Chapter 8: Show Stopper

Chapter 8: Show Stopper

A Chapter by mae-mae<3

With my back pressed against the wall, tears started to flow.

 

And that broke the ice.

 

His face twisted into an expression of confusion. He lifted his arms and wiped away my tears with his thumb.

 

"I'm sorry I frightened you. I... overreact to some things.", he said, hesitant in all the wrong places.

 

He bent down and kissed my forehead. He smiled at me. My heart fluttered. I couldn't helo but smile back.

 

"I forgive you.", I said.

 

He wrapped his arm around my waist and walked me down the sidewalk close to his side.

 

I watched my feet as I walked. I can't help it. It's an obsessive compulsive thing.

 

As we neared the car he opened the back door instead of the front. I guess we're being driven.

 

I got in saying,"Thank you."

 

He got in next to me. In the driver's seat was a man of the larger size. Probably about 250? I don't know. I can't see him clearly.

 

The night slowly closed in on the little car as we sped down the highway.

 

"Where are we going?", I asked for we were out in the middle of no where. My stomach churned with panic. My heart pounded in my chest.

 

"I'm not done showing you the sites.", Justin said to me. "Molly, you look ill. Are you okay?", he asked. He's concerned. That's a good sign.... right?

 

I simply nodded looking straight ahead.

 

Justin put his pointer finger and thumb under my chin and turned so I was facing him. He looked me straight in the eye and said,"Why are you so frightened?"

 

"I don't know! Maybe it's the fact that I'm out in the middle of nowhere with two men larger than me and I have no phone to call anyone with.",  I whispered. My voice was braver than I was.

 

Justin reached into his back pocket and pulled out his cell phone. He placed in my lap keeping his eyes on my face.

 

"There.", he said. "Now you can call whoever."

 

But that's the thing. I have no one to call.

 

I hadn't realized he was still holding my chin. He left go and looked out the window.

 

The car slowed to a stop on the edge of a large cliff.

 

"I want to show you the real sites.", he said. I hurt his feelings. I could tell.

 

I looked out into the night ahead of me. A flash crossed the sky. Then another.

 

It was beautiful. It was a meteor shower.

 

Flash. Flash. Flash.

 

My mouth hung open as I watched the show. I could feel the eyes on me. Why he wasn't watching I didn't know. But he never looked away.

 

Out of no where the show stopped. I felt the frown on my  face as I realized this.

 

"That was beautiful", I said.

 

"You sure are.", he said.

 

I couldn't help but smile.

 

I thought of my family.

 

My dad. My mom. My sister.

 

All of them.

 

Maybe they put on the show for me.

 

I think they want me happy. So they'd want me here.

 

Justin pulled me into his arms and we stood there for hours. Not speaking. Just waiting for the show to come back on.

 

It never did.

 

And that's when we started falling into the nothingness below us. My vocal cords couldn't scream.

 

I was happy. And if I was going to die... I'm glad it's with Justin. But I'm not going to die.

 

We didn't fall off the cliff. We were laying on the ground.

 

And I slowly fell asleep in his arms as the night continued on. I was happy.

 

But only when I have my destiny.

 

 

 

 



© 2009 mae-mae<3


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on April 3, 2009
Last Updated on April 3, 2009


Author

mae-mae&lt;3
mae-mae<3

All Over Dover, DE



About
I no longer have a computer available unless i sneak onto my sisters when she's away. :) Dispicable me. I can only write decent poetry when i'm in a state of depression. but throughout the day i'll th.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by mae-mae<3


Flinch Flinch

A Book by mae-mae<3