Someday with D

Someday with D

A Story by notekeeper22

Waiting... patiently in solitude. My hands extended so high up in the sky, casting a pleading mourn. The air was so cold and dry I could feel the discrete silence in it. The clouds are gloomy as ever and my eyes were surrendering for it could not bear to see another day in the mist. But along side my lonely discern, my face crunched a sincere smile as I realized that I could only appreciate the sun in darkness. This impeccably gray shades laid in front of me would only mean another day of coming spring. Another day to look forward to. I closed my eyes and imagined green. I heard the rustling wind playing with the leaves and swaying to the beat of the whispering air. The smell of fresh grass and that subtle rush of mellow heat bringing back the light in my life. The view of a majestic scenery of dancing flowers in colors of perfection got me swaying my head like I was entranced into this forest of bliss. I long for spring and this great anticipation, I had the winter to thank.

A loud honk from the red car beside me brought me back to the messy reality. I gave a sigh and I remembered my purpose for going out at this cold time of the day. I was about to give a call to this man I met recently. Too tempted to ring him but I had to control myself so I wouldn't appear to him as a woman needy of his attention... (even if indeed I am). A guy named Danila. He has got me curious about him since the day he cracked that unfunny joke, but it worked so well for me as I found wit in it. From that moment on, I just couldn't get enough of him in a day. Yet this man seemed too elusive... just when I am all stirred up, he would all be silenced up and it frustrated me that I could not do anything to get through him.

Before Danila my typical day was a mundane wheel rolling around non-stop. No destination. No limitation. I would start my day looking through this pale view of the outside world I was foreign to. I could not see a familiar face nor could I feel the breeze as air. It felt only like a rope tied on my neck ready to choke me when I became off guarded. It was such a suffocating life I dared not call it living at all. But for two years this had been what I had forced fed myself with. Until he came...

My typical day with Danila would start with a casual exchange of morning greetings. He was in Russia and I was in Perth and the timeline held some bars between us. Nevertheless we managed to talk everyday. If you met this lovely gentleman, he would be different from what you would expect. He was not a romantic one and neither was he a person who would ask you how your day went on. Well pretty much if I described him like this you would have already misunderstood him as a very cold person. But Danila was far from that. He was a sensitive man and he had his unique way of showing his warmth to others. He was sincere with his words and he never say anything he did not mean. Now, that was some description of a strict and stiff man. And so I said he was different. There was no one word enough to describe him. I should say... he was a bit of everything. 

Some days are good. Some days are bad. But there was never a boring day with Danila. Life was indeed more exciting with this man. They say that it takes three dates to like a guy, but I say it takes three funny moments to like a man.


Moment 1 - Alexander Pushkin


I slouched on the chair and straightened my legs. It was a lazy afternoon and I was on this state of being half asleep. Too bored of what I  was doing, I looked at the dull white ceiling of the library. The painting Tabula rasa came to my mind. In this wide sea of knowledge, what we know is just a dot. Then, you would not believe what came to my mind ---I wanted to draw him. I looked at my phone and saw pictures of him. I scrolled up and down of the three photos I have of him. I finally made up my mind and I selected this one photo where he had this mad look, his face a bit crunched like he was having a bad day. His eyes were cold and there was no trace of smile. The kind of look when you wanted to ask something but got a confusing answer.  I looked at the picture and imagined drawing it in my head. When I was sure of how I would draw, I started moving my black pen. Stroke by stroke I smiled at the thought of how he would react when he sees what I did. The face took shape and then the ears, next the eyes, nose, and lips. And one thing left to draw… the hair. It was a nuisance because the picture did not include his hair. The picture was cut on his forehead. I didn’t know his hair but I was too embarrassed to bother him and ask how it looked. It would ruin my surprise. So I designed his hair myself. I doodled on it and made it curly. Circles, circles big and small. The photo ended up hilarious. It looked like a badass mafia guy who would kill for money. I laughed at the look of it and for a while I hesitated to show it to him. Mind you he did not look anything like that. It was my lack of talent in drawing that made him look like a mad man in distress. I took my phone and ‘click’. The angle of my shot was suitable enough. My heart beat a bit fast and I was hesitating to send it. The ‘what ifs’ came to me thinking of a situation where he would feel offended of what I was about to show him. I have trust in the goodness of mankind though, so I sent it. I waited for a moment and I saw his reply. He laughed at it. He said he looked like distorted Alexander Pushkin. I found his reaction so funny. We talked about the drawing for a long time... It was a silly moment… but I categorized it in my brain’s memory file “funny moment” because it was the first time we laughed together...


© 2018 notekeeper22


Author's Note

notekeeper22
the story is still in progress...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
Added on December 16, 2017
Last Updated on December 17, 2018