Short Story: The old Zen master dreams anew

Short Story: The old Zen master dreams anew

A Story by zennedpen
"

An old Zen master becomes confused by the way that his dreams have started becoming mixed up in the way that they are being put together. Another Zen master puts him right again.

"


The Zen Master, Luswich Fredoski, was getting old, and he seemed to be dreaming more at nights.

His dreams, though, were appearing to be getting more and more mixed up, for him.

He would dream of his old mother's house, for example, but the furniture in it now, would be that in this monastery, where he had spent the last 40 years of his life.

Or, sometimes, he would dream that he was in his monastery's book-room, but the books in there were all from his old father's book collection, from his old father's house.

This worried him a bit, as he thought that it showed him that he might be getting scatter-brained, or that even perhaps he might soon get dementia.

He went for a walk to another monastery, and he asked the head monk there about his dreams.

Here is what the master, Fridrek Zeblowski, from the other monastery told him.

"Life is a series of happenings, and these insert themselves within your memory, so that they might be utilised by you to build your life upon, learning all of the time, from what has gone before."

"This mixing of elements of your life in your dreams simply shows you that when you lived in your parent's house, you were also borrowing from them parts of your future, and when you now live in the monastery, you are using what you learnt in the past too. The past never leaves you, and these dreams show you simply that."

"There is no need to be afraid, ever, of your own dreams."

Photo Credit: The photos used in this article were all sourced from the free media site, pixabay.com

Dreams provide us with seeds of love to contemplate over, but grown in ways, that we often need our minds, and hearts to interpret for us. 

(Or sometimes, someone else can help us make sense of them too, as here in my story).

© 2021 zennedpen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on May 17, 2021
Last Updated on May 17, 2021
Tags: zen, dream, dreaming, Zen master, life

Author

zennedpen
zennedpen

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
On line writer, on various writing sites, for the best part of nearly 20 years now. more..

Writing