Rambling About Idiocy

Rambling About Idiocy

A Story by Melanie Nicole
"

I was quite annoyed one day and I decided to ramble about stupidity and the "Stupid Girls" that Pink refers too in her song of the same name

"
Today, I was Looking through pictures that of friends of mine had posted on Facebook. It was pictures of them, and that's just about it. There were pictures of them and their friends. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that. I have absolutely nothing against putting pictures of yourself on Facebook. When you go through album after album of NOTHING but pictures of whoever put them up, It begins to get annoying. When people want to see picture of someone's birthday, they don't want to see pictures of you and your friends posing, picture after picture. Why can't you post pictures of what you got, or the cake? Why, oh why do you insist on putting 80 pictures of you making faces, or posing like the supermodels that you wish that you were? It's about a thousand albums with all of the same things. Birthdays, vacations, day trips, blah blah blah. We're tired of seeing all of the same things! PIctures of you. Probably edited pictures. Since I'm already  venting about people who are in love with themselve, what is it with people who LITERALLY take an hour out of their lives to put on makeup?! An Hour. that means that you are down to 23 hours in a day. Three Hundred and sixty five hours a year! FIFTEEN DAYS OUT OF YOUR LIFE EVERY YEAR. Do you hear just how ridiculous that sounds? For what purpose? If it's to impress men, they probably don't care. Sure, put on a little eye shadow--that's fine--but if a guy only looks at you, and only cares about the amount of gunk on your face, he doesn't like you for YOU, and he is most definitely NOT worth it. I promise you. Seeing as I'm already at it,  I was looking at a tank top on Hollisters website. And it was 30 dollars. It had nothing special about it at all! It was a tank top! Why? Why do you stupid people insist on spending all that money on clothes? How many of these girls have actually turned on a Television or a radio long enough to realize what a turmoil that our country or entire world is currently in? No, probably not. They watch things like Americas Next Top Model, or their whole lives revolve around American Idol. Whatever the 'hot' thing is that week. Do you think that they care about politics? The world that we live in? No they don't. and I'm so incredibly sick of it. I wish everyone would SHUT UP about all of the dumb things. Can't we focus on more important things? Why is it all that we care about is who is dating whom and who  tripped and looked stupid, or ROBERT PATTINSON! ....No. You out there, reading this? Please, when the time comes, raise your children right. I beg of you. We really don't need MORE stupid people in this world of ours.

© 2010 Melanie Nicole


Author's Note

Melanie Nicole
This was written sometime last June (2009) and I have edited it only slightly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Amen to that! It's like they go home and pose in the most annoying, cliche poses in ridiculously lowcut tops and really tight jeans and take pictures! It's there a method to this maddness? Only that they want to look hot or have no life beyond take stupid pictures of themselves... :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Amen indeed! People need to realize what's more important in life, and what you're going to remember most. Are you going to remember going to winter formal for one night in a $300 dress, or spending your day face painting and singing with underprivileged children? And if you're looking for people to take notice of you, what do you think they'll remember you for? If only we could send stuff like this to EVERYONE.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Truely an amazing rant.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Amen to that! It's like they go home and pose in the most annoying, cliche poses in ridiculously lowcut tops and really tight jeans and take pictures! It's there a method to this maddness? Only that they want to look hot or have no life beyond take stupid pictures of themselves... :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 22, 2010
Last Updated on January 22, 2010

Author

Melanie Nicole
Melanie Nicole

Sylva, NC



About
Activities: Reading, Writing, drawing, singing loudly and off-key, being a smart-aleck and dreaming Interests: I am interested in Hitler, but that does not mean that I want to be him Music: P.. more..

Writing