; by any means necessary.”

He frowned “Me being able to see isn’t worth you risking your life. I don’t need to see you for you to be beautiful to me. I just need to hold your hand and hear your voice to be okay. I don’t want to lose you.”

She smiled, put her hands on the side of his face and gently pulled him in for a kiss. “And you won’t. I’m going to catch her off guard, but if I want to do that I have to go now.”

He sat in silence again for a moment before squeezing her hand and saying “I love you Rapunzel.”

She got up and kissed him on the cheek “I love you too. If things don’t work out, worst case scenario I’ll be back by ten. If they do I’m going to go get groceries.” Her gut twisted a bit with anticipation, but she got dressed, grabbed a kitchen knife just in case, and put it in her boot.

 

Rapunzel took the elevator to the penthouse of the Rampion tower. She stood in the entryway before the door to Gothel’s apartment. Being a much hated drug leader she had a complex security system. First Rapunzel entered the number code, which was something she knew by heart having worked for the wicked woman most of her life.

Next, to deactivate the security system and shut down the computers, she pulled out a glass eye from her pocket. Gothel had a special made glass eye so that nobody could deceive the eye scanner, also since she had only one real eye.

Rapunzel scanned the eye, hacked the security network, and shut down the system, just from the front door. She unlocked the door simply using a key and tip-toed in.

After setting everything up for her plan Rapunzel took a seat on one of the sofas, and right at 9, a tired looking older woman walked out of one of the bedrooms down the hall and into the kitchen.

The woman poured a cup of coffee and looked up. She was slightly startled at first to see Rapunzel sitting in one of her living room chairs, looking very pitiful. Then an evil grin spread across her face as she said “Rapunzel, Rapunzel, what brings you here?” Her eyes shot daggers at Rapunzel as she took a long sip of her coffee.

“The money you owe me. You didn’t just think I’d forget it, did you?”

“Of course not. You don’t think I’ll just give it up, don’t you?” She replied slyly as she slowly opened one of the kitchen drawers and felt around for her gun. Panic rushed through her as she didn’t find it.

“No as a matter of fact I knew you wouldn’t give it up. So I have a deal to make with you.” Rapunzel said, a smug grin creeping across her face.

“What kind of deal could you possibly have to offer me?” Gothel asked, frowning. She had begun to feel slightly dizzy by then.

“I’m glad you asked,” Rapunzel said, “If you give me all the money you owe me, which is roughly $75,000, I will give you this,” and she lifted up the vial tied around her neck.

“A necklace?” the now very sick feeling woman asked.

“No, it’s the antidote to the poison I put in your coffee.” Rapunzel replied.

“You’re bluffing!” Gothel snapped, but she then began choking, and doubled over in pain.

“That doesn’t seem like bluffing, now does it?” Rapunzel reached for the knife in her boot just in case.

“You filthy brat!” she shrieked, as she dug around her drawers and realized all her weapons had been hidden. Seeing no other weapon, she flung the boiling water from the coffeemaker at Rapunzel.

The water hit Rapunzel on the lower half of the right side of her face and neck, scalding her skin, and turning everything around her grey. She jumped up with her knife in hand and spoke calmly.

“$75,000 in cash; right now. I’ll give you the antidote and you’ll never see me again.”

“Fine, but if I ever see you or that cripple in this city again I will snap his neck and I will make you suffer in ways you never thought possible.” She choked.

“open the vault, and give me the money” Rapunzel demanded. Gothel complied, swearing and coughing as she counted out $75,000. Rapunzel made sure the bills were real as she held some ice to her scalded neck then threw her the antidote as she walked out the door.

In the elevator, Rapunzel gazed at her reflection, her face and neck would be scarred forever. She ran her hands through her long, blonde hair for a moment, thinking. Then she pulled the knife back out from her boot and cut all of her hair off. She was free. She left the clumps of hair in the elevator and headed to the grocery store.

 

 

 

© 2012 Paige


Author's Note

Paige
You like?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on August 3, 2012
Last Updated on August 3, 2012
Tags: fairytale, twisted, modern spin, drugs, rapunzel

Author

Paige
Paige

About
I'm Paige andI like writing, I'm no pro, I just want to put my work up here for people to enjoy if they wish to do so. more..

Writing
The Beings The Beings

A Story by Paige


Habits Habits

A Poem by Paige