Chapter 13 - The Day of Picking Up First Quest

Chapter 13 - The Day of Picking Up First Quest

A Chapter by Eisho Shu
"

Chapter 13 of Ascension of Dimension Legend

"

A few days have passed since Miyu became my slave. She had actually said some crazy stuff that day. The one thing she said seemed to echo through my mind,  “As a slave knight, I will fulfill my duty as a slave as well as a knight. I knew this is going to happen sooner or later, I just didn’t expect the ritual to be done while I was a sleep.” However, this is not the time to be bothered by that. Dia and I have decided to take on a quest and we just arrived at quest house too.

 

I check around to see if Jack or James is around but no luck. I guess the chances of us meeting each other are really low after all. We head over to the lady at the assistance counter to fill out documents since this is the first time both of us taking up quest. I expected Dia to have done one or two quests already but nope, she has no experience at all.

 

Assistance:  “Welcome to the Lupher Quest House, how may I help you?”

 

Dia: “We are here to fill out the first time documents. We are students from the academy.”

 

Assistance: “Understood, may I have both of your names please? Since you two are students, all I need to do is register the name and connect it to the academy’s database.”

 

Seriously, this world’s operation efficiency is too powerful. I wish sending out applications can be processed this fast. I doubt registering normally would take long either.

 

Dia: “I’m Dia Ademi.”

 

She tries to say her family name quietly but it seems like few people still heard her name. Is her family’s reputation really this bad? Well, looking at people’s reactions, it is very bad.

 

Assistance: “Done, due to your recent performance and background, it is possible to issue you a Class E Questing License with 1 full silver coin fees.”

 

Dia: “How about my friend here? Her name is Naomi Hajiura.”

 

Assistance: “Let’s see, Naomi Hajiura right?”

 

Me: “Yes.”

 

She shows a face of surprise soon after.

 

Assistance: “I can issue you a class D Questing License right away, free of fees too. I didn’t expect myself to be able to help an elite.”

 

She spoke in a loud voice; her excitement got the better of her. The people near us were gossiping about Dia, but it all stopped and shows the same face this lady was making when they hear I’m an Elite. The gossip towards Dia have immediately turns to me instead.

 

Dia: “In that case, I will get the class E license.”

 

She then turns to me.

 

Dia: “Sorry, I can only get up to Class E. I don’t think we can do quests together then.”

 

I tilt my head a little and wonder what she mean.

 

Me: “Eh? Hmm…. Does that mean Class D can only take Class D quests?”

 

Dia: “No no no, you can take any class below your license.”

 

Me: “Then there is no problem, I have never done a quest before so starting with something easier will be nice.”

 

Dia: “Okay, then I will work on to get myself a Class D license as soon as possible.”

 

Me: “By the way, what kind of quests can each class take?”

 

Assistance: “I can answer that for you in detail. The classes range from F to S. A Class F quests are mostly about helping out activities inside the city while involves absolutely no danger. The Class E quests similar, but they may post little danger and some quests can reach out of the city. Some good examples of these quests are normal escort and rural area delivery.”

 

Me: “So class F and E are basically quests that shouldn’t have anything that can endanger one’s life.”

 

Assistance: “Correct, however this change at Class C. A Class C will have quests like monster extermination but only monsters up to rank D. The rest are essentially the same until class S. People with Class S questing license are able to take any quest, but the number of S class licenses is limited to 1000. If someone is qualified and wishes to obtain S class license, there is only two ways: Either by defeating a class S holder or wait until there is an available spot.”

 

Me: “I see, I guess who ever holds class S license is insanely strong.”

 

Miyu: “No, you can obtain class S right by having a lot of accumulated quest points as well as high success rate.”

 

Miyu suddenly popped out from nowhere. She stands between me and Dia. Miyu is wearing her armor and yet, I didn’t even notice her walking up close.

 

Me: “Don’t scare me like that, but is that true?”

