what am i

what am i

A Poem by Robert
"

my struggle to find meaning

"

what is friendship but a commitment made threw trust

what is a conversation but words that means nothing

what is happiness but something we will never see

what am i but a demon walking next to angels

 

what is a year but life spent all for nothing

what is achivement but a pat on the back

what is knowledge but a thing to precive

what am i but a monkey without hair

 

what is confussion but a trick on the mind

what is disillusion but just a slight of hand

what is a drink but one or two or more

what am i but a person with a problem

© 2010 Robert


Author's Note

Robert
plz comment

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

you are much more! a man with a conscience!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love your writing. Please join us at http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

We are an online writing community that provides writers with the feedback, motivation, and advice needed to achieve their writing goals.The Poetic Voice Community is fast and easy to join, and you will not get lost in it's easy maneuvering features. We here at Poetic Voice also hope to grow as a community of friends. Our intention, and wish is to learn and share with others. Basically we believe an open mind, and heart can promote growth. We hope to gain an understanding that can stretch and reach around the world.


Posted 13 Years Ago


It's very well written for the most part and you do have a point. I do believe, however, that parts of it read a little rough. But that's okay. I really like this! Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Indeed. However, you seem to have a grip on who you are, it is the rest of the world that is hazy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This really makes you think, great poem :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such deep questions that explore the very nature of our lives. Your responses voice an overwhelming angst and pain in the experience of the world.. Deeply moving words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well this poem of basic inquiries is a kind of shell game without a prize.

The search is not unusual, but without a subtler ear to the paradoxes of language, nothing gains ambient traction. Hell, there are even recognized "poets" (Ashbery) who seem to have mastered the external politics of perception more than the inner mysteries of free poetics.

The first example that comes to mind is a stark statement by the spiritual adept Adi Da: '"I' is a koan." There is nothing more stripped and enigmatic than that. Contrast that statement w/the dithering of Descartes: "I think, therefore I am."
Like, really? Thoughts arise like clouds in a mysterious sky of mind -- why is there any "therefore" at all about that? There isn't. Hence the schizoid western scientistic (the cult of pseudo-inquiry) enterprise.

When Da says "I" is a koan" he is reminding the listener that "I" is a mental construct, a fleeting physiology egoically labeled, a paradox of identity, since inquiry reveals a Consciousness stripped of identification w/thought, self, form.

In a word, we don't know what anything is, in its unlabeled beingness, nor shall we ever. However, taking that peculiar reality seriously enables us to grow more accustomed to simply observing mind without identifying w/the bees in the bonnet. Science only does this w/objects apparently outside mind, narrowly. Subjectivity is where all the real work is, as per Buddha.

So. My, I've gone a frickin' core tangent.

You can't struggle to find meaning. You get quiet and it finds you.

Confusion is indeed a trick of the mind, and disillusion a sleight of hand. The same is true of faux clarities.

It's hopeless, really. But there is a crazy wise joke awaiting the absurdist poet.

To be cont. . . .

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this poem, it's creative and it makes you think. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

355 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2010
Last Updated on September 2, 2010

Author

Robert
Robert

Kansas City, MO



About
im a 19 year old poet out to change the world more..

Writing
cellar door cellar door

A Poem by Robert


Social Groups Social Groups

A Chapter by Robert



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kiss Kiss

A Poem by Emma Ruth