The Burning Rain

The Burning Rain

A Story by Nic Caldwell
"

The thought and understanding of what love is and what love isn't as two characters experience their last moments together in this romantic essay that will leave you wondering what happens next.

"

Her tear fell deteriorating into ash just before collapsing onto the warmth of the blood stained ground. Her skin in the palm of his had as he wiped away the unwanted sorrows. To forget of the pain and to forget of all the world, and to just love.

She bared her head into the shadows of denial. Her love was pure, but it was not real. The rain from the skies fell down to their skin as he held her close to his warm body. She longed for his love, but this is not what she had dreamed of. This was not the happiness she had hoped for.

He held here, there, in his arms. As the rain shattered into the darkness of the red blood seeking throughout his hands as he held her. He pulled her closer to feel her heart beat against his. The spread from the warmth of their bodies into the coldness of the wet ground.

Her body began to slowly draw cold as he kissed her. The world of his began to fade into a cold gray. She turned to him, his hand wiping her tears away into the burning rain. Their lips met, and with the last bit of life in her eyes, she spoke, "I Love You".

He held her body as she began to drift away from him. He held her close, trying to warm her body with the life of his. He screamed at the world, for yet, he never knew she loved him.  

© 2013 Nic Caldwell


Author's Note

Nic Caldwell
This was an Essay given to me by my English teacher. The Essay was over An Element of "Surprise". She rated it a 3/4. Please give me your thoughts and opinions and what your rate is. Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nic Caldwell

11 Years Ago

Thank You :)
Winchester Saltgunner

11 Years Ago

welcome hun
A very good write, very saddening, very moving. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nic Caldwell

11 Years Ago

Wow, thank you.
"Her love was pure, but it was not real."

Wow... this is something.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nic Caldwell

11 Years Ago

Thank you. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

477 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 7, 2013
Last Updated on March 7, 2013
Tags: love, death, hate, sorrow, pain, longing, want, thought, the end of times, end of the world, 2012, doomsday, the wall, the burning rain, together, romance, man, woman, in love, separation, compassiona

Author

Nic Caldwell
Nic Caldwell

Eustace , TX



About
Music. Drums. Photography. I am a writer. I am a filmmaker. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..