Stolen Moments

Stolen Moments

A Poem by Poetic82
"

If you have ever been overwhelmed by feelings that can cause you to do things you regret, you can understand that once you cross the threshold into the realm of infidelity there is no turning back.

"

 

 

Stolen moments, they can give your mind a twisted view.
These precious moments that you've stole, they don't belong to you.
A stolen kiss, some holding hands, sometimes a stolen hug.
They can lead to moments deeper than, that end in making love.
It’s at that moment when you've slipped, you truly comprehend.
Though now entwined in stolen bliss, time comes when moments end.
There are the whispers, then the dreams, and your heart begins to feel.
As you realize that time you took, was not your time to steal.
Though these special moments somehow bring to you relief.
You cannot help feeling inside; you've now become a thief.
Stealing moments that aren't yours, with someone that you don't own.
These are passions moments making love, that end up destroying homes.
Because once you take the steps to steal the moments you once lacked
No matter how bad your soul feels, you can't give those moments back.
 
By: Audrey Booth-Edwards
 

© 2008 Poetic82


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is a sad reflection on what is happening in many relationships :( I have been guilty of this myself, though not in a marriage, but in a relationship which was heading toward marriage. And, the feeling I had after the actual sin took place was so overwhelming!! I had to tell the girl I was with at the time what I had done, and how terrible I felt because of it. She ended the relationship. I don't blame her. But, now even years after it had happened, I wonder is something like that worth ending a love that could last forever!! I mean, I know I can forgive a woman who has "cheated" on me, if she vows her love to me, I mean. I guess, my question is, do our weaknesses outweigh our strengths, in ourselves and our relationships. I think it is a good question to examine. Much love to you....

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was a great approach to a subject that most are too afraid to talk about. Very wise words so skillfully presented here. Thank you.
Stealing moments that aren't yours, with someone that you don't own.These are passions moments making love, that end up destroying homes.Because once you take the steps to steal the moments you once lackedNo matter how bad your soul feels, you can't give those moments back.

Great work here!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 31, 2008
Last Updated on May 31, 2008

Author

Poetic82
Poetic82

West Covina, CA



About
I am a writer by nature. It flows from me like water. I find that my greatest joy and peace comes from my words and creations. I find wonder in what becomes each time my pen hits the page. I never kn.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..