Fractured, But Not Broken

Fractured, But Not Broken

A Poem by Yira Simone
"

Yes there is a difference between the two.

"

Yes...I am still sore.

Battered, bruised, black and blue.

It hurts so much to breath, to move.

Had I not taken a leap of faith...

I thought you were a soft place to fall,

so I fell into love feet first,

and with my eyes sealed shut.

I missed the mark. Your heart was

never there, you were an oasis...

you were never real.

Just a figment of my imagination.

I thought my heart was broken,

I thought that it was shattered.

But I was wrong, just like I was about you.

I'm not broken in a million pieces.

I'm not so fragile as it appears.

It may hurt to breath, yet I exhale.

It may hurt to move, still I stretch in the morning sun.

I'm fractured, but not broken.

I'm fractured, but I'm not broken up over you.

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Yira Simone


Author's Note

Yira Simone
When love dies it hurts. The only way to heal is to continue to live your life.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel your pain, been there, done that, and still in it. Oneday the courage will come along as it did for you and maybe I will only be "fractured and not broken".

Posted 14 Years Ago


Love should never be...(Battered, bruised, black and blue.) I survived 2 marriage that were like that. Twenty years down the wrong road and I would never travel that road again. A very powerful poem. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 14 Years Ago


So very true. Haven't we felt this way about a person in our life at one time or another. This poem is so very powerful and just hits in such an emotional spot. I loved it. I'll be checking out your other works as well. You'll see me again!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love you!!!! I felt this way for seven agonizing months. Yet, as you said, it turns out I wasn't shattered. In that moment of weakness, we find our strength. You captured this beautifully.

"It hurts so much to breath"

I know this well. The mere physical act is made monumental. I loved that you captured that. This is an amazing piece. I know the emotions very well. You captured the regret and questioning so well it is heartwrentching. I could probably quote every line in this poem and compare it to an emotion I've felt. That is really the true strength of a great writer.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i really liked this poem, it is so true about love, BRAVO!

Posted 15 Years Ago


How painful.

A feeling I understand too well. "I thought you were a soft place to fall." I thought you loved me, your loving words told me so. "But I was wrong ... about you." Its okay, I've fallen but will get up again. Even though it hurts, "I'm fractured, but not broken."

Posted 16 Years Ago


wow. i love how you have this tone of discovery... a self awareness just coming into it's own. the pain of lost love the catalyst of identity solidifying. it's ironically very positive. great write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Brava!
~Pumping Fists Into The Air~
Finally! A beautiful, fabulous piece about someone who YES got bruised and battered and YES definitely is feeling the pain. But they are not broken. They are not shattered. They are still whole. Still healthy. Still powerful and strong. They still have a beating heart. They will live/love/survive again.
Strong. Poignant. Rich.
I loved your words. They were intoxicating and made me want to crow victory to the skies!
Wonderfully done!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Excellent read! I'm sure I'm not the only one that can relate to this... It reminds me of a quote my good friend always said: "I never regret anything I've done in the past, because then I wouldn't be the same person I am today."

Posted 16 Years Ago


Love has so many faces it's difficult to know which one is before you. It takes just the right mixture to give us the perfect love otherwise each person perception is skewed and pains us when we melt into our lover.
I love the way you bring this to the foreground and accept the fracture, then move on.


Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1080 Views
12 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 29, 2008
Last Updated on March 30, 2008

Author

Yira Simone
Yira Simone

Writer's Cafe...address pending, CA



About
Hello Everyone!!! I completed my studies at UC Davis. I majored in English and Medieval Studies (Yes, I know a little Middle English). I am with the same man, and to our family we added a black cat.. more..

Writing
Lady Lie Lady Lie

A Poem by Yira Simone