A thing for generalization

A thing for generalization

A Story by Moper

Was it our fault you got to that state?
Was it our fault you didn't ask for help?
Was it our fault we failed to notice the subtle messages?


No.


You chose to be quiet.
You put yourself in a corner.
You let yourself cower in fear like that.


We are not psychics, we're only human.


I say all this but I fail to accept the reality of what has happened.


The story took a turn for the worse, the absolute worst.


My eyes can cry no more.
My brain can't think no more.


'Has it already been a week already?'


I look around my surroundings to see a couple of my friends, all huddled up together and just sleeping. His Mother and Father just staring with dead eyes at the casket in front of them. Relatives providing tea and snacks for some of the visitors.


'Depression kills' they said.


I can't help but think that I just truly realized the meaning behind the words now. That said, they don't tell you that it actually isn't just a snap of a finger. It takes its time, much like how a predator patiently waits for its prey. It eats you up inside to a point you stop caring not about what people think, but about what you really feel.

It confuses me.


What would cause a person to just end it?


What event would cause a person to just say to himself, 'I'm done. I quit'


It makes no sense to me, especially the fact that this person was the most cheerful person I know. He was a joker that can make everybody laugh. He was an older brother to the young ones. He is always there when you need him, a person you can run to when you have problems. He always helps out to the best of his abilities anybody in need.


So why?


I can't help but be frustrated and angry as I look at his peaceful face. His good-looking Owen Wilson-like face.


It's really ironic when you hear it in movies, 'he looks like he's just sleeping and he'd wake up if I just nudge him a bit.' but in reality, it actually is true that it's scary. I'm scared to tap the glass and have him open his eyes and look at me.


'You b*****d. Let me hit that face! I'll ruin it for you before you meet our creator. I'm sure God will understand.' I snicker at my dumb thought, knowing full well you'd probably have laughed to that.


A tear.


A stream of tears.


It comes flowing down without warning.


His laugh.


His smile.


His sense of humor.


His kindness.


My heart feels like it's being squeezed dry again.


It hurts when you look at him in there.


It hurts when you imagine tomorrow without him.


But most importantly, it hurts to look in the mirror.


Why wasn't I able to do anything for you?


I thought we were best friends.


Why didn't you talk to me?


Why did you stay quiet?


Why wasn't I able to see that you were hurting inside?


Questions of regret and confusion haunts me every minute I think of you. You just ended it all, leaving us with a sentence we will never truly understand the meaning of...


'I hate you all.'

 

© 2017 Moper


Author's Note

Moper
Any feedback would be appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This hit me hard, not in a bad way! Just some stuff in my personal life that's all. But I do love it. It made me feel bad for the person talking.
This really just pulled on my emotions, which is good thing! Writing is truly at it's best when the author is able bring out the readers thoughts and feelings when reading. And you did such a good job with that! Like, just, wow.
Good on you! Keep up the good work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Moper

6 Years Ago

Life's a little bitter sometimes and it's usually through writing I lessen the burden on myself. I d.. read more
Wow this is so raw and real. I love the contrast between what we see in movies and the reality. I think with the spacing you used in this story, you could maybe incorporate some italicization--the first few lines especially, But overall really great job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Moper

6 Years Ago

Oh. I'll try and incorporate it the next time. Thank you for reading!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 20, 2017
Last Updated on December 20, 2017
Tags: death, sadness, anger, pain, life

Author

Moper
Moper

Philippines



About
Just trying my best to write decent short stories... May suddenly just go on hiatus. Life tends to be busy. Can be depressing... more..

Writing
Grandiose Grandiose

A Story by Moper


Dearest Dearest

A Story by Moper