confession

confession

A Poem by Kristen

I said Hail Mary with a razor
rather than a rosary.
My penace, my cross to bear.
Twelve slashes to keep me from despair.
My skin - that elastic friend
now only shows proof of my sin.
Oh God, why did you leave?
All I have left now is this need to bleed.
Like JC nailed to the cross
Can't anyone understand my loss?

I'm bleeding fresh blood from wounds scraped raw

© 2008 Kristen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is one of the best, if not the best suicide/masochist/self-inflicting wound poems I have read. Amazing, simply Amazing. I have gone back and read it so many times through that I have lost count. I really love it. You describe the pain through a religous type of view point. You relate to Jesus, but yet you seem to be agnostic, or aethist. I like this view. I have a different faith, but I can identify with this scenario... quite well acually.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a nice little piece, strong yet vulnerable. "I'm bleeding fresh blood from wounds scraped raw", boy can I relate to that.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I really like the beginning of this. Well the whole first half. The idea of penance being motivation for cutting is good. At the end I felt like I wanted more, but maybe that's just me. I like things tied off with a bow. This is good. Sorry it took me so long to get around to it. Great picture too.

Posted 16 Years Ago


very rudimentary in feeling. thats what makes it good

Posted 16 Years Ago


Much like the feeling of getting your heart nailed to a tree, when someone decides they wish to be with another. Anyways, this is a very fitting, accurate of what a lot of us feel. Amazingly, despite the fact that many of us share this pain, no one seems to care until it's a bit late. Sticks and stones may break bones, but razors and blades mean forever shade.

(Also notice that the blood that you once felt you shared, in a sense, is now getting spilled by your own hand, but caused by that person. Ironic, isn't it?)

Good job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


From the opening line I was hooked. I think the best thing I can say is that I am jealous for the bare emotion you have been able to put to words. I think it's something everyone, writer, poet, or otherwise, aspires to, often only to fail. You have clearly succeeded. Brilliant.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
6 Reviews
Added on February 15, 2008

Author

Kristen
Kristen

Glenwood Springs, CO



About
I'm a 30-year-old writer who has been writing for longer than I can remember. Previously published works have been mostly articles, although some of my poetry was published in my college literary jou.. more..

Writing
gyno visit gyno visit

A Poem by Kristen