Sick and Tired Of Leading a Normal Life

Sick and Tired Of Leading a Normal Life

A Story by phantom66
"

something I have been writing for almost 3 years which I finally am starting to re-write and finish completly please do take the time to R&R it would be most appreciated thanks so much -phantom66

"

Sick and Tired Of Leading a Normal Life

 

They had always said to behave and be well mannered. To always do the best you possibly can. Five years on a lot has changed. I am now in year 11 studying my arse off to hopefully take GCSE’s in 2008. I was a pretty average student was never a high achiever or did terribly awful. I was in the middles “just right” like the porridge in the tale of goldilocks and the three bears. I had a pretty average amount of friends too. I never imagined myself as a super popular person I was liked by many and some just did not care to find out.

Having a secret boyfriend though who was a whole fourteen years older than me did put me at a certain advantage. I felt super mature finally having found someone who understood me and the way I saw things. At the same time while all of this was going on I had to face the prospect of applying to colleges I would like to take my A-levels at and also look into what university courses would suit me best once I had graduated.


My daily life would revolve around going to school and being lectured then coming home and being lectured on life. It was the most agonising thing at the time but I do appreciate how all the pushing made me finally after three whole tries help me pass my mathematics GCSE. Maths was never my strongest point I had to take after school tuition and regular homework for it to finally sink into my brain.  It was quite possibly the last thing on my mind at the time though. All I could think about was him. His warm skin, bright eyed face and not to forget the dashing smile.


He was almost like a Greek god in his complete entirety. The most satisfying thing was that he was all mine. He loved me with such a fiery passion it hurt so much to love him back. I was very taken aback at how he even noticed my existence back then I had wonky teeth which I had gotten braces for, wild frizzy hair which would cascade down my back and skinny as a needle. My frame at the time was very petite and at five foot nine inches I seemed to come off as quite extra terrestrial.


My friends were my entire world at the time as you can imagine. Like any other sixteen year old teenage girl my aim in life was to make sure I had enough credit on my phone to stay socially active twenty four hours of the day and to take over use of the house phone for three hours at a time then be shouted at for not answering any incoming calls. I would stake out in my room most of the time only leave for the purposes of watching television with my brothers or eating food. Oh lord my love of ice-cream had so much so that I could finish tubs at a time and would leave them in the freezer to give the impression that the box was full. I got told off for that a lot too.


When I look back now I laugh about the little quirks I had and how they shaped me into the person I am today.

As a child, teenager, young adult I was never the girly girl type of girl. I had three younger brothers it was the inevitable I was the tomboy sister who loved wearing jeans and knew more about video games and superheroes than makeup and fashion trends. Ironic as it was I was pretty content of my choice at the time. There were many incidents in school where girls in my form group would ask me why I did not feel the need to wear makeup. When I tried to explain to them how I did not need it because I had perfectly clear skin they would start to get the impression that I was bragging or making them feel bad about their imperfections that they were trying to conceal.

 

To be quite frank there were even boys in my form group who would question me. I would get called every nickname under the sun picking on me about my height, weight, my skinny frame. I have the worst memories of swimming classes with both girls and boys together. Oh the embarrassment and envy I used to feel standing in all my glory in front of the girls who would whisper about how I had no womanly curves and the boys who would stare at the never ending length of my legs. Physical Education ( P.E ) as it was called back in my day was never my strongest point and neither was it something I had ever taken an interest in. I would hate group sports especially rounder’s. The fear of being hit with a rock hard ball in the face was something that made the hairs on my neck stand up.


I would get laughed at for the way I ran. How my legs would flail around like an ostrich but I would always come first in running. I remember one time we had to do a hundred metre run it was me and all the boys I ran so fast I was holding my breath the entire time and I ran past the finish line to realise the teacher saying well done to me so loud and all the boys looking so shocked as if they were going to die of embarrassment right there and then on the spot. Not to brag but running and high jump was definitely my silent ninja weapon to shut them up. Being as shy as I was it felt quite liberating to be able to show them how it’s done.

Memories of secondary school were not my fondest yet it is something to definitely cherish and remember. A lot of my experience helped me shape my views and opinions on life and helped me understand lots of different kinds of people and why they were a certain way.

 

 

© 2013 phantom66


Author's Note

phantom66
please do share any constructive critism you have and any suggestions for improvements. what would you as the reader like to see in future chapters?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on December 11, 2013
Last Updated on December 11, 2013
Tags: love, life, friends, sick, tired, normal, teenage, story

Author

phantom66
phantom66

London, Surrey, United Kingdom



About
writing fanactic, read and review would be much appreciated Phantom66 more..

Writing
Colourful Colourful

A Poem by phantom66