Cherry Red Stilettos In the Snow

Cherry Red Stilettos In the Snow

A Poem by Poetic Beauty
"

2nd version of this poem

"

Glittering white powder covers the street

Growing inch by inch till the ground is covered

The sidewalk resembles an alabaster sheet


Fluffy flakes keep floating to the ground

Traffic moves slowly down the snowy roads

Making it difficult to get around


A taxi cab comes to a screeching halt

For a stunning woman trudges along

Causing his mind to do a somersault


She is wearing cherry red stiletto heels

Long slender legs exposed to the weather

One more impetuous glance he rashly steals


Before moving on his treacherous path

Down the almost impassible snowy road

Facing mother nature’s fury and wrath

© 2011 Poetic Beauty


Author's Note

Poetic Beauty
I have two versions of this poem. I want to see which one gets better reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this one, Kristina! The "cool", seductive woman (I bet she is quite the b***h!) in the 'compulsory' red stilettos...(am a sucker for those myself!) ;-)
This piece has a better, smoother, sexier flow than the previous version. The imagery is crisp, fresh and very vivid. I like this one better...great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this one was good, now for the other.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Amazing poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I know the red heels would have look absolutely stunning trampling along the white snow streets. Alabaster is one of my favorite words you know. How many times have I wanted to bring the car to a halt once I saw a beautiful woman walking along. Ha, I should have been a taxi driver then I would have an excuse too. Your poem is charming and it takes a normal day, normal situation and brings some sensuality to it. Yes men do adore women like this especially ones who are sporting some heels and legs. Awesome write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Déjà vu, One, two, their both good. Will there be a third.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A great feel to this piece...flows effortlessly. well done...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
ooo quite sinister here! strong visual contrasts (red and white always gets me), and great language used to portray an all too familiar scene shown on TV etc. a scary but real fact! well written!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The unstoppable woman in red gets a fashion makeover. The contrast of the two colors and the fearlessness of the woman to drop the hammer on some guy by balancing in the snow and ice with red heels.

Excellent read

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This poem is more traditional to me. This one, I can feel the human aspect and emotions much more clearly. Cool idea for different takes on the same poem. I like this one best myself!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yeah baby...this is one of my faves of your's so far. Great painting, and I could see this as a painting...and those god damn cherry red stilettos...nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent. I don't know if I liked this one better, because they're very different takes on the same scene... which is actually exciting in itself. But I loved the imagery, the quick personality you gave to the cabbie, the structure... very well done. A curiously beautiful, yet somehow eerie, scene, masterfully painted with words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1885 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2011
Last Updated on January 2, 2011

Author

Poetic Beauty
Poetic Beauty

corn country, IL



About
First off I'm on here to post my writing to have an outlet for my emotions. You will find a variety of poems. If you like take a moment and stroll through this poets mind. Secondly be kind to each .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..