Chapter 6 - Depart From Great Qua Forest

Chapter 6 - Depart From Great Qua Forest

A Chapter by Eisho Shu
"

Chapter 6 of Ascension of Dimension Legend

"

It is very early in the morning. I wanted to wake up early but not before the sun. Well, if I go back to sleep, I think I will end up not waking up for another two hours. I walk away from the camp to practice Iron Edge a little more, but someone is there. When I get closer, it is Yuuki practice her magic. She is hitting the tree not with her water bomb, but some kind of water jet. 

 

Me: "Good morning Yuuki."

 

Yuuki: "Oh good morning. Why are you up so early?"

 

Me: "I wanted to pratice Iron Edge a little more but... Am I bothering you?"

 

Yuuki: "Don't worry about me; I'm doing a little practice too. But what is Iron Edge?"

 

Me: "It is the wind attack created from a sword slash. I'm not sure how it works but I just have to focus and perform the attack."

 

Yuuki: "I guess is the same with Water Edge. Oh, Water Edge is a sharp cutting water attack."

 

Me: "Yeah I saw it earlier."

 

After saying it, I look at the tree she hit. Wow, she cut into the tree pretty deep. If she is able to cut into the tree just by another inch, I think the tree will fall over. My Iron Edge can cut tree but I can't really cut into the tree like Yuuki did.

 

Me: "This is... Is your Water Edge at level 2 or something?"

 

She nod

 

Yuuki: "Yeah, I leveled up just a while ago."

 

Me: "Oh..."

 

After my short respond, I start practicing my Iron Edge on the other side. Though I can't do it for too long, each use of Iron Edge will reduce my stamina by 2 points. My stamina will recover by 1 point every minute while being active. That recovery is shortened by half if I am resting but that means I can only use Iron Edge continuously about 18 times. Then I will need to rest for around 17 minutes until I recover all my stamina.

......

...

Okay, I manage to grasp a bit of Iron Edge technique. Yuuki's Water Edge is still at level two but my Iron Edge manage to reach level three. I can't cut down a tree yet but I can cut into the tree and chip off parts of it in one attack. I guess this is a pretty big improvement within two hours. Also, because of this practice, my Combat Power has become 238 when I check. 

 

Wait a minute; I thought I was 176 before I learn Iron Edge. Apparently, my base dexterity went up by 1. I guess is reasonable since that stat is basically how well you are able to control your technique and coordination. If just by trying to aim and train my Iron Edge can increase my stat, doesn't that mean daily activity is will increase all our stats? I may be wrong but everyone in the world can become strong if this is the case.

 

I and Yuuki go back to the camp after we rest up. It looks they panic a little since both of us disappear from the tent when they woke up.

 

Jack: "Oh my god, where did you two go?"

 

Kir: "Please don't disappear without saying anything."

 

Me: "Sorry, we were just over there for a bit"

 

I point towards the area we came back from.

 

Dirk: "What in the world are you two doing over there? There shouldn't by anything interesting there."

 

Yuuki: "Don't worry about it; what we did is a little secret between us."

 

Then Yuuki give me a devilish smile and wink at me. Just how am I supposed to react to that?

 

Me: "Ehhh... yeah..."

 

Jack: "Ahhh if that is the case, I wish I was the one who change into a girl!"

 

Me: "OH SHUT UP!! Nothing like that happened!"

 

I can't believe what went through this guy's mind but that DEFINITELY did not happen. Really, sometime I just want this guy to die off somewhere but that is just a mean thing to say. I can only think and just wish something bad will happen to him.

 

Julien: "Alright we should pack up and leave. If we don't start moving soon, we will have to camp out in the desert."

 

Me: "The desert? We are walking through a desert?"

 

Julien: "Yeah, got a problem with that? You better start moving those hands like your friends there."

 

When I look around; Jack, James, and Yuuki have already started helping out.

 

Me: "Alright."

 

When I am helping them packing things up, apparently the tent can be stored inside a small box. All we have to do is assemble or disassemble when we need to use or put it away. I guess that is some kind of magic box.

 

When we are almost done, Dirk come over and whisper to me.

 

Dirk: "Sorry about Julien, her morning are always like that."

 

Me: "Don't worry; I'm not bothered by it."

 

Julien: "What are you two whispering over there? Dirk, you better not cheat on me down."

 

After Julien said that, Dirk rush over to Julien and trying to calm her anger.

......

...

After we pack up everything and made our preparation, we start moving. After two hours, we are almost out of the forest. Apparently our position is near the end of this forest. Dirk says this forest is call the Great Qua Forest.

 

This forest is about 150 miles in diameter. Also, the deeper it is, the chance of finding stronger monster go up. The distance we walked is around 8 miles at most, we are really lucky that we are near the edge.

 

Oh god, the desert heat is real. We have only entered the desert for about 30 minutes and this heat already become unbearable.

 

Kir: "You guys alright?"

 

Why does this guy not affected by this heat? Actually Dirk and Julien is doing fine as well. I thought the world traveler title will allow us to bear this heat with the constitution bonus but I guess not. 

 

Jack: "Ahhhhh!"

 

I look over and Jack step into a quicksand. I can't believe my wish would be granted this fast, I am so happy... NOT! Before I am able to ask Kir and others to help, Kir jump into the quicksand and grab Jack. When he grabs him, Dirk starts to pull a rope. When did Kir have a rope on his waist? How did they act so fast? I want to ask them but instead, I should help first.

......

...

After about 5 minutes of struggle, we finally save him.

 

Jack: "I thought I was going to die there... ha..."

