Short story: Zen and Karma

Short story: Zen and Karma

A Story by zennedpen
"

Karma has its own types of coins, and values, which usually need to be paid in full, rather than exchanged for anything else of greater, or lesser value.

"


{Do not be chicken of your karma. The eggs will come when they are ready to come.}

The Zen master, Fuhojo Zevoski, was trying to explain about the idea of karma to his students.

As, in some New Age religions, he told them, where the punishment is for the sin, and does not label the person, themselves, as a sinner, karma is about the intention behind the act too.

Karma is a recorder of our intentions. 

A bad intention, will incur harsh consequences, because our karma has been purified by our planting in it bad seeds, which will then find their way back to us, manifesting in us, as bad fruit.

Intentions are brought into reality through, actions, thoughts, deeds, and words.

When we are nasty in our words, we will find that we start thinking more and more in nasty ways too, as these first seeds are now sprouting in our minds.

The emptiness can be filled with love, or with karma, and when it is full of karma, there is no room left for love, until you can rid yourself of the karma.

Love takes a backseat in you, because you value these seeds of karma too much, and nurture their growth rather than uprooting them right away.

This is what we need to do:

"Forgive the person, or forgive yourself. Forgive their/your actions.  Let it go, set it free, karma will complete what is meant for thee to be, or see."     


Photo Credit: The photos used in this article were all sourced from the free media site, pixabay.com

© 2020 zennedpen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on November 16, 2020
Last Updated on November 16, 2020
Tags: karma, zen, zen story, zen master, short story

Author

zennedpen
zennedpen

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
On line writer, on various writing sites, for the best part of nearly 20 years now. more..

Writing