Chapter 3: The Ex

Chapter 3: The Ex

A Chapter by paparapapa

 

Chapter 3

Faith’s POV

 

                I’d be lying if I’d say that I wasn’t excited about going to school today. I woke up at 5 in the morning instead of the usual 6:30. That shows it. I’ve been thinking of a reason of why the enthusiasm. I kind of made a lot of theories, but in the end, I settled with it-was-so-long-since-I-had-a-new-friend theory. I discarded the thoughts like I just wanted to see him again and I want something more from this friendship. I consider them evil thoughts. Yeah. That’s why I have no reason to think about these things. If only there’s a Recycle Bin in my brain so that I can dump all of my evil thoughts there. Anyway, enough of that.

 

                I decided to exercise since it was still too early to prepare for school and I can’t seem to go back to sleep. At around 6:15, I took a bath and wore my school uniform. In my school, the girls have a choice of wearing either a pair of slacks or a skirt. In my closet, I have 5 pairs of slacks and 2 skirts. However, I’ve never worn the skirts. Why? Because I find them too short! It’s a rule in our school that skirts must be up to 2 inches above the knees! Who wants that? Apparently, everyone else. Other girls from my class even find these skirts too long. Now I don’t even know why I have these skirts.

 

                At 6:30, I was already prepared. I went downstairs to find my mom cooking breakfast for us.

 

                “Good morning, mom. What’s for breakfast?” I asked her and kissed her cheek.

 

                “I’ve prepared bacon and ham. I’ll just toast some bread for you. Will you wait for it? It’s still too early, right?” she asked.

 

                “Sure. It’s just 6:30. I still have an hour before classes start,” I replied.

 

                “Oh. I thought there was a school event since you were so early. What’s up? What changed?”  she was wearing an amused look.

 

                “Well, I woke up really early and I can’t seem to go back to sleep,” I answered while taking out the juice from the refrigerator. When I looked at her, she was wearing a knowing smile.

 

                “What?” I asked.

 

                “Nothing,” she said, still wearing that same smile. I decided to just drop it.

 

                After I was done eating at about 7:00, I started walking towards school. When I arrived at my room, it was only 7:15. So it was perfectly understandable that there were only a few people. As I sat on my chair which is in the middle, 2nd row, I caught a glimpse of Steve entering the room. I wasn’t sure how to act after yesterday’s incident so I pretended I didn’t see him and opened my bag to look for a book to read.

 

                I couldn’t understand anything that I was reading since I was too self-conscious. I was tempted to look behind me since I know that he also sits in the middle but in the last row. As I was about to turn my head to the right, I saw him sat down on the seat to my right. My eyes widened in surprise. I never expected that.

 

                “Good morning, Faith,” he greeted me, grinning.

 

                “Good morning, Steve,” I smiled since his smile was really infectious. I heard him sigh in relief. My face must have shown confusion since he offered an explanation.

 

                “It’s just that I thought you’d really change your mind after a night of thinking,” he bit his lip, and I concluded that he must be embarrassed. But what registered on my mind were the words ‘night of thinking.’

 

                “I wasn’t thinking of you all night!” I exclaimed. And when I realized that it came out wrong, I blushed real hard. Steve barked a laughter and all I really wanted to do at that time was hide my face. I was really, really embarrassed. This could be a candidate for my most embarrassing moment.

 

                “You’re really cute Faith. I can’t believe that I’ve only seen this side of you today,” he told me after he recovered from laughing out loud.

 

                “Oh, shut up,” I tried to hide the blush that was showing up again. This made him laugh again making some of my classmates look at us and giving us weird looks, as if this situation was really weird " Mr. Popular guy laughing with the Geeky Miss President. Now that I’ve said it, yeah, totally weird.

 

                I looked at him to see what he thinks of the crazy weird looks that we’ve received from my classmates, but he just shrugged and smiled telling me ‘don’t mind them.’ Wow, we’ve only been friends for less than 24 hours, but I can somewhat read him already. Amazing.

 

                The whispers died down and silently thanked the angel who must have caused this silence. We both looked at the door where a hot blonde girl entered our room. She’s definitely not from our class.

 

Steve’s POV

 

                “Hey baby,” said Vanessa Miller, school’s head cheerleader, and my ex. She sexily walked towards me, strutting her behind from side to side to get the attention of the other guys in my class. And as she was about to kiss me on the mouth while hugging me, I evaded her lips, and as a result the kiss landed on my cheek. I felt her eyes threw daggers at me.

 

                “Vanessa, we already broke up,” I said as I tried to push her away.

 

                “We didn’t!” she glared her eyes at me.

 

                “Just move on, okay?” I tried to walk away but she tightened her grip on my arm.

