Cyclic cognizance- A humbling experience

Cyclic cognizance- A humbling experience

A Poem by peculiar
"

Again, not a poem

"
It is a humbling experience to realize that almost every insight you have conceived, and will ever come to conceive, was already preconceived by countless of others before you.

Likewise, it is just as wonderful to realize that most of your insights will similarly be shared by those that will come after you.

Thoughts such as these, open the eyes to the universality and interconnectedness of beings; particularly the intangible ones such as thought and consciousness.

This way, space for clarity and humility is created; so that pride maybe tempered and the illusion of purely individual greatness be dismissed.

© 2014 peculiar


Author's Note

peculiar
<3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I dont agree with this - there are exceptions to the rule I feel such as the great thinkers Plato, Socrates and the great scientists like Copernicus and Issac Newton, Stephen Hawking etc. Such as their thoughts wont be repeated I feel - they were ground breakers and therefore the cyclic cognizance is a bit off - or Im a bit off (most likely the latter - but hey...)
I do like the concept and the way you tell it here Peculiar. :))

Posted 9 Years Ago


peculiar

9 Years Ago

Yes I did realize that while writting which is why I said ALMOST every insight :) thanks for taking .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 8, 2014
Last Updated on December 8, 2014
Tags: Thought, consciousness, insight, life, being, universe, universality, interconnection, people, awareness, cognizance

Author

peculiar
peculiar

Manila, NCR, Philippines



About
"Words do not express thoughts very well; every thing immediately becomes a little different, a little distorted, a little foolish. And yet it also pleases me and seems right that what is of value and.. more..

Writing
Absence Absence

A Poem by peculiar


Me Me

A Story by peculiar