Chapter 10 - Transfer Challenge Part 2

Chapter 10 - Transfer Challenge Part 2

A Chapter by Eisho Shu
"

Chapter ten of Ascension of Dimension Legend

"

By the time I finish changing and enter the sparing ground, Germ is already there. Though something did surprise me; the crowd right now is huge. On top of that, more and more people are showing up. I didn’t think this will become such a big deal. Well, I try not to think about it and walk towards the center.

 

When I get there, the one over watch this match is Marin. I heard she rarely over watch match but I guess this is another reason why the crowd is this big. Marin looks at me and gives me a smile as if she expected this to happen.

 

Marin: “You are 5 minutes late!”

 

Me: “Sorry, someone stopped me before I could change.”

 

Germ: “Are you sure you weren’t just scared? If you apologize right now, we can still call this duel off.”

 

Me: “No need.”

 

Marin: “Alright, the duel intention has been verified from both sides. Now, since Germ is the one making the challenge, Miss Naomi will be choosing the type of duel.”

 

If I remember correctly, there are 4 types of duels. Type A duel is with first blood rule. The first one who bled loses the match. There is no limit to anything as long as you don’t kill target. Type B duel is with knock out rule. Type B will have a battle arena set up and the knock out is either ring out or become unconscious. There is no killing in type B as well. Type C is with targeting rule. Targeting rule basically will mark 3 places on your body and you lose if all 3 spot are hit by an attack. Causing any major injury will cause the duel to be nulled. Type D is the least popular one, death duel. I don’t think anyone will need explanation for it.

 

Me: “Type B.”

 

Germ: “Are you sure? I thought you were going to call type C duel.”

 

Me: “Type C sounds boring to me. Type A is no fun and it doesn’t measure one’s power. Also, I don’t feel like killing or getting killed right now.”

 

Marin: “Alright, both sides please get ready.”

 

Both Germ and I look at each other and nod in respond. I suddenly feel nervous now I take a closer look at Germ. I mention him being big but he might over 6’8” while weight around 230lb, a really big and strong looking man. If I compare it to James, this guy is a taller version of him with little more muscle. What is making me nervous is actually the heavy armor he is wearing. The armor just made him look even bigger and scarier with a claymore... or some kind of two-handed weapon. He is basically a full plated armored knight without a full helm. A helm can hinder your vision; I guess that is why he doesn’t wear it. Well, the fight is about to start, I need to focus on this duel.

 

Marin: “Ready? Duel… Start!”

 

As soon as the duel starts, I charge into Germ heads on. Germ is wearing really heavy armor with a two-handed sword; I should have the speed advantage. I went in for the attack at his thigh.

 

Klink…

 

A metal sound echo a little. Germ manages to block the attack with his arm guard. I am surprised at how hard that armor is but what really surprises me is his reaction time. He was able block my attack just fine.

 

Germ: “Whoa there, you are fast for sure. I almost didn’t see that attack.”

 

He then swings his arm back at me while my sword is still on his arm guard. Of course, I was pushed back. Afterward, he attacks me with his sword in only one hand. I thought that was a two handed weapon! Or is it because of his raw strength that allows him to wield that with single hand. I am ready to receive the blow but something inside me screams danger. At the last moment, I jumped to the side to dodge his attack as he shouts out the skill name.

 

Germ: “Bone Breaker!”

 

The attack created a dust cloud in the area. When I look at where it hit, there is a small hole on the ground. I don’t want to imagine what will happen if I were to receive a direct hit from that.

 

Me: “What strength…”

 

Germ: “So you actually decide to dodge. Most people just try to block that attack.”

 

Me: “Something tells me that was a bad idea.”

 

Germ: “Hahaha. So what are you going to do? Your sword can hurt me.”

 

I start gathering mana and create Mana Bomb in my left hand. If my normal attack cannot do anything to him, I doubt Iron Edge can do much either.

 

Germ: “What is this? You are using magic now?”

 

Me: “Does it matter?”

 

Germ: “Low level magic can’t really hurt me either you know. Also, you are open while doing that!”

 

He then attack me once again but they are just normal swings. I just keep evading his attack while charging up my Mana Bomb. I plan on shoving this bomb and detonate at zero range with more mana than usual. But just as I finish gathering enough mana, I had to receive a hit from Germ. It didn’t hurt me but my sword got damaged. This sword will probably break is I receive another attack from him.

 

Germ: “I don’t know what you are trying to do but I think this is it.”

 

Me: “I can’t agree more. Iron Edge!”

 

I am using a similar trick I did on Marin during my test but I’m switching the orders a little.

 

Germ: “That won’t work!”

 

Germ blocks my Iron Edge with the flat surface of his sword but I already close into him. I tried to attack him from above. We are not allowed to deliver lethal attack so I aim at his shoulder.

