Hollie with an I and an E

Hollie with an I and an E

A Chapter by Emily Dickinson Jr.
"

A little girl tells her class how she knows what a gun is when her guest speaker asks.

"

 

 

 


 

       Mrs. Linden clapped her small hands twice and welcomed the silence that came instantaneously.


 

       "Class, We have a very special helper today! His name is Mr. Johnson. Say, hello."

 

       "Hello Mr. Johnson!" was the resulting echo from dozens of tiny voices.


 

       "Mr. Johnson, is here today to teach you how dangerous  guns are.  How many of you know what a gun is?"


 

          "It's a gray thingy that makes people bweed; I seen it in the howa movies." Chirped cheerfully out of the small body that had jumped up to answer the question.



       She had Brown, slightly frizzy, curled hair that went all the way down to her tiny bottom. It was only a shade or two lighter than black and had jumped with her when she answered. Her deep hazel eyes ringed in black, sparkled with the innocent want to be praised for her answer.

     " Excellent, girl! What's your name?" demanded the guest speaker.

      

        " Mista, My name's Hollie; with an I and an E!" squealed the young girl joyfully under all the attention.

   

     " Well kids, Hollie's right but only partly,"

 

She pouted at the correction.

 

     "they do make people bleed on TV, but they also do in real life.; they're dangerous.” he warned the class of four year-olds.

 

     “They's bad?" asked Hollie demurely.

 

     " Yes, Hollie, they can be very, very bad...." Mr. Johnson trailed off.

     

 " Buts! Buts, in the movies, the bloods and the shiny gun was sooooo pretty!" She exclaimed, begging him to understand her.

 

      Her last comment echoed through the silent classroom. It had turn disturbingly quite at her last comment. Mrs. Linden looked absolutely horrified, and so very frightened. Mr. Johnson however was smirking.

       He stared down his long, lean frame at Hollie.

You could see his green eyes glinting out of his widened sockets. They gleamed through his curtain of blond bangs.  They gleamed with such an intensity that it scared the kindergarden class. It scared the class almost as much as Hollie's statement had. 



© 2012 Emily Dickinson Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ooooo I got chills. Just a few punctuation mistakes but good descriptive skills. Can't wait to read more :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

Yay! :-)
I liked it - it made me think of some show I watched a part of once, The Supernanny or something like that with a similiar concept, in which the nanny or whoever scolded the mother for letting her young child watch horror movies - I wonder what she would say to Hollie finding guns and blood pretty.
Personally, I think both Hollie's reaction to what she saw as well as Mr Johnson reaction to her fascination make the two rather interesting characters in what promises to become a fascinating story. Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

Im glad I raised the interest thats always my aim for the first chapter
Nath

11 Years Ago

It should be any writer's, you did a good job ;-)
Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

yay! :-)
Wow amazing! I agree with Heather,you have serious talent girl!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

its my first book and only my fourth story so Im glad its getting such feedback since im so unused t.. read more
Wow Hannah, you have TALENT! This is amazing! such a profound piece of how American's find violence to not be that huge of a deal in the media.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

aww thanx heather! its my first book so I was slightly worried on the quality
what a commentary on violence and the media! nicely done

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

lol thanx that isnt the main idea of the story at all but my readers certainly dnt know that yet ;-)
I like it. Very mysterious and leaves me wanting more so far. Interested to see how this Hollie girl turns out, thinking guns are pretty. Is it just a childhood perception, or does she understand the danger and still think it's something beautiful? Hmm. Questions...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

you will see ... I wrote this during seventh period cuz I have it free and I was bored ... dnt worry.. read more
I really like it so far. :) I love how you described Hollie too

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

Thanx! :-)
This sounds really good so far. It sounds like a prologue, though.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

lol thats good then
Melody

11 Years Ago

Mhm. Lol :)
Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

actally i wud hv no idea how to make this a prologue

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1105 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 30, 2012
Last Updated on October 18, 2012
Tags: gun, teacher, child, girl, blood, horror, 4


Author

Emily Dickinson Jr.
Emily Dickinson Jr.

FL



About
Im just a highschool girl. Writing is my hobby and I think Im fairly good at it but I leave you to be the judge of that. :-) my best short stories are: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/poisinros.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Whispers Whispers

A Poem by Levioshock