 

He sigh in relieve while all of us are exhausted. Jack keeps struggling while Kir is trying to hold him. He ends up falling back into the quicksand 3 times.

 

Me: "If you didn't struggle so much, we could have pull you out right away you know."

 

Jack: "But that is really scary, how can one not be scared of quicksand!"

 

Me, Yuuki, and James all look at Kir who jumped in to save him.

 

Kir: "Is quicksand something you should be scared of? As long as you are not by yourself, quicksand is really easy to deal with unless everyone falls into it."

 

Dirk and Julien nod along his explanation. I guess they learn about quicksand or that is just common knowledge in this world. I think we will have a lot to learn about this world if we want to survive. Though do realize one thing, Jack might be the most useless person in our group. For now, all we can do is keep going.

......

...

After an hour of walk, Yuuki and Jack are exhausted. I am too but I can still keep going while James looks like he is doing just fine like Kir and others.

 

Me: "Should we take a break? These two can't keep going anymore. These two have started showing signs of sunstroke."

 

Dirk: "Already? We are not even half way through this desert yet."

 

Julien: "They are not trained at all; it’s amazing they are able to keep up with our pace."

 

Kir: "Right, but there is no shelter nearby."

 

Dirk: "In that case, Ha!"

 

Dirk strike the ground with his fist and a sign or we should say, magic circle of a kind show up. The sand starts to deform into small cave and once that is done, the sign start to fade away.

 

DirK: "That should do the trick, it will be a bit chilly in there but it should help them out."

 

James: "How did you do that?"

 

Dirk: "I can do a little bit of magic. Though it is mostly only earth type magic. If you are interested in magic, ask Julien."

 

James: "Well, I am just interested in that thing you did. Can you teach me that?"

 

Dirk: "Alright, I don't mind but only this one time alright?"

 

James: "Alright!"

 

After they walk off, we move Yuuki and Jack into the cave.

 

Julien: "That should cool them down. Though that Dirk, teaching magic such as simple earth manipulation should only take a few hours. Most people can discover how to do it in a few days if they have any talent."

 

Me: "Really? Wait, does that make Yuuki a genius in magic?"

 

Julien: "Yeah, for someone who can figure out how to use any magic in a day... No doubt she got a lot of talent."

 

Me: "Should I try learning magic as well?"

 

Julien: "Why not? Knowing at least some magic is better than none. There are monsters that are only weak against magic too."

 

Me: "Then how about that fire magic you used? Is that something easy to learn?"

 

Julien: "Ignite? That spell is only grade D but without Mana Manipulation, it is really hard. If you want, I can teach you that instead."

 

Me: "Sure, it sounds like it will be useful too."

 

Julien smiles then tell me to follow her and I did. We didn't go too far and we can see Dirk and James on the other side of the cave. 

 

Julien: "we got a lot of time since it may take the whole day for those two to recover."

 

When I am ready, we start my training for Mana Manipulation.

......

...

After about three hours, I manage to gain Level 1 Mana Manipulation.

 

Lv1 Mana Manipulation: You are able to gather small amount of mana and control the form. You must focus hard in order avoid unwanted event.

 

Julien: "Amazing, I was expecting you to take the whole day to learn. Instead, you only take three hours."

 

As she is saying that, I have a ball of mana in my hand. It looks like this ball if not controlled properly or trying to put more mana into the ball than I can control will cause it to explode. It may be similar to Yuuki's Water Bomb.

 

While Julien is not looking, I throw the Mana Ball. This ball I made is slightly larger with more mana in it. When it reaches a good distance, I try to compress it as much as possible. Boom! It went as I expected, it explode and I think that scared everyone.

 

Julien: "What happen?"

 

Me: "Sorry, I just throw the ball and try to compress it."

 

Julien: "So you even learned how to use Mana Bomb."

 

I check my stats and yep, it’s there. 

 

Lv1 Mana Bomb: Ability to create a ball of mana and cause it to explode for a small amount of damage within tiny range.

 

After I shot a few more Mana Bomb, I can't continue anymore. Mana Manipulation itself only consume 1 stamina every 45 seconds or so but each Mana Bomb cost me 10 points! It only takes me about 6 seconds to to create and throw the Mana Bomb. 

 

Julien explained to me saying that is because of the mana concentration in this area is thin. In these areas, more stamina will be used in order to compensate the lack of mana. It also seems like it is possible to create the bomb faster but even more stamina will be used.

 

Afterward, we went back to the cave. James and Dirk is also back but they are screaming at each other while Kir is trying to stop them.

 

Dirk: "I don't know what is wrong with you still. I explained to you over 100 times already, literally."

 

James: "You just keep saying nonsense. What does make the sand obey and mold it with my mind mean? The sand is not alive and how am I supposed to mold sand?"

......

...

This argument continues for a while until me, Julien, and Kir finally cannot take it anymore and knock both of them out cold. We try to shut both of them up but it will just restart after a few minutes. We decide to camp out here in the desert since traveling at night in the desert is not recommended at all. Though this should be common knowledge but James didn't know that somehow.



© 2016 Eisho Shu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was great. Again I think you are creating some wonderful writer and I want you to keep it up.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 8, 2016
Last Updated on April 16, 2016
Tags: anime, Japanese, magic, sword, fantasy, adventure, action, desert


Author

Eisho Shu
Eisho Shu

Chicago, IL



About
I love games and anime. Then I pick up visual novel and eventually that got me into some Japanese light novel and Web novel. That is what brings me here to try and start my own story. My pen name is a.. more..

Writing