chapter 11 - The Surface and Dark Side of Lupher

chapter 11 - The Surface and Dark Side of Lupher

A Chapter by Eisho Shu
"

Chapter eleven of Ascension of Dimension Legend

"

During the party, our celebration was a lot of fun; I didn’t even feel the pain from my body. My duel with Germ actually gives me more injuries than I thought. Some are just simple scratch but I may have a fracture. I only notice this about the end of my celebration party. I head over to the infirmary in the early morning.

……

I’m in front of the infirmary. When I open the door, the room is actually huge. It can probable hold 30 patient at once. At a corner, there is a man in white robe looking at some documents.

 

Me: “Hello?”

 

Doctor?: “Hmm? What’s up?”

 

Me: “I had a duel yesterday and I think I broke a few bone.”

 

Doctor?: “Why didn’t you come see me yesterday then? Come here, let me take a look.”


Me: “Alright”

 

I walk over to the nearby sit and sits down then proceed to show him my injuries. But before I get to show him anything, he spoke up.

 

Doctor?: “Naaahhh. You only have a dislocated shoulder. You didn’t break any bone.”

 

Me: “What? But you didn’t even look.”

 

This guy literally did not even look at me. He was look at some document or sort the whole time.

 

Doctor?: “The way to move your arm and the pain on your face give me enough information to diagnose your injuries. You didn’t dislocate it that badly so you can just pop it right back in.”

 

Me: “Well, can you help me?”

 

Doctor?: “Sure.”

 

He walks over to my side and hold my arm.

 

Doctor?: “There is a new techniques I want to try anyways.”

 

Me: “What?”

Before I can protest, he pops my shoulder back in place. This hurt a lot but I think it did fix my shoulder.

 

Doctor?:  “I guess this techniques brings more pain than the last one. Hmmm, I think I know what to do now. By the way, I’m Sterak Demful.”

 

Me: “I’m Naomi Hajiura.”

 

Sterak: “Alright, now it let me patch you up a little. Let me apply some medication, but it’s still better not to use that arm for today.”

 

After everything is done, I begin walking to the door.

 

Me: “Thank you.”

 

Sterak: “…”

 

He ignored me and went back reading whatever was in his hand. I have never seen a doctor like him before. I know a few cold doctors but even they ask question and have basic manners. This guy has absolutely none.

……

After thinking about it, I walk to the back of the academy unconsciously. I heard there are buildings here but no classes I can take so I never come here. There is one run down building and another one that looks like it was built over an century ago without good maintenance.

 

Me: “What is this place?”

 

When I look around, there is a girl swinging her sword. One thing does bother me though; she has some kind of animal ear on top or her head. I didn’t know cosplay is a thing in this world too.

 

Me: “Hello, I’m Naomi Hajiura. I didn’t know there were classes available here as well.”

 

Girl: “…”

 

Why am I getting the silent treatment right now? Did I got myself into some kind of penalty game? This girl does not say anything even if I try to stalk to her again. All I can do is scratch my head and walk away. My next class is about to start anyways.

……

Me: “Sorry I’m late.”

 

Instructor: “Why are you here? You had a duel yesterday didn’t you?”

 

Me: “Yeah, but what do that have to do with anything?”

 

Instructor: “Oh right, you transferred in so you don’t know. When you have a duel, you are allowed to be excused the next day if you sustain any noticeable injury. Even if there is a test, you will not lose points for it.”

 

Me: “Oh okay, I didn’t know we can take a day off. Since that is the case, I will take my leave now.”

 

I walk away soon after I get there. No one told me I am allowed to skip class if I had a duel. I decide to walk around since the air in this world is really refreshing.

……

I happen to pass by the back area again. But this time, I cannot help but see a disturbing scene. Two students are beating up on that cosplay girl from earlier.

 

Me: “What are you guys doing?”

 

I said it as I am running over to them.

 

Man 1: “Oh, you are back. We are just trying to teach this girl some manner.”

 

Me: “What?”

 

Man 2: “Yeah, this poor b***h dares to ignore you when you greet her. We are just giving her a lesson!”

 

They answer my questions while still kicking the girl around.

 

Me: “Stop!”

 

Man 1: “Why? No one will care even if she dies.”

 

I glare at him when he said that. Even if that was meant to be a joke, I cannot take that one lightly.

 

Man 1: “Okay, we will stop. We just want to help you, the academy’s strongest first year student. We just want to do something for you.”

 

Me: “Alright, whatever the case, that is enough. Also, my placement only rose up to 18th place. I can’t be considered as the strongest.”

 

Man 2: “You are a humble one aren’t you? Defeating the Germ and yet, still do not claim the title of being the strongest.”

 

Man 1: “Oh crap! Our class is starting soon! Let’s go.”

 

Man 2: “It’s already that time? I can’t believe it.”

 

Me: “You guys go going and don’t cause any more trouble.”

 

Man 1: “Don’t worry, we never cause trouble.”

 

After they run off, I turn around and look at the girl’s injury. Even her animal is bleeding… Wait what? Those ears are real? I guess this really is a completely different world after all.

……

Me: “Good, it looks like you will be fine. Though they are horrible, I can’t believe someone would do that. Why didn’t you fight back? You probably have enough power to defeat those two, right?”

 

Girl:  “…”

 

Me: “Are you mute or something?  That attitude is starting to piss me off.”

 

Girl: “Do you not know my position?”

 

Me: “Your position? What are you talking about?”

 

Girl: “So you are not from this city. No wonder you would try to start a conversation with me.”

