Rose between two Thorns

Rose between two Thorns

A Story by Madness is Insanity
"

Earth elementalist, Rose is apprenticed to the Tribe healer, Willow. She discovers that healing is an art and that things aren't always what they seem...

"

"Mum! Mum!" I, Rosalind yelled."I'maprenticedtoourhealerWillow!" "What did you just say? Slow down will you I can't understand a word your saying." Aphid replied. "Now say it SLOWLY so I can understand." "I am...apprenticed...to our healer...Willow." I said breathing hard. "I ran all the way back as soon as I could so I move to the healers tent as soon I'm done packing." "Ok then get a move on, little one.". I still can't get my head around the fact that I don't count as a utterly useless child any more, I'm an apprentice.The ceremony was short and sweet for me, although I feel sorry for those who didn't get chosen. The rules are: first, over a three year period you will work with all of the different masters, so they can tell whether you have talent for their area (You don't actually get told whether your good at it or not, gives more suspension at the choosing and then you don't get total try-hards if you're a mentor). Second, if you don't get chosen then you are welcome to stay as a farmer (earth), fisherman/seaman (water), pilot (air), as an entertainer (fire) or leave your hometown to try your luck at another element or become a wanderer/gypsy. If you choose none of these options you will be considered a pirate or a rouge and a threat."What were you called?" my mother said, interrupting my thoughts. "They called me a warrior-healer." I yelled down the staircase. What I mean by saying 'warrior-healer' is saying the arts I excelled in was the path of the warrior and the healers art. so I could train to be a healer and learn how to be a warrior or a guard. but most children only get one option, I was a) very lucky and b) very smart (and smug because of that)

© 2010 Madness is Insanity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A wolf as a friend, hehehe I get what you mean.
Good story but I see no paragraphing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


if i was to tell you a storey can you add in a rouge that travels around with a wolf as a friend please please please just an idea

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i would be a rouge with double swords and leather plates armor with steel plates put on over the top of the leather but all in all very interesting and of there is a second 1 then i want to read it if not can you write 1 please please please

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I would become a wandering Gypsy. Very well write Whop whop

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thing is, it is actually incomplete but I'm going to write it and if anyone has any ideas they want to add to it please say so here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


odd, seems incomplete. But for whats here, it's beautiful. No boring introduction, just straight into the story. I like it. I give you a 95.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 28, 2009
Last Updated on February 13, 2010

Author

Madness is Insanity
Madness is Insanity

Dead, Bored, New Zealand



About
Cats are awesome. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..