 

Assistance: “Yes, your slave knight knows quite a bit. Also here, the licenses are done.”

 

The lady hand us our license and we thanks her. The three of us proceed to the quest board. However, a lot of people have their eyes on us. Don’t they realize staring at three girls is just horrible? Well I shouldn’t be saying this but I feel disappointed that none of the men are looking at us with lecherous eyes. I am actually starting to think this female version of me is really cute. I guess the three of us just stands out in a bad way. I guess we should just pick a quest and get out of here.

 

Me: “What kind of quest do you want? There is actually quite a few.”

 

Dia: “Something that will give us decent amount of money.”

 

Me: “Wait, are you short on money? I thought you still have quite a bit few days ago.”

 

Dia: “That is a secret.”

 

Miyu: “She got this for me.”

 

Miyu shows me her sword. The sword she was using before was a normal one. This one however, had a design that fits her armor. I had actually thought about getting her a better weapon since the only thing in her equipment that is decent is her armor.

 

Me: “And here I thought I should get you a weapon with the money we get from the quest. How much is that sword?”

 

Dia: “It’s not that much. I only had enough for a decent sword too.”

 

Miyu: “It’s 2 gold silver. It is a sword that was in a display case.”

 

I don’t even know what to say. Two gold silver is a lot of money.

 

Me: “Why?”

 

Dia: “Well I… I thought maybe Miyu would like to have something nice. You don’t seem to give her anything as a reward so…”

 

Me: “Wait a second, reward for what?”

 

Dia: “Miyu follow you all the time, looking after one’s master constantly is not easy.”

 

Right, ever since the way Miyu became my salve, she follows me everywhere. I try telling her to leave me alone for a few hours but she says it is her duty. She follows me around at least 10 hours a day. I feel embarrassed every time she calls me master. So I decided to ignore her unless I need something from her. Who knew that would escalate into Dia giving her a new sword as a reward. Whatever the case, it just doesn’t make sense.

 

Me: “I will pay you back. Although I am a little jealous her sword is probably better than mine now.”

 

Miyu quickly sheaths her sword and hold it up as if she is offering it to me.

 

Miyu: “I’m sorry; I didn’t realize this sword might be better than yours.”

 

Me: “Nah, don’t worry. Your sword skill might be better than mine. We never fought before but since I practice both sword and magic, you will win in a sword only match. It is better for you to use a weapon that can match your skill.”

 

Dia: “Is that so? I don’t think that is how it works.”

 

Me: “Well a swordsman’s sword hasto be good right? If the sword is bad and breaks in a fight, that becomes a fatal weakness. As for me, I would still have magic to work with. I don’t think my logic is weird, right?”

 

Miyu: “It is weird.”

 

Dia nods in response. Am I really weird? I think it is the most logical thing to do.

 

Dia: “Normally the slave will get inferior weapon and armor. If the slave has better equipment, normally the master will just take it away.”

 

Miyu: “Yes, and it is also possible for a slave to be used as a source of income.”

 

Me: “What?”

 

A few ideas come to mind but I don’t want to go there. They mean to work normally and earn salary right? I hope I’m right on this one.

 

Miyu: “A female slave such as myself can be used as sex slave and put into prostitution. There are noble that will pay a large sum of money just to have sex with good looking slaves.”

 

I let out a huge sigh in respond. I didn’t want that to be the case, yet it is exactly the case. I hate it when my first thoughts are spot on in these situations. Why couldn’t I think this well when the stupid slave ritual was happening right in front of me? I spat out another sigh soon after.

 

Me: “Anyways, let’s just hurry up and pick a quest.”

 

Miyu: “How about this one?”

 

She points at an escort quest.

 

Me: “Let’s see. I need someone to help me get to Kenshrin Village. I am carrying medicine for the illness that is passing around in that village. This medicine is quite expensive and I cannot effort to lose them by bandits and such.”

 

The content is simple. Help me get to this place and I will pay you. Then I look at the payment.

