Short Story: A Vedanta master gives a talk on God

Short Story: A Vedanta master gives a talk on God

A Story by zennedpen
"

We all live in the mouth of God, and he never spits us out. We are God's sustenance, as much as he is ours.

"


The renowned Vedanta master, Sri Tritia Kulumluri, was giving a talk to a group of students from a nearby University, who were interested in the Vedanta Philosophy.

His talk was simply titled: God and the infinite.

Here is what he said:

"It is said that God is infinite in existence, in person, and in his consciousness. Both the truth, and the energy of love dwell with God."

"Are these ideas right, though?"

"No, because God is not infinite, but his creation is so."

"God is not finite either, but he is existing in his point of oneness, off which all infinities hang off from too."

"Love and truth leave God, and enter his worlds around him, and with the knowledge gained by the inhabitants of these worlds, they can then see their creator in the background, and so commune with him by loving, trusting, and allowing him to connect to themselves too."

"In this way, God shares his very being with his creation."

"Have you any questions now?"

he asked them.

One student said:

"I have heard it said that infinity is the food of the finite, that makes them infinite again. Would you elaborate on that idea a bit for me please?"

"An inner transformation is never needed. What is needed is to bring your inner to your outer. Your infinite side to your finite side, and then you act from the infinite outwardly then too."

was the master's answer, and as there were no more questions, he finished his talk, at that point, then, and there too.

Photo Credit: The photos used in this article were all sourced from the free media site, pixabay.com

© 2020 zennedpen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on November 19, 2020
Last Updated on November 19, 2020
Tags: short story, God, infinity, inner transformation, Vedanta

Author

zennedpen
zennedpen

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
On line writer, on various writing sites, for the best part of nearly 20 years now. more..

Writing