Zen story: Living in the present moment of the now.

Zen story: Living in the present moment of the now.

A Story by zennedpen
"

A Zen master talks about the real now of now, which only exists now, but also in the next now. Nows flow through present time moments.

"


{Is your love wooden, or real? Living it actively in the now of now, makes it real!}

The Zen master, Lertlik Horitchke, was talking to his students about the concept of the, "now".

He said to them that a lot of people have this idea all back to front.

The future is promised to everyone. The past has happened to everyone too.

The now happens to no-one though, until you grab it now.

There is no power in the present moment.

The power is in you placing it there yourself.

Kindness is only ever actively alive, in the love given now.

We should not hold onto the "now" though, nor should we let it go.

The now never rests in inaction, unless you are the one either holding on, or letting go.

Both actions restrict the flow of the now.

The "now" flows, and must be allowed to flow.

Death exists when the flow of now stops flowing, but never exists, when now continues to flow.

Life flows past death, in its state of now.

Love lives in the now, and outside of the now too. 

It is up to you to see love in all places, but blinding yourself with love creates death for you, if you are pretending to live from love, from outside of the now.

One way is living love from your mind. (Trying to live from love from outside of its now.)

The other way is living love from your heart. (Living from love in its now of only now).

One way is active love. The other only theoretical love.

Your heart lives in the now. Your mind never does.

Photo Credit: The photos used in this article were all sourced from the free media site, pixabay.com

© 2020 zennedpen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Resist nothing, even that within you which resists. The less you resist, the more you are in the now, for the mind's wandering is a form of resistance.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

zennedpen

3 Years Ago

That's truely said.

The emptiness fills the emptiness fully, only from our heart, nev.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
1 Review
Added on October 20, 2020
Last Updated on October 20, 2020
Tags: Zen, zen master, Zen story, short story, now

Author

zennedpen
zennedpen

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
On line writer, on various writing sites, for the best part of nearly 20 years now. more..

Writing