 

------------------------------

Payment

1 gold silver per person. Maximum 3 personnel.

-----------------------------

 

Me: “That is quite a bit of money.”

 

Dia: “That is because Kenshin Village is almost two days away from here. It didn’t say this quest include lodging so we will have to pay those ourselves.”

 

Me: “I see, we have to supply ourselves and that is why the payment is one gold silver.”

 

Miyu: “Some people can make insane demands and cause the requester a lot more money than this amount. It is possible to make that person pay for equipment repairs and potions they could possibly need. Just by those two alone, it can easily use up 1 gold silver along with minimum payment the requester needs to pay.”

 

Me: “Ouch that would really hurt. So I guess these kinds of payment have higher minimum pay but the requester doesn’t need to bother with those expenses.”

 

Dia: “Yeah, however because of this, not many people are willing to take it. Most adventurers are greedy after all.”

 

Miyu: “Yeah, it is sad when you think about it.”

 

I nod in agreement. People shouldn’t be blinded by greed. Such acts will come back and bite them in the back later.

 

Me: “Then let’s do this one?”

 

Dia: “Sure, the pay is pretty good too.”

 

We take down the quest paper and give it to the assistance lady.

 

Assistance: “I have received and verified the class of you two. I will contact the client to come tomorrow morning. Please be ready by then.”

 

Me: “Wait, how about Miyu? That should be three of us.”

 

Miyu: “I’m your possession. I may be count as personnel but I’m still yours. As long as you are allowed to do the quest, you can take me along.”

 

Me: “Is that how it works?”

 

The lady nods and gives me a smile.

 

Assistance: “Yes, that is why a lot of people wish to own a slave. They are very useful after all.”

 

Me: “Right…”

 

After I turn around, I sigh once more. I just can’t comprehend the moral of this place. Are slaves really that good? I can’t deny the possibility that the teaching back in my world may have hid some fact about slavery being effective but… I don’t think the positive results can outweigh the negative.

 

Me: “I guess we will just have to wait until tomorrow. Let’s head back and rest up.”

 

Dia: “I’m going to buy some potions first, you two go on.”

 

Me: “The academy gives us basic supplies when we go questing with class E or above right? Do you really need more?”

 

Dia: “I just want to make sure we have enough.”

 

I guess it is better to be extra prepared than be sorry when something bad actually happens.

 

Me: “Alright let me go with you then. I should probably buy some too.”

 

When we enter the shop, there is a guy at the counter. However this guy is dresses in a fashion that can burn my eyes.  He is a big tanned man wearing a pink sailor outfit. I try not to look at him and just look at the potions we can use. There is all kind of potions in this shop. Even potions that can buff one’s stats are available.

 

In the end, we each got three small health potion and one small stamina potion. The price of each small health potion is one silver and the small stamina potion is twelve copper. I’m not sure why stamina potion is more expensive but running out of stamina can be a larger problem than low on health. By the way, small health potion can recover 80 points and stamina can recover 30 points.

 

Me: “This is too much like a game…”

 

I mumbled but Dia and Miyu seem to hear it.

 

Dia: “Game?”

 

Miyu: “You say some weird stuff.”

 

Me: “No it’s nothing, let’s go back and rest up.”

 

Both of them nod and we head back to the academy. We make sure our equipment is in good condition and then head to bed early.



© 2016 Eisho Shu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great piece keep it up.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great job here Eisho Shu. I love where this is headed.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Eisho Shu

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reading all the chapters so far. I'm actually enjoying writing this story a lot. I hope I.. read more
Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

So far you have. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 16, 2016
Tags: comedy, school, slave, quest


Author

Eisho Shu
Eisho Shu

Chicago, IL



About
I love games and anime. Then I pick up visual novel and eventually that got me into some Japanese light novel and Web novel. That is what brings me here to try and start my own story. My pen name is a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Goddess The Goddess

A Story by Aurafiex