Assorted Tales

Assorted Tales

A Story by penhive
"

These are a collection of Micro-Fiction.

"

Wordfficult

Wordfficult from Word and Difficulty is a neologism and it means difficulty in remembering the meaning of words.

In my reading, I have experienced many wordfficulties.

Murder

I have a significant other in Cochin. Recently I have had a phantasmagoria thought of murdering her. It’s a delight to copulate with her and then murder her. I have thought of many ways of murdering her. Perhaps by strangulation, perhaps by inserting a knife into her neck, perhaps by stuffing a pillow on her and not allowing her to breathe and thereby suffocating her. Sad to say all my wishes of murdering her an exorcism of the pen of desire. Yes, I dream of murder but it’s only in writing.  

Aunt

This is an Aunt of mine who lives in Australia.

When she came here she once ironically said: ‘there are more chances of being struck by lightning than winning a lottery’.

Sad to say she has become a doomsday prophet and after her comments I have not been able to win a single prize.

I wish to negate her statement with future luck and hope to win lotteries.

Sacrifice of Isaac

God gifted Abraham a son when he and Sarah his wife were 100 years of age. Then God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son. Abraham willingly obeyed God’s order, but then in the nick of the moment God’s angel instructed him to sacrifice a ram entangled in a bush.

Sacrifice of Isaac as an Idiom means turning of an unpleasant situation to pleasant one.

In this drama of life, I would like to experience the sacrifice of Isaac.

Birds of the Air Neither Sow nor Reap

Jesus said: ‘look at the birds of the air, they neither sow nor reap and yet see how your heavenly father takes care of them. How much more will your Heavenly Father care for you.’

Birds of the air neither sow nor reap as an Idiom means being specially cared by God.

I am proud to say, I am in the experience of birds of the air that neither sow nor reap.

 

 

© 2021 penhive


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on March 16, 2021
Last Updated on March 16, 2021
Tags: Drabble, Flash Fiction, Literature, Art, Aesthetics, Sacrifice of Isaac, Birds in the air neither sow nor, Murder

Author

penhive
penhive

Pathnamthitta, Kerala, India



About
I am a Hellenic Philistine, an existential nihilist, a postmodern enthusiast, and I ontologize my being into religions of Christianity and Judaism with the being of an apologist. more..

Writing
Idioms Idioms

A Story by penhive