A Blast From the Past: Future celebs meet dictator

A Blast From the Past: Future celebs meet dictator

A Story by Emily Dickinson Jr.
"

I wrote this for an English class. we had to choose three famous people and write about having dinner with them. tell me what you think :-)

"



      Snow swirls around my head ,but I feel no cold.  I hear bangs and see lights; like fireworks, inches from my skin, but I feel no pain.  I’m in an abyss of chaos;  up and down to me right now, have no meaning.  My eyes wide and my pupils dilated, I take in the overwhelming activity of chaos and nothingness surrounding me.  Suddenly, everything stops and I’m left with only nothingness; only a dense black abyss.
   
     Out of the black appears one point of icy blue ,and then a few seconds later a second point of aquamarine.  These two points were two very bright eyes, yet there was no emotion in these eyes.  There was no way these eyes could be the eyes of a human.  Soon after the appearance of the two eyes appeared a face, a scalp of silvery hair and a lithe body, in a massive silk white gown.  What she was, I don’t know, but she offered me something special ,something I didn’t believe at the time.  She told me she was a god, and she grew dreary and bored.  She said, she could kill me any second but wouldn’t if I entertained her.

     Of course, I said yes.  The only condition was that I would entertain her by having dinner with three famous people, and of course that it would be funny.  After she said this, she began to disappear back into the black just as she had originally appeared.  Just as her mismatched eyes began to go, I heard a whisper telling me that to bring my chosen people to my home I must clap my hands twice and yell bang, and then the name of the person I wanted to summon, and then bang once more.
  
      Once the black abyss engulfed the entirety of my senses, it began to lighten to an almost warm reddish-brown.  I could feel my body now and to be sure I even wiggled my littlest toe.  Yup, I was back.  I slowly opened my eyes and smiled serenely; I was in my bedroom.  It must have been a dream. 

    I rolled over to my side and looked dazedly down at my pillow and saw something that made a frown drop to my face as if weighed down by a billion pound anvil.  There was an icy blue snow flake in the palm of my hand.  The snowflake was the same color as one of the woman’s eyes, and in the exact place she demanded I whisper.  It was no dream.  
  
       Eventually, my doom and gloom attitude was completely shed like a snake sheds its scales.  It’s not as if my task was so terrible; I just had to make dinner and be funny.  It really wasn’t very bad at all, especially when the alternative was dying.  So I went to the kitchen and literally began “cooking for my life”;  I made matzah ball soup, chocolate cake, and tacos.

      A cat walked by my window and gave me a look. I told it that I made tacos and that no, I wasn’t ,in fact, crazy.  Though thinking back on it, I was talking to a cat, so maybe I was.
   
        After preparing the table and setting up four seats I inhaled deeply; it was time.  I clapped my hands cleanly together twice, yelled loudly bang, whispered “Adolf Hitler”, and then yelled bang once more.  Slowly, you could see glowing red particles start to form and vibrate over one of the four seats I prepared. 

     Soon, Adolf Hitler was sitting before me, calmly, in front of the matzah ball soup.  I repeated the ritual twice more and called in Britney Spears and Marilyn Monroe.  Their seats were by the tacos and chocolate cake.
     I chose Britney Spears because she makes everything dramatic and funny.  I chose Marilyn just because she’s awesome; being the first super model and all.  Also, I was curious how Hitler would react to her.  I chose Hitler, because everyone knows him and I thought he’d make things interesting. 

   I was fairly correct in my assumptions.  As I summoned the two ladies Hitler just sat there with his arm crossed and leered at them with a huge smirk on his face; he leered very obviously to.  Marilyn just gave him a disgusted deadpanned stare.  Britney, however, fluttered her eyelashes at him and gave him a great, big, goofy, smile.  His smirk turned form one of complete perversion to one of complete success with only undercurrents of perversion.

    Britney and Marilyn got up and switched seats.  Britney so she could be closer to Hitler, and Marilyn so she could be as far away from them as she could manage.  It was a perfect match because Hitler loves blonds ,and Britney loves guys in general.
  
      Soon all of us were eating and talking fairly amicably to each other, though Marilyn had a clear grimace of disgust on her face, whenever addressed by Hitler.  Hitler liked the matzah ball soup even though he didn’t know what it was.  Britney liked the chocolate cake and Marilyn liked the tacos. 

   While Hitler was gobbling down his soup like a starved man, I let a chuckle slip.  I tried to muffle it ,but to no avail.  As soon as the sound escaped my lips Hitler’s spoon froze hanging from his mouth between his lips.  He wanted to know what had made me laugh.  I asked if he knew what type of dish matzah ball soup was.  He didn’t know.  I gleefully informed him it was a Jewish dish.  His face turned deathly pale and his mouth opened.  The soup fell droopily back into his dish.  For the rest of dinner he sat there shivering and muttering “contamination”;  He wouldn’t stop no matter how much breast Britney flashed at him.  Marilyn just shook her head at the two of them.
  
