dreams

dreams

A Chapter by nightshade

Chapter 6

Dimitri laid by a roaring waterfall. He knew that this place was one of Annabelle’s memories but for the moment Annabelle and Dimitri were not two people with different memories. For the moment Annabelle and Dimitri were the same person living the same memories. He laid under a tree beside the pool of water. The water fell in sheets into the pool at his side. It was so peaceful under the trees. He was hiding from his father. He remembered the prank that he and his siblings had pulled on his father which led to him hiding here. He was close to drifting off to sleep when he heard the soft deliberate paddling of a cat. “Annabelle why do you lie here by the water?” Annabelle’s father asked calmly not noticing Annabelle jump.

Annabelle looked up at him and smiled her long red hair falling over her shoulders. It felt so odd for his hair to be this soft. “I lie here by the water because it’s peaceful and quiet.” Annabelle said looking out at the blue water. Dimitri didn’t mean to say anything but it was one of Annabelle’s memories so he could not control the events that took place.

Annabelle’s father sat down beside her. “It is very peaceful and beautiful here.” He looked toward the waterfalls that thundered in the distance. “I used to come here often when I was young. Your grandfather used to have such wild parties and I would run out here to get away from the noise. You are so much like me it makes me proud that you are my oldest daughter.”

Annabelle smiled she knew that her father would understand her reasons for not staying at the party. Dimitri was confused he did not understand the events that had taken place before and he didn’t know what would happen. Annabelle’s father smiled again looking from his daughter to the waterfalls. “Father, do we really have to leave this place? I love it here I don’t want to go.”

“Annabelle Lee, you were always me favourite kitten. You are smart enough to see that we must leave or every one of us will be killed. I will bring our family back to this land when it is safer. You will be a cat soon and you will need to be careful. Your first turn will happen soon and then we need to leave, and for that I am sorry but we will be back when the time is right.” Her father said.

After that Annabelle’s father left and she sat alone by the water. Dimitri had no idea what had just happened or why, but he enjoyed being in her memory by the waterfalls. The sky grew dark and the stars came out. It was so beautiful. She could see all the stars and galaxies. The stars twinkled and shone brightly. For a time Annabelle stared at the stars counting all the constellations until her eyes grew heavy and she slept. Dimitri could feel the wind on Annabelle’s body and smell everything. Dimitri was still amazed at all the things Annabelle’s nose could smell. There were flowers growing on the trees that smelled beyond amazing. He relaxed breathing in the sweet smell of the woods and water and the memory ended.



© 2015 nightshade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on May 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 1, 2015


Author

nightshade
nightshade

denver , CO



About
Hello!! Most of my friends call me Nightshade and I am a 19 year old student studying English and some day will become a teacher. I know tht I haven't been on here lately but as a promis to myself I .. more..

Writing