Chapter 2 - Unfortunate Destiny

Chapter 2 - Unfortunate Destiny

A Chapter by Eisho Shu
"

Chapter three of Ascension of Dimension Legend

"

When we left the room, it was rather... Bloody in the hall. What happened while we shut ourselves in my room? I want to know but at the same time, I'm scared. James on the other hand told us is alright, if anything happens, he will protect us. Though I doubt he will be able to do much, he looks like the type who will chicken out when real danger occurs. Then he actually proceeds on showing off his muscle for a good minute or two, tell us he is strong enough now. 

We got out of the building just fine but what awaits us is a scene from hell. There are people shivering in corners while weird animals eating its corpse. When I look closely, it's some kind of dog or wolf that is eating a dead person. If I were to describe that creature, it is similar to those black dogs from the Ball Monsters. The series with the annoying catch phrase: got to catch all of them. That is a really old series that is still on going right now. Though that is not important, the creature is enjoying that corpse as its meal. We decide to try and move around it so we do not disturb its meal. It did however make us feel uncomfortable. The very thought of that person being someone we know make me feel sick.

We manage to get ourselves moving but James had to step on someone and made it crack. We all slowly turn towards that dog and look at it. It doesn't seem to have notice use yet. Then we somehow end up having a whispering to each other while moving through slowly.

Me: "Be careful!"

James: "Sorry, I didn't notice."

Yuuki: "Hey, watch where you are stepping!"

Jack then notice he was about to step on a broken glass.

Jack: "Oh, sorry... Not used to sneaking around"

Me: "Okay now, just be careful and stop talking"

Yuuki: "Well you are the one started it"

Me: "Sure, but we don't need to drag out the conversation. If you want to warn something about something, just tap our shoulder or something"

James then pokes me on the thigh and almost causes me to scream

Me: "What was that for?"

James points at a beer bottle in front of me.

Me: "Oh... But don't poke me like that! From now on, only tapping shoulders, okay?"

Everyone nods in respond. I'm glad we are on the same page now but I'm not sure if James just lack common sense or he just decide to do that for fun, I have no idea. Then finally we start moving again at the pace we were at before.
......
...
Everywhere we go, it is the same scenery. For those who are still living, either they are shivering in fear or is engaging in some kind of fight. In my mind I question "How did it get this bad?" but no answer come to my mind. We notice a place where is fortified with chains onto the doors and windows. We try to get near and immediately someone tried to stab us with a spear like weapon. No, that is a spear, just a poor make shift spear someone made. Jack then ask him some questions. 

Jack: "Why did you attack us?" 

He didn't respond at first but after a while, he did 

Man: "No one outside of the building can be trusted!" 

When we hear that respond, I think I'm getting angry again. Why in the world can't we be trusted? We don't have a real weapon but my bamboo sword, so why? This thing can only at most break one or two bone then it will be become useless, it can only be used for self-defense at most. As I'm trying to figure out why, I saw how this campus has come to once more. I murmured to myself "Oh... Right." 

I told the others that we should look for different place since these people clearly very paranoid already. Yuuki agree right away with me. Jack is a bit hesitant but was convinced by James. Really, just because James now have his ideal body, he become the type that can be the leader. As that thought comes to my mind, I realize we should have a leader. In situation like this, having a leader should help with decision-making. When I suggest this to them, they seems to have different person in mind. 

ME!? I immediately ask why 

Me: "Why me? James look like a more capable guy as leader" 

James: "Well you are always the one leading us" 

Yuuki: "I agree, even when we have a project together. You are always the one taking the lead" 

Me: "I make this suggestion because I don't feel like I can do it" 

Well a part of me wants to be the leader but that is a lot of responsibility. I don't like it when I get put under that kind of pressure. I tried to look at Jack for help but... 

Jack: "I don't care who be the leader at all but since they believe it's the right job for you... I will agree to you being the leader" 

Gah! That is not what I want to hear. Oh well, I reap what I sow. I tried to make someone the leader so I won't be one have made me become one, ironic isn't it. When we finish talking about this, we reach the college's largest cafeteria. 

