Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
A Colour Of Hope

A Colour Of Hope

A Story by pia
"

there is always hope

"

   The sun’s gentle rays touched my skin as I stepped onto the edge. My eyes remained fixed on the horizon that slowly started to merge with those crimson rays, creating a force which softly pulled me closer to the drop. The sky danced to the changing rhythms of glittering evening colours. It swirled along to the blue and yellow like a seraphic canvas.


   As I inched further to the edge of the cliff, I caught a glimpse of God’s painting. A breathless view, content in its own soul while I watched it from above. It had a heart that never stopped beating, and breathed life into all that surrounded it.  I watched the sea flirt with the sand, pulling each helpless grain into its vastness. The sea, once an empty pit, now found tranquility in the waters that completed it. And now, I stood here, on the cliff, looking for something to the fills the gaps placed in my heart. To find an inspiration, perhaps, that would draw back the life that once abandoned me. I was back on my feet. I looked down into the eyes of these clear waters. And then, it was all clear to me. The sky, the land and the sea, all whispered into my ear, and told me to let go. My heart detached itself from my brain and welcomed its new found freedom back. It told me to stop thinking. I shut my eyes and counted to three, and then I jumped.


   I jumped into the endless possibilities and an unfamiliar beginning. I didn’t know what the future held for me after this, but I did know that I left the person I once was behind on that cliff. Was I to live or die, I didn’t care. As long as I was not the person I left behind. I left my problems, my troubles and myself.


   Between the sky, the land and the sea, I fell. The wind caressed its breezy fingers through my hair while guiding my free falling body. For the first time in years, I was at peace. All my insecurities were abandoned, and all my regrets were forgotten. I was a new person emerging, as the wind helped to shed my old skin. I plunged directly into the water and rose back up, floating around, free from the weight of everything. I lived to remember the experience; the experience of thoughtlessness. And this thoughtlessness that gave me a chance to liberate myself, and fling myself into the open; to become a part of God’s painting. And when I looked up into the sky, it had changed its colour into a hopeful green. 

© 2017 pia


Author's Note

pia
in Eastern cultures the colour green symbolizes : hope, rebirth and new beginnings.
and personally it is one of my favourite colours

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great story Pia. How many people have had that calling at the last minute. Lives broken and gone, seemingly with no hope, but to end it all. But then, that sign. Maybe a voice, strong thought. Who knows. But hope it gives. People change and prosper, and reflect.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for such a wonderful review Paul !!



Reviews

I loved this story Pia:)
Really inspirational.
I visualized the scenery through your words.
Thanks for sharing this Pia;)

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

thank you so much !!
Choice of words is wonderful! I absolutely love the description of everything :D love this write :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

thank you !!
Sofia

6 Years Ago

Most welcome :)
I loved the easy, conversational flow of this piece Pia. I cannot figure out if it is a metaphor or the tale of suicide but no matter if is written as a sensitive and enlightening parable. Perhaps less use of the word 'heart' in paragraph two would improve it slightly.

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

you're absolutely right
thank you
what a wonderful write. you are one keen observer of the world. every line is already remarkable but this one really caught my attention."I watched the sea flirt with the sand, pulling each helpless grain into its vastness." i enjoyed it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

thank you so much !
The word selection is just marvelous, you words are very wise and give peace in the readers hearts.

Thank you for sharing :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

thank you so much
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

your welcome
This is a beautuful and inspiring poem of re-birth. Rich with vivid natural imagery. Love the surprise twist! Transcendent and courageous...

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much !!
Such beautiful, clever, fun personifications of nature. I myself, have had fantasies such as this in longing to be free of the anxiety and regrets weighing on my heart. You paint such vivid descriptions of the physical and the emotional. Keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

thank you so much !!
An emotional, powerful and beautiful story!
It inspires hope and is really thought provoking, and the imagery of the painting is very well described!
Well done, keep it up!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

i'm so glad you liked it !!
Mr.Writer

6 Years Ago

No problem :)
Wowiee, I'm in love with this story, wonderful..much to learn from this..
Amazing

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

thank you so much !!
Wisdom found, stood up again, raised in hope..Much to learn here...
You described pretty well...
I loved it..:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

im glad you enjoyed it !!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2139 Views
44 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 7, 2017
Last Updated on July 8, 2017

Author

pia
pia

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



Writing
chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by pia


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by pia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Am Blind... Am Blind...

A Poem by Surya