The Hand

The Hand

A Poem by penNhand
"

Pull or put down

"

Bite the hand that feeds

The bullets in the chamber

One after another

My life is in danger

 

I rose with the sun

Intending to set forever

Plan undetected

Better yet all so clever

 

I walk in the shadows

Shy away from the faces

Those people they live

I walk without laces

 

Flash bright as the sun

What a bright light I see

I could not bite the hand

Instead the hand bit me

 

*pNh*

© 2011 penNhand


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interwoven with a divine balance. Well done! True message to be found within the words you paint. Thank you. :)

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem has a nervous energyl, at least to me. I feel the danger, as if life may be ending soon, and that bright flash at the end feels as if I almost met my death. I feel as if I am walking in these shoes, the bright light startled me. Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


First: Thank you for the review~ I really appreciate it. :)

Amazing. I just loved the turn of the metaphor, creative and definitely unique.
Definitely invoked some thoughts from me.

* 100 *

Posted 12 Years Ago


Gives the reader such an impression of how much life is truly a balance! Direct and full circle...unexpected and holds such impact! xoxo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This one makes me think about life's unpredictablilty. Thoughtful read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A tough little poem,full of tempo.Nice to read something with a traditional rhyme structure.It works because it´s real.Good work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awesome poem. The poem to me has a very quick tempo that I enjoy. In the end I like how the hand bites back instead of the one in the poem biting it. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It bites back, something one rarely reads about. Well, maybe, but not much in literature. I love the rebellion of the hand. Things don't go the way one expects them to.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I absolutely love the juxtaposition of common phrases to create a new meaning/angle/viewpoint ... i.e. hand that feeds/bullets in chamber. That's what poetry's about. Good piece!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 23, 2011
Last Updated on March 27, 2011
Tags: Suicide

Author

penNhand
penNhand

Grover Beach, CA



About
I am in the US Army. I enjoy writing and enjoy always trying to find new and inventive styles to write. :P Photography Quotes more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..