 

Me: “What? Is it because of your ear or something?”

 

Girl: “That is one reason, but there is another one. As you can see, I am a wolf demi human. On top of that, I am also an orphan. In this city, nothing is free. Us orphan will have to pay off the food, clothes, and lodging we have used when we reach 16. Some of us who have the potential to become a soldier are able to attend this academy. By doing so, our debts are forgiven if we manage to graduate and serve in a military for the rest of our life.”

 

I see now. Most of the student here are at least at middle class. Lower class people can hardly get the money to attend this academy. I don’t have to pay due to the fact I am a dimension traveller. It is one of the special privileges I have. I guess someone like her being bullied is the same even in this world.

 

Me: “I don’t care if you are a demi human or is an orphan. You need to speak up and fight back if you are being threatened. Anyways, you need to wash up. Go take a bath or something. Oh by the way, I am Naomi Hajiura.”

 

Girl: “I should probably bath and I’m Miyujioni Tianro Fo Koriepher.”

 

Me: “… What?”

 

Miyujioni: “Miyujioni is my given name. Tianro is a name for my family’s type. Fo indicate I am from middle class of my tribe. Koriepher is my family name. I shouldn’t use Fo in my name anymore but Is it that unusual?”

 

Me: “Yeah, I don’t know anyone with such a long name.”

 

Miyujioni: “Then Miyu is fine. Some of my friends call me that. Ah, found it.”

 

While we were talking, Miyu was walking to the back of the dorm. She then picks up a drum container. I didn’t know there is such thing in this world.

 

Me: “What are you doing with that? I thought you were going to take a bath.”

 

Miyu: “Yeah, I am. I’m going to fill this with water and then heat it up.”

 

Me: “Wait, you guys don’t have a bath house?”

 

Miyu: “People like me don’t deserve that kind of luxury. We are lucky to be able to use water for bath. Even at the church, we don’t get the chance to bath at all.”

 

Okay, what is going on? The place she stay at is the church. On top of being a orphan, they can’t bath, they have to pay off their debt, and they don’t even get even treatment. Just how twisted is this city? On the surface, everyone look happy and it is a nice clean city. But behind that, there are such dark secrets only the people who live here knows. There are probably more but I can’t watch her taking a bath with a drum.

 

Me: “Stop, come with me.”

 

I grab her arm and start pulling her to my dorm. When we are there, I took her to the bath house. There shouldn’t be anyone in there but…

 

Me: “If anyone try to do anything to you, just tell them I drag you here. People seem to respect me for some reason.”

 

Miyu: “Wait! I can’t po”

 

I immediately walk away and close the door on her. I didn’t let her protest since I know she will try to reject. I hope she will take a proper bath. Then again, I should probably bring her a new set of clothes. I am not used to bathing with women but maybe I should take one too. I didn’t get a chance to take a bath yesterday.

……

After I come back to the bath house, I hear people talking inside.

 

Miyu: “Wait! I’m sorry, I’ll leave…”

 

Woman: “Leaving or not is not the problem. You said Naomi told you to bath here? Who do you think you are?”

 

Miyu: “…”

 

Woman: “Why are you staying silent for?”

 

After I finished undressing, I enter the bath.

 

Me: “She is telling the truth. She got dirtied because of me, there is nothing wrong with me doing this right?”

 

Woman: “Ah… Well that’s…”

 

Me: “We are all student here anyways, can you just let it go?”

 

Woman: “Fine… but you! You got lucky this time.”

 

After saying the last word at Yuki, she left in hurry. Her facial expression were one for those who feel humiliated. I hope nothing bad will happen.

 

Me: “You alright?”

 

Miyu: “Yes… I’m sorry for causing you trouble.”

 

Me: “Don’t worry about it.”

 

Miyu then notice I am having trouble washing up due to my arm. It doesn’t hurt that much but every now and then, the pain still become a bit unbearable.

 

Miyu: “Uhmm… Do you need help? No, let me help you.”

 

Me: “Huh? Oh, sure. If that is what you want.”

 

I feel embarrassed but she look like she really want to pay me back with something. If I reject her offer, I might end up hurting her feeling. Wait a second, would I think this way if I am still a guy? I don’t know, I think my way of thinking have changed already. Damn, I would have an amazing harem if I didn’t turn into a girl. All I can do right now is sigh in disappointment.

……

Once that is done, we drop into the bath. It feels nice to dip into the bath. I usually have shower but a bath really feel much better. After a while, I start to wonder if those three are alright. Well, James should be alright since he can easily go into hard labor. He seems to enjoy his new body a lot. I am more worried about Jack. He might be getting little money here and there from that tomb he found, but I doubt that is enough. He didn’t have any plans at all either. I don’t think I will need to worry about Yuuki at all.

 

Miyu: “Fuu…”

 

Me: “Miyu, You alright?”

 

She fell asleep. The bath is nice and all but to actually fall asleep. Is not normal, I think. I guess she is really stressed out. I can’t blame her; anyone in her position would be super stressed out. If it were me, I might end up going crazy. I’ll let her rest a bit more before I wake her up. 



© 2016 Eisho Shu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
Added on March 2, 2016
Last Updated on April 16, 2016
Tags: school, comedy, fantasy, slice of life


Author

Eisho Shu
Eisho Shu

Chicago, IL



About
I love games and anime. Then I pick up visual novel and eventually that got me into some Japanese light novel and Web novel. That is what brings me here to try and start my own story. My pen name is a.. more..

Writing