28

28

A by Piece Of My Life
"

memoir of what I experienced 10 years ago

"

It didn't take long to get settled back into my dad's house. I got a job at a nearby health food store, my daughter was safely squared away in her school, things seemed to be getting a little better between her dad & I. For a while there we couldn't even have a normal conversation at all, it always ended up in an argument. Things were looking up.

I continued to see him. About a month after I had left the trailer, I went out there again & stayed the night. We sat up talking. We talked about his life and where he was headed. I told him he needed a change. We both got the idea at the same time: maybe he could rent a room out from my dad.

He did. He took the upstairs, what used to be my dad's gambling room.




...and so began a whole new chapter.

© 2008 Piece Of My Life


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the way the story is going. Always good to hold on to the good things we had. Thank you for sharing the story. It was a honor and a pleasure to write the amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 4, 2008

Author

Piece Of My Life
Piece Of My Life

TX



About
(true) memoir of what I experienced 10 years ago, boring maybe but feels great to tell it- swore I never would. I'm 38 and on a mission to say everything I shouldn't. Wrote this out for the first time.. more..

Writing