      Britney ate her cake and Marilyn ate her tacos.  Marilyn ate two tacos and Britney ate the whole cake.  Marilyn just stared wide-eyed ate Britney.  When Britney burped and a small splatter of chocolate icing landed on Marilyn’s cheek, it was the last straw.  She clamped her hand over her mouth and ran to the bathroom. 

   Suddenly, Hitler seemed to snap out of his daze after Marilyn left and gave Britney an odd sort of smile.  He told Britney there was an army of naked men and pointed out the window.  We looked but there was nothing strange out the window except a lovely blue-jay.  When we looked back to ask about it we saw him trying to hang himself with the table cloth.  Britney just collapsed in tears on the table.  Why, I don’t know, they just met each other after-all.  I took the cloth away from Hitler and told him he was being a very bad Hitler, and that exterminating people was bad, even if it was himself.  He went back to his shivers and mutterings.

     Marilyn walked back into the room and returned gracefully to her seat.  She finished her ice-tea and stood once again.  After she did so, the other two followed her example.  They all said thank you for the meal , said It was wonderful, and started to glow once more.  Soon in a flash of white light they were gone and the table was completely cleared.  It was as if they were never there.  All that was left behind was a small card that was filled with laughter and congratulation for winning my life.  It was signed by the Goddess of Snow.

© 2013 Emily Dickinson Jr.


Author's Note

Emily Dickinson Jr.
don't comment on the lack of dialogue because the teacher wouldn't let us write in the dialogue

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

pretty good I like the title

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

thanx!! i thought it was staight forward without giving away all that much u know? though 2 b hone.. read more
Really interesting

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

thanx sarah :-)
very good, I love they way that you added a wonderful movie icon (Monroe) a ditzy blonde who writes okay music (Spears) and a madman in general (Hitler) loved it!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Victoria Elizabeth

11 Years Ago

btw her name ( the girl that played Dorthey) Judy Garland
Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

ah! right. i probaly wont remember it took me like a year to remember one of my best friends names l.. read more
Victoria Elizabeth

11 Years Ago

ohhh lol, its ok....
I loved this. It was a good read. One little mistake I noticed, if you don't mind my correcting it, was you said "Marilyn just stared wide eyes ate Britney." I believe you meant "...wide-eyed at..." Otherwise, I did enjoy this. It was well written and I found the part where Hitler is told what he was eating to be particularly funny. :) Keep it up!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

thanx!! I dnt mind you saying at all if someone doesnt point these things out then I wont notice lo.. read more
Brianna Van Zandt

11 Years Ago

Haha, yeah, I found it amusing. :)
Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

well that was the point of it :-P so im happy it suceeded
I loved the part when Hitler was told what he was eating. I pictured it. And I about died of laughter. I must tell another friend about this story. It's that funny.
Keep up the great work! 10000000000/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Gretchen Clarke

11 Years Ago

O ya, I no what its like to be busy. I have like a 100 projects, and almost all of them are nowhere .. read more
Gretchen Clarke

11 Years Ago

I also liked "I took the cloth away from Hitler and told him he was being a very bad Hitler, and tha.. read more
Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

that is actually my personal favorite. lol
bravo! I had a smirk across my face the entire time. How enjoyable, and I must say excellent choice in characters, as they expalain themself. Sounds a lot like a dream I would have. Very imaginative and very entertaining. A very interesting read.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

Awww thanx so much I'm glad you liked it! :-)
I enjoyed this poem. Would be a interesting conversation. I like the set-up of the story. I like the stories that bring the dead and alive together. No weakness in the excellent tale.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

thatnx so much coyote! :-) though I dnt rly understand what you meant by poem
I enjoyed this a lot. Besides the fact that the group was a bit funny, the choices as food was as well. There were some small problems, but nothing that anyone should really notice. Good job, I enjoyed reading this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

what problems? If you tell me I'll fix them :-)
Joey Johnson

11 Years Ago

Really it was nothing. I am a history nerd and just saw a couple small things that most people would.. read more
Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

oh ok then lol I probally wudnt know then I honestly didnt put a whole lot of thought in Im the type.. read more
An interesting combination of guests. Very well written and very imaginative. The descriptions were great too! Nice story!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

thanx so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it :-D
Alexa Tasch

11 Years Ago

You're welcome!
Good write, weird combination though. Lol. What grade did you get?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

I got an A! :-) im a weird person so I write weird things lmfao
Ana Drake

11 Years Ago

Well your in similar company, so keep at it. I liked it :)
Emily Dickinson Jr.

11 Years Ago

good to know

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1448 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 22, 2012
Last Updated on March 1, 2013
Tags: dinner, famous, britney spears, adolf hitler, marilyn monroe, humor, famouse, snow, goddess

Author

Emily Dickinson Jr.
Emily Dickinson Jr.

FL



About
Im just a highschool girl. Writing is my hobby and I think Im fairly good at it but I leave you to be the judge of that. :-) my best short stories are: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/poisinros.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..