mute flute

mute flute

A Poem by poddar kushal

Mute flute

 

Welcome. Please have a drink on the porch,

Welcome, dear evening.

Beg your pardon for slurred voice.

Pardon the gathers of moist

On my black eyes.

 

The flickering darkness of the forest,

Mutely lifts its face towards a deathly moon.

“Soon! Wait shall be over soon!”

Cries a nocturnal bird’s flight

Hands slightly tremble.

A few drop of spirit fall on old lap.

Pardon the old chap, sir.

He has lost a part of spirit from his being.

Let us three, listen to the

Mute flute of the end of the world.

 

 

© 2008 poddar kushal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The end of a day, the end of a life? Whichever the reader decides to enjoy, you have made it possible with this work. The end of time? If it could be that way I dare say we would all sit on our porches, patios or beachside seats and gladly welcome it with you description on our tongues!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm reading back in time rather than forward so the tone is vastly different each time. I like this its almost a little mysterious, like the man might be drinking with the shadows of yesterday and the dawns of tomorrow in the same time frame making for a nervous moment indeed even in private. it's heavily loaded with possibility and so short at the same time, I like that.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Irreverent; i liked the tone of the voice of the poem and the overall style like a good host leading his/her guest through a gentile, yet character packed, dinner party. Vivid imagery and a great piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Very beautiful piece.
Very nice image being described here.
I loved it.
Keep up your great work!
^_^

Posted 16 Years Ago


Another beautiful poem, great job

Posted 16 Years Ago


ack! The end is near, I fear it so. What a lovely way to go...on a porch swing in the dark, watch as the stars lose their spark. Love this piece, it's so engaging. Excellently penned.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I had so many images in my head as I read this, from a beautiful forest to an old man sitting on his porch looking out into the woods. Great job with imagery which is truly a gift.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is so good ,no joke.you have described such an image ,the comfort of the usual and the unused need for more.you are good my friend!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Quite the visual I received while reading this. An almost tranquil place I went to. Nice piece

Posted 16 Years Ago


very graceful and unique in structure...the words are well used! Great Write! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


love the images you conjured with your words. once again your writing style captivated me. I enjoy the fact that you leave room for the reader to interpret as they will. it is interesting , the use of nature and human characteristics together as both are affected one by the other.

Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

570 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on February 25, 2008

Author

poddar kushal
poddar kushal

kolkata, India, India



About
life and trying to earn bread made me an advocate. mad at my own stressful self, turned to writing. poems mainly. but, there are several short stories published in my mother toungue 'bengali'.i live i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..