A man walks up to us and greets us in an old fashion way with a deep bow. We somehow just bow back to him as reflex. I thought in western culture bowing during a greeting was not a common thing. Oh well, no use thinking too deep into it. We proceed to follow this guy after he welcomed us. He led us to a small room and ask us to wait here until his boss is able to meet with us. 

Me: "Boss? Who are you taking about?" 

Man: "It is Master Peter Trem. Now if you will excuse me, I have to make my report." 

After he finish, he exit the room. Me and Yuuki look at each other at the same time. It looks like we are thinking the same thing "We are in trouble". Peter Trem, this guy goes to the same high school as me and Yuuki. He is a well-known bully and is affiliated with several gangsters. He supposed to be expelled but the school got bribed every single time by his father. I bet he buy his way into this college as well. We decide to tell James and Jack the story, they suggest we should run while we can. That sounds like a reasonable action to take but I have my doubt. Well since all three of them agree on escaping, why not. 

I'm the end, we got caught and had to make a run for it. After we left the building, they stopped chasing us for some reason. I guess the outside world has already traumatized them. We all sigh in relief and laugh it off for a bit.

Then we proceed to look around the campus once more. This time, I saw something... Nice. For some reason, this... Dead person is holding a sword. He is wearing our everyday clothes but why does he have a sword? I can tell this is a real sword due to its edge covered in blood and impaled some kind of arm. None of us want to check up close but I am the leader, I got to do my job. 

I went up to the corpse and grab the sword while praying for him in my heart. After I grabbed the sword, I notice he have a scabbard as well. I pray one more time to him and take the scabbard too. This isn't good for my heart. I feel like throwing up due to his corpse are already decomposing and is filled with maggots. I did hold myself back and not throw up. This is very disgusting but I did somehow get over it.

Afterward, we examine the arm that is on the sword. Eww, it's green when we took a closer look! Why is it green? Though for some reason, it does not have maggots or any sign of decomposition, weird. I proceed to remove the arm and clean the blood on the blade then sheathed it. 

I already have my bamboo sword with me so I don't really need this. I want to give it to Yuuki but it's a bit heavy for her. Then Jack ask for the sword so I gave it to him. James seems to be interested as well but sorry my friend, first come first serve.

When we kept looking around, we notice the place where our campus location has turned into is actually incredible. We are on top of a mountain and is quite high up. It will take at least 3 hours just to descend from this mountain. On top of that, with this elevation, we will require to take break regardless how fast we can go down. We will need time for our body to adjust the oxygen level. Well if you are a mountain climber then it's fine but all of us have no experience. Actually, I know we need to take breaks but is it the same when we descend? I have no idea but if we are going down, we better be more careful so none of us get hurt. 

If we look ahead, it's an amazing sight in front of us; it’s a sea of greenery. I have never seen this many tree in my life, or rather a forest this big. All four of us are in awe when we see this view since it's almost time for sunset as well. Then, just when we are about to turn around and return to my room, a group of people pushed all of down the cliff. While I am falling, I think I saw Peter's face. That b*****d did something crazy to us. Well considering us running away before he came over to meet us, his action with his anger and chaos can be justified, just a bit.



© 2016 Eisho Shu


Author's Note

Eisho Shu
I want to know what kind of reviews people will give me first. The type of review I want the most right now is towards my writing style and ideas. Any reviews are welcome, I want to improve my writing.
Note: I am writing this as if it is a light novel so some names and terms may be confusing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. It's developed greatly.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Great second chapter. Nice cliffhanger as well. I liked it a lot. You had some misspellings but some editing will fix that. You really captured my attention and left me wanting more. Good job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very good. You misspelled beer though. lol. Anyways, Great job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eisho Shu

8 Years Ago

okay, that made me laugh at myself. How did I end up typing bear and not beer? Not sure what happene.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2016
Last Updated on April 16, 2016
Tags: sword, monster, forest, adventure, action


Author

Eisho Shu
Eisho Shu

Chicago, IL



About
I love games and anime. Then I pick up visual novel and eventually that got me into some Japanese light novel and Web novel. That is what brings me here to try and start my own story. My pen name is a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..