breakfast

breakfast

A Chapter by nightshade




Chapter 8


It was 8:00 in the morning and someone was knocking on their door. The two looked at each other before cracking up with grins and laughter. Annabelle gracefully got off of Dimitri’s lap and sat on the edge of the chair again. Dimitri got up and headed towards the front door. He chuckled to himself as he thought about the possibility of Annabelle falling over again, she really didn’t seem to possess any catlike grace but maybe she just hasn’t gotten used to her body yet.  Dimitri opened the door.


On the other side of the door was a tanned well-toned guy wearing tight skinny jeans and a v neck t-shirt. The man smiled and offered Dimitri a huge box. “Shawn what’s in the box?” Dimitri asked suspiciously.


“Dude I have no idea it was right here on your door step so I picked it up. I am assuming that it was for you. Was that ok?” the guy apparently named Shawn said and handed over the box.


Dimitri took the box and let Shawn in. Shawn noticed Annabelle sitting on the edge of the couch. Dimitri noticed Shawn staring at the cat. “Shawn this is my cat Annabelle Lee. Annabelle this is Shawn and not to be offensive he is breakfast.”


“Did he just say that you are his cat? What exactly does that entail? Actually never mind it’s never been particularly smart to interfere with a vampire’s sex life.” Shawn blurted out. His voice wavering and gaining pitch as he spoke.


Annabelle looked from Shawn to Dimitri confused. “I am a cat I can turn into a cat when I want, it has nothing to do with my sex life. On that note I’m quite sure that you wouldn’t want to interfere with a vampire’s sex life.” Annabelle said. She was still confused and a little irritated over Shawn’s nervous questioning.


“Don’t mind him he tends to ramble when he is nervous.” Dimitri said reassuringly towards Annabelle. “Annabelle really is a cat and for reasons that I’m not going to explain she is mine. Also for about a week she is going to need some of your blood. I’ll pay you double for your trouble.”


“I thought that she was a cat. Why do cats need to drink blood?” Shawn asked.


“That’s complicated but she needs it so just stop asking questions.” Dimitri said.


“I have no problem with a beautiful girl like that sitting close to me and drinking my blood.” Shawn said and sat down in the middle of the couch.


Dimitri sat down next to Shawn and motioned Annabelle to come sit by him. She sat tentatively on Shawn’s other side. She had never had to drink blood before. Annabelle didn’t think that drinking blood would be as bad as she thought it would be.  Dimitri noticed Annabelle’s hesitation and grabbed one of Shawn’s arms and bit down with his fangs. He let go once the blood started to flow from the man’s forearm. Dimitri carefully gave the arm over to Annabelle. Then he sunk his fangs in to the skin of Shawn’s neck.


 Annabelle had never drunk human blood before. Oddly enough she liked the flavour. She enjoyed the feeling of the blood going down her throat. Its metallic taste leaving a bitter after taste in Annabelle’s mouth but she didn’t care. The blood exhilarated every fiber of Annabelle’s body. She felt stronger, faster, and braver. The blood made her want to fight, dance and sing all at the same time. Annabelle absolutely loved it and could not imagine stopping, even though she knew that eventually draining his blood would kill Shawn.


Dimitri always hated when he had to stop. Drinking blood was like doing drugs, you never want to stop. You never want that feeling to go away. On the other hand Dimitri had no choice on his drinking and he would die if he stopped. He knew when he had had enough though. He stopped himself before he took more blood than he needed. Dimitri licked the wound and watched as the holes in Shawn’s flesh sealed by themselves and the blood stopped flowing.


Dimitri noticed that Annabelle was still drinking. He watched for a second before noticing that Shawn was about to pass out from all the blood Annabelle was drinking. He really didn’t want to have to be the one to stop Annabelle but he was the only one here that could. He grabbed Annabelle’s hips pulling her backwards. Dimitri was shocked at how strong Annabelle was when she fought back. He was not prepared for her to turn around as fast as she did. Man was she strong and it seems that all the blood was getting to her. “Annabelle snap out of it if you continue on like this you will kill someone.” Dimitri said hoping to get through to the cat.


His crazy plan actually worked. Annabelle calmed down and started coming back to herself. She took a few deep breaths before asking “Is he going to be alright?” she motioned to the couch where Shawn had not moved. She thought he might be dead.


Dimitri took one look at the slumped figure on the couch and sighed. “He will be fine just never do that again?” He said but then realized that he had once been her position and grinned. Dimitri looked over to the arm that Annabelle had been drinking from. The arm was still bleeding Shawn’s own body was doing its best to stop the blood from leaving the body. 


“Why isn’t his neck bleeding too?” Annabelle asked looking at the man’s neck. Dimitri carefully lifted the arm in question to his lips. He took a long deliberate lick that covered the entire wound. Annabelle looked with curiosity as she watched the wound heal without any hint of a scar. 


“Dimitri where the hell did you find a girl like that? Where she actually likes you?” Shawn said.


“Shawn she is very complicated and I’m not sure that you should try to find a girl like her. Other cats, well most of them would probably kill you. Just stick with whatever girls you already date.” Dimitri said as he made sure that Shawn was ok.


Shawn left after drinking a whole bottle of water from the kitchen. After he shut the door Dimitri turned and looked at Annabelle. “How was your first taste of blood, little kitty?”


“I would throw something at you for that if I knew what is safe to throw around here. I am not your little kitty. The blood was amazing though.” Annabelle answered.


“I guess now the only thing to ask is what do you want to do now?” Dimitri asked walking over to the cat. He looked into Annabelle’s all too green eyes.






© 2015 nightshade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
Added on May 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 1, 2015


Author

nightshade
nightshade

denver , CO



About
Hello!! Most of my friends call me Nightshade and I am a 19 year old student studying English and some day will become a teacher. I know tht I haven't been on here lately but as a promis to myself I .. more..

Writing