The Voice

The Voice

A Story by Miu
"

The voice isn’t someone else; oh no, it’s myself, the part of me that is selfish and wants to get rid of that horrible pain as quick as possible.

"

One painful memory is all it takes. The pain comes rushing in taking control of my thought; blinding all reason from stopping me. The pain becomes too overwhelming and I can only look for the sharpest object around me. I can’t think about anything else but the relief that comes with the bite. I want it to go away; I want it all to go away!

                Then a single thought comes to mind. A face with tears and a voice saying to stop. I tried to listen, I promise I really did. However, the voice was more convincing and drowned you out so I couldn’t hear anymore. The voice twisted my mind and made me think that I needed it. The voice isn’t someone else; oh no, it’s myself, the part of me that is selfish and wants to get rid of that horrible pain as quick as possible.  Oh god, what have I done?

                What have I done? I now sit waiting for you to come pick up the pieces; waiting for you to yell and scream. Waiting.

                One time you didn’t come back to pick up the pieces. One time you came to tell me good bye and left me even more broken one the floor. So I locked the door to my heart and mind and told myself not to let anyone in. I told myself not to let anyone in, but I kept screaming and yelling at you to come in and fix what you had broken. You slipped inside maybe once or twice but left me even more broken each time.  Then you stopped coming. You stopped coming for three months.

                Then one night, you came back in. You fixed everything and began to gain my trust back. You told me that you loved me.

                And I love you. I’m not going back to that place. I promise.

© 2012 Miu


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on September 14, 2012
Last Updated on September 14, 2012
Tags: self injury

Author

Miu
Miu

About
Im a quiet person who has emotional problems. I'm trying my hardest to hang on to what i know. Other than all of that creepy dark stuff, i love to write, read, draw, hang with my colorguard family (t.. more..

Writing
Dance Dance

A Poem by Miu


He is He is

A Poem by Miu


The Ticking The Ticking

A Story by Miu