Silence

Silence

A Poem by paleshadeofwhite

Allow silence to enter within; for it is in the sweet sound of silence that one finds self.  Do not allow the noise to be a distraction;for it is in the melody of stillness that the river runs free and the ripples harmonize.  Allow for new paths to be created; travel not on path's made.  Don't waste energy on matters that cannot be unresolved but rather save your energy, and use it in matters that will make a difference today.  Spread your love everywhere you go; so that you may set a good example for others to follow. Remember poverty does not always mean poor.  The greatest destroyer of peace is hatred; analyze yourself carefully if you think you may have an ounce of hate within self.  Let silence be your friend...

© 2014 paleshadeofwhite


Author's Note

paleshadeofwhite
(Hope you Enjoy)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You handled silence with true merit and serenity, this poem was very original and I enjoyed it a lot.

I liked the wisdom in it as well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This flows almost meditative. I like the message of finding silence and peace in being. However, I am having a little difficulty reading it in paragraph form with so many semicolons thrown in. Maybe that is just a personal preference though, are you trying to achieve something with this type of format?

Also, sorry, I did notice a grammar error, thought you might want to know: "Allow for new paths to be created; travel not on path's made" "Path's" should be just "paths", right? Unless you are talking about what one path is making?

But overall, the message is profound and well presented. A thoughtful, inspiring read.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 23, 2014
Last Updated on January 23, 2014
Tags: poem, poetry, new age, fantasy, story

Author

paleshadeofwhite
paleshadeofwhite

NJ



About
I capture moments in time through poetry; they are drawn from all periods of my distinguished life. The works are blended with mysticism, magick, spirituality, and dramatic style. With vibrant images .. more..

Writing