for god so loved...

for god so loved...

A Poem by Eshe' Allen

kierkegaard's chief praise of abraham

"great in that love which is

hatred for self"

the foundation of

nietzsche's critique

 

internal elitism

perpetrated by the third

against the first and second

 

ego's narcissistic

implosion

the self against

the whole

percieved programmed demise

 

delusion-inspired anxiety

the basis

of kierkegaard's faith

 

first circuit's reaction

revealed

dissected and defeated

third's falacy and overconfidence exposed

by nietzsche's fifth

 

comfort is found in

the higher circuits

overshadowed by awareness

of the increasing shortage of

the fittest

 

tempered slightly

by hope in

the sixth

 

slightly

© 2009 Eshe' Allen


Author's Note

Eshe' Allen
any comments would be greatly appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

anytime an authors footnotes are MUCH longer than the actual poem, that means something is askew...I know - I've done it lol the poem itself is WAAAY too gnostic - the explanation I found much more fruitful, but less tasty, if that makes any sense. Anyhow, I have a poem on Kierkegaard, if u want to exact vengence lol maybe more aphorism ala N.? or allegories ala K.?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

anytime an authors footnotes are MUCH longer than the actual poem, that means something is askew...I know - I've done it lol the poem itself is WAAAY too gnostic - the explanation I found much more fruitful, but less tasty, if that makes any sense. Anyhow, I have a poem on Kierkegaard, if u want to exact vengence lol maybe more aphorism ala N.? or allegories ala K.?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awesome. tovli

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To put philosophical concepts into poetry(especilally Kierkegaard's and Nietzsche's-to very happy fellows:))) is a delicate undertaking indeed. It requires - a nimble and intelligent mind as well as a creative one . It seems you posses these in abundance. I found this quite illuminating and even witty. The ending showed a fine sense of humor. You are indeed a talented writer and with brains no less:)- enjoyed this ..


my warmest
bob

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

not sure about this one, however god loves us all n it's thru faith alone we will return to him.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is a wilson-influenced, nietzsche-inspired critique of kierkegaard using the 8 levels of consciousness model as a framework. i learned of the model through wilson's prometheus rising. nietzsche used the same model in zarathustra. his "overman" is the product of the metamorphosis from 3rd to 5th circuit reasoning. i placed kierkegaard's beliefs into the model and there was tension between the circuits. that tension actually drives his beliefs. nietzsche exposes said tensions through deconstruction and then uses them to reject the beliefs founded upon them (he's at his most comprehensively succinct in antichrist).

basically nietzsche's main critique of christianity is its self-loathing nature. anything the flesh (primitive circuits 1 & 2) desires is inherently wrong. the conscious mind (3, first "reasoning" circuit) is the highest authority. god is a creation of the conscious mind so said mind's salvation is predicated upon destroying all that makes it impure (1 & 2 circuits). as the idea is so fundamental to most religious philosophy, we have come to believe (or been lead to believe by our overconfident/narcissistic 3rd) that it is intuitive. by placing us above the construct and in view of the dawn of the overman nietzsche was able to expose this tension between the circuits and argue the fundamental fallacies of the construct.

in exposing said tension he revealed the shroud in which it was hidden. the "innate" craving for group worship/belief/confirmation is a function of the fear created by this self-loathing. our first circuit fight-or-flight response has been misguided because of our firmly-held belief in salvation through self-loathing. therefore, instead of rejecting the belief itself and looking for one that conforms to the needs of our whole self (fight), we turn to religion for comfort and affirmation (flight). religion is basically a product of our 2nd circuit need for social structure. by telling us who, why, and where we are in the grand scheme, it relieves the anxiety caused by this circuit tension.

by focusing on the overman, the first transformative circuit, nietzche was able to propose a solution to the anxiety that was not based on fight-or-flight but growth. our salvation is not in furthering the current construct, it is in transformation. recognizing our primitive circuits (1, 2, and 3rd) and having the ability not just to control them, but to understand their needs and harmonize them.

i think the shortage of the fittest is self-explanatory. it deals with nietzsche's concern about the ability of our current population to consciously breed/cultivate towards our higher selves.


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2009

Author

Eshe' Allen
Eshe' Allen

North Lauderdale, FL



About
been a minute. glad to be here. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..