going home

going home

A Chapter by nightshade

Chapter 4

          “How did you get my car?” the vampire asked and gestured to the dark green Gallardo parked on the curb.

          “We got your keys from the hotel and well, I guess someone drove it here.” The sorcerer replied. “Oh, and by the way nice car.”

          Annabelle just stood there. She didn’t care about his car or whatever guys talk about.  “Shall we get going, Annabelle?” the vampire asked pulling her out of a memory of his that she had somehow brought to the surface. Annabelle didn’t move what she was seeing seemed so real to think about reality. The vampire grabbed Annabelle’s arm gently pulling her out of her vision. “Are you ready to go?” The vampire asked.

           Annabelle nodded and let the vampire lead her into the car. She looked around inside the posh interior of the car. Annabelle did not understand why cars were so important to humans. The vampire got in and they sped away from the house.

          The vampire it seemed had no problems ignoring the speed limit and other traffic laws. They flew down empty streets at an alarming and exciting rate. Annabelle was not used to moving this fast but she thought to herself that she could get used to being human, well not exactly human but an improved version of human. This could work.

          The vampire looked at his cat, she was beautiful, even though she was covered in blood and looked mildly annoyed. He turned a sharp corner and heard the cat hiss under her breath. He turned to her and gave an apologetic smile. He tried to concentrate on driving but memories from Annabelle’s past kept coming into his mind. She was such a cute kitten when she was younger, now she was such a beautiful cat. He swerved down streets not really noticing the red lights he ran or the people he almost ran over. “So, how do not have a home?” he asked and reached for Annabelle’s hand.

          “What do you mean? I don’t have an official home, I sleep where I feel comfortable. I don’t really have possessions or a place where I call home. What is so important about me not having a home? What is your home like?” Annabelle asked curiously.

          “This is not my home. I came here to this particular state and country not because I wanted to. I came to America because I was told to. You might remember what I did but with my entire life inside your head I would be surprised if you remembered what I did. I made most of the important vampires in Europe very mad at me. My home is waiting for me when I prove that I am back in control of my emotions. The place that I reside is not home but maybe it’s not home yet.”

          “That was beautiful and in no way did it answer my original question. The answer I was looking for would be in some kind of sensory detailed description, but that whole speech about going home was really sweet.” Annabelle said and took his hand.

          “Describing it would be a waste of time now.” He smiled. “Here we are.”

          “This is an underground parking garage.” Annabelle said with a smile.

          “Yeah it’s where I park my car.” He got out and led Annabelle towards the elevator leading to the building. Annabelle was seriously not thrilled with elevators but the vampire thought that was cute.

          The vampire led Annabelle through the hall past doors leading to other apartments. “I know this place.” She stopped at a dark wood door. “This guy really hates you but I don’t know why. I could swear that I have been here before but logic tells me that I haven’t.”

          “You have my memories but I have lived a long time it will be confusing at first I’m sure. He hates me because he is a giant dick.” He led Annabelle to the door at the end of the hall. “Can you guess what is behind this door?” He asked with a grin.

          “Just open the door.”

          He opened the door to the most wonderful place Anabelle had ever seen. The floors were all dark cherry wood. The entire wall in front of Annabelle was made of glass from floor to ceiling letting in a spectacular view of the city. There was a black leather sectional sofa in the middle of the room facing a flat screen TV in an elaborate and organized entertainment centre. The kitchen was open and welcoming. There was a comfortable feeling about the whole apartment. “Shall I show you around?” The vampire asked. Annabelle smiled. She really liked it here. “So obviously living room, kitchen, and liquor cabinet. Under the stairs there are some bookshelves and some beanbags. I like taking naps under there sometimes.”

          Annabelle looked away from the amazing view. There was a cosy nook between the two descending stairways with a few shelves of well used books. She could imagine curling up with a book under there.

          “Over there is a bathroom.” The vampire gestured to a closed door. “Up here are the bedrooms. You can take your pick of rooms. I’m going to take a shower now, if you are going to be ok.”

          “I might be a cat but I have been in an apartment before. Unless things have drastically changed I think I will be fine.” Annabelle said and walked off down the hall to explore.

The vampire sighed and walked into his room. He walked past his king sized bed towards his closet. The vampire grabbed a pair of sweat pants and a shirt and headed to the bathroom. He turned on the water and stood under the streams of hot water.


© 2015 nightshade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
Added on May 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 1, 2015


Author

nightshade
nightshade

denver , CO



About
Hello!! Most of my friends call me Nightshade and I am a 19 year old student studying English and some day will become a teacher. I know tht I haven't been on here lately but as a promis to myself I .. more..

Writing