In A Year

In A Year

A Story by chloe cruz
"

A flashback over a situation; another year.

"


It goes by in a second but, to you it’s a year. A year of memories, both painful and amazing. One full of feelings- love, betrayal and perhaps a taste of spite; hatred. It’s the year you believe you’ll never forget and you’re correct. You won’t. It changed your life too much for that, affected you in ways you never could have imagined.
    Yet, she ends that in a few words. In a single moment, your life morphs from the most beloved yellow and white to the darkest midnight blue. The firm ground turns to glass beneath you, shatters from the weight of the world you carry around inside of you. At last, you’re falling… through dark grey storm clouds, strikes of lightning being released from their holds. They puncture your heart but, not your skin. It’s the realization that she’s gone.
    That everything has ended.

© 2011 chloe cruz


Author's Note

chloe cruz
A thought, waiting to bloom.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great imagery! I can totally imagine how this person is feeling... :D And I see what you mean about it puncturing the heart but not the skin, because it does feel like you just got hit in the stomach with a cannonball when someone ends a relationship... And when you realize you're never going to see someone again. But a lightning bolt is a much more poetic way to describe it than a cannonball, I suppose. :) I really enjoyed reading this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That was so good. I loved it probably because it relates so much to the school year that just ended. You're an amazing writer you have an amazing talent.

Posted 13 Years Ago


crazy good!! so intense!! but soo true. 365 days go by soo fast and so many things happen that change a persons life!!
great job!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Whoa. So intense. Many things can happen over a year. You've perfectly jotted down the feeling after the one u love the most leaves you. Everything appears to be getting down on you, it feels as if u can't be happy again. The world shatters into a million pieces and you feel so helpless.
That's what I've perceived from this story. Its a great write, you put down feelings in the most beautiful words making the picture in the reader's mind crystal clear.
Keep it up. You're amazing! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


well done. (: you let your feelings flow. nice. ^-^

Posted 13 Years Ago


Absolutely gorgeous, but I think you should've made it longer. The emotions are obviously raw, and you can see it in the writing, which is great. Awesome job!! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 9, 2010
Last Updated on October 22, 2011
Tags: year, heartbreak, love, losing, ending, gone

Author

chloe cruz
chloe cruz

Portland, OR



About
i'm a really ordinary person, besides a few quirks. talk to me or whatever; i dig ravioli, cult films, errthang stephen king, neat glasses, and people. lez talk. c: more..

Writing
aching aching

A Poem by chloe cruz