 

Germ: “Nice try!”

 

Me: “Sorry big guy, this is it!”

 

I put the bomb on his chest and his facial expression changed immediately. As I am trying to pull myself away before I detonate, he grabs my hand with his free one. I guess my strategy will never go as I plan.

 

Germ: “Not so fast! I get what you are trying to do now but you can’t detonate this if you are this close.”

 

He is right; I might die from the explosion if I detonate like this. Germ will probably survive with his thick armor but not me. What should I do? There must be something I can do. I don’t know what Germ’s skill but I have quite a few that can let me control something to certain… degree…

 

Germ: “It’s over!”

 

As he swings down his sword at me, I figure out a solution. If I can control the explosion to only happen on his side; I can win without hurting myself. This is really risky but I decide to detonate with that control in mind.

……

God… My head is ringing. That explosion was bigger than I thought.

 

I stand up and notice my left hand hurts a bit. I guess I didn’t control it properly and still hurt myself. Although the injury isn’t very bad, I don’t think I will be able to hold anything with this hand for a while. But most importantly, what happen to Germ?

 

As the dust start to clear up, I can see him standing still.

 

Me: “Great…”

 

Marin: “Winner, Naomi Hajiura!”

 

Me: “Wait, what?”

 

As I was wondering, I look at Germ again. This guy passed out while standing! I don’t believe that is possible but he is doing it. I guess the explosion did knock him out cold after all.

 

Marin: “Due to the large placement difference with this battle result, Germ Trikrag will lose 25 points and Naomi Hajiura will gain 20 points. These huge points are due to Naomi receiving little to no injury while Germ loss from one attack. There is also armor class difference as well. Naomi is using the basic grade D light armor while Germ is using Grade B heavy armor. Thus cause this result, any question?”

 

No one speaks up. Even the one who tries to bribe me is not doing anything. I think most of us are surprised at the fact I win this duel like this. Also, I didn’t even know there are armor grades. I should go check out what are the differences between each grade later.

      

Marin: “Now, I will declare both participants’ total duel results. Germ Trikrag, 29 wins and 1 loss. Naomi Hajiura, 1 win and no loss. With that, this duel session is now over.”

 

As soon as Marin walks away from the sparing ground while carrying Germ, I fall onto the floor. Dia and others rush to my side and congratulate me but I can hardly hear what they are saying. I used up all my stamina and this pain in my hand is bothering me. I should get this treated soon.

 

Me: “Sorry everyone, I want to at least bandage my hand or something.”

 

El: “Don’t worry about it, I got this.”

 

He holds my hand then starts using healing magic. I can see my hand recovering really fast. In only a minute, my hand look like it was never hurt in anyway. I do however still feel the pain, weird.

 

El: “Your hand might still sting a little but it will go away soon.”

 

Me: “If you say so… Anyways, thanks.”

 

El: “I wouldn’t want to see your hand getting scabs all over. A lady should always have a smooth and clean hand.”

 

Me: “I don’t really care about that but can you let go of my hand now?”

 

El: “If you wish.”

 

He then kisses my hand before he let go. I didn’t expect him to do that and I don’t have any idea with how I should respond. If I get mad at him, it would be the same as I care about things like this. I’m not a girl at heart; I shouldn’t care about it at all but… If I just let it go, people might end up getting the wrong ideas. The moral sense of this world is not too far off from my old one after all.

 

Me: “That’s…”

 

El: “Sorry, does that bother you? Here, this is a token of my feeling.”

 

Gah, more flowers! He hand it to me and doesn’t even let me have a chance to refuse it.

 

Ristia: “When did you two get so close? Naomi, don’t fall for this guy’s disgusting charm.”

 

Dia: “But… They do look good together.”

 

Ristia: “That… I can’t deny.”

 

Wait wait wait! Are they trying to put me together with El? I should really be more careful of El from now on.

 

Me: “Well, I need to change out of this armor.”

 

Ristia: “Then let’s meet up at our usual spot.”

 

I know the location is extremely common but our spot is literally the roof top. I didn’t think the school roof top would be a hangout spot even in this world. Living in this city really makes me wonder if I am actually in another world. Well, I set off to our academy rooftop after I finish changing.

……

By the end of the day, we decide to have a party. I tried talking to Marin about the bribe before but all she need is the slip for the proof. She actually says I can keep the money since it was given to me. I decide to use that money to buy all our party needs. However, I only use about a third of it. I really need to thank this guy, whose name I don’t even know.



© 2016 Eisho Shu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on February 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 16, 2016
Tags: school, duel, action, fantasy


Author

Eisho Shu
Eisho Shu

Chicago, IL



About
I love games and anime. Then I pick up visual novel and eventually that got me into some Japanese light novel and Web novel. That is what brings me here to try and start my own story. My pen name is a.. more..

Writing