 

                “I know you want me, Steve. You won’t find anyone better than me,” her voice was cold and dead serious.

 

                “Any girl would be better than you, Vanessa,” I told her with a sigh.

 

                “You’ll regret this Grant,” she hissed. And as she was about to move away from me, something caught her eye which made her scoff at me.

 

                “Is she the one who is supposed to be better than me?” her tone was mocking. I didn’t have to follow her gaze to know who she was talking about, but I still chose to look at Faith. Her face spelled uncertainty. I can tell that she is unsure if it would be better if she would correct Vanessa’s misinterpretation but in the end settled with not saying anything. She must have realized that it would be better if she won’t involve herself. I gave her a reassuring and caring smile.

 

                “She’s my friend, Vanessa. Don’t bring her into this,” I glared at her expecting her to get the message ‘don’t even dare touch Faith.’

 

                “C’mon Steve. We all know you can’t be friends with a girl,” she smiled as if she had won the argument " proving that I chose Faith to replace her.

 

                “I don’t care what you think. But just remember that once I hear anything about you touching her, then I’d definitely make you regret that you challenged me,” I moved away from Vanessa. And as I walked across Faith, I mumbled “Sorry ‘bout that.”

 

                I saw Vanessa walk out of the room, and I don’t know if it was just my imagination but I saw steam coming out from her ears. I smiled at myself. Weird.

 

 

Faith’s POV

 

                What was that? I haven’t recovered yet when Princess arrived and sat by my side. Luckily, our teacher hasn’t arrived yet so she wasn’t marked late.

 

                “Did I hear right?” her voice was panicking.

 

                Well, what did you hear?” I said while looking at her.

 

                “Vanessa slapped you,” she exclaimed while checking my cheeks for signs of, well, being slapped.

 

                “What? Where did you hear that?” I asked her while laughing.

                “Tell me the truth! What did she do to you?” she glared at me.

 

                “Nothing! She just thought that I am Steve’s new girlfriend,” I told her. When I said the words Steve’s new girlfriend, I couldn’t hide the smile so I just let it show.

 

                “What are you smiling at? Well, anyway, she didn’t hurt you? What did Steve do?” she talked rapidly, refusing to breath in between questions.

 

                “Relax. She didn’t. Steve told her to back off and to not touch me since I’m his friend,” I assured her.

 

                “He did that? Are we talking about the same Steve here?” she asked me, raising one eyebrow.

 

                “Yeah, we are,” I grinned at her.

 

                She leaned on her chair and mumbled, “Wow, maybe he really did change.”

 

                I smiled.



© 2011 paparapapa


Author's Note

paparapapa
Please, please, please comment! And tell me if it's too fast, too slow or just right. And if it's good or bad that I switch the POVs. Thank you. :)

P.S. Please subscribe if you like it. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's just right, and I love these conversations. These are the kinds of talks that can happen to anybody at anytime, especially for any players. How Vanessa acts towards Steve clearly shows that he is a player, and if I were Faith right now, I'd probably mistaken the moment and think that I'm just a person to fall back on. Great job on this one!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved the start here :D lolz ! I kind of made a lot of theories, but in the end, I settled with it-was-so-long-since-I-had-a-new-friend theory ... haha..well proceeding to the next chapter :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lots of dialogue but it seems as if I'm standing right in front of them, surveying each scene. It shows a little bit more of Steve and his past ( Vanessa ), and a little bit more about Faith. ( Morning Rituals, Family, the likes..) It's not too fast or slow, I'd just say it was just right. -holds up thumbs up sign-

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This chapter is not boring and I like when the action move fast it make me want to read the next chapter

I don't know if the best chapter, but if I compare this to a classic western movie this was the bar fight!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The pace is perfect, the detail is amazing, and I'm on to the next chapter. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's just right, and I love these conversations. These are the kinds of talks that can happen to anybody at anytime, especially for any players. How Vanessa acts towards Steve clearly shows that he is a player, and if I were Faith right now, I'd probably mistaken the moment and think that I'm just a person to fall back on. Great job on this one!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

it isn't too fast or too slow. the witty dialogue is pretty nice. I would say you probably want to read over it one more time. there is maybe 2 parts that seem a bit forced but overall very good.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's not too fast, it's just right. I like it. It's nice that you switched POV's, the reader can see how each character is like.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it!!!! Especially the part were Steve stands up for Faith!!!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Its not fast and I like that you change the POV's. I cant wait to read more! Hurry up! lol :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

691 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 27, 2011
Last Updated on October 30, 2011
Tags: scorned, romance, love story, revenge


Author

paparapapa
paparapapa

Dreamland



About
If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing. - Benjamin Franklin more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..