what to wear

what to wear

A Chapter by nightshade

Chapter 11

          When Annabelle walked back into the apartment she felt something different. It almost felt like home to her. She did like it here but she was still a little uncertain. Annabelle was glad that Nightshade and Dimitri got along, and she was happy that Nightshade had found someone to be with.

“So why did we go see your cousin, little kitty?” Dimitri asked. His face was blank and he said the words without revealing any of his inner emotions.

“What you didn’t like her she liked you and so did Alex although I don’t know him so his opinion of you is almost useless to me.” Annabelle replied as she sat down next to the box that was right where she left it.

“So it was a test? I thought as much, how did I do?”

“Well she did talk to you didn’t she and so did Alex and he doesn’t seem to be the type to talk to people he doesn’t like but that is probably a vampire thing.” Annabelle said walking over to sit in the vampire’s lap.

“I must confess that those two caught me slightly off guard.” He said as he adjusted Annabelle’s weight more comfortably in his lap. “And I was under the impression that all cats hated being called kitty.”

“Not all cats hate being called kitty. I do, and so does Nightshade but she probably wouldn’t say anything to Alex because she wouldn’t want to spoil whatever deal that they have going on. If he can cook even a tiny bit better than Nightshade than it probably is bettér to tolerate being called his kitty.”

“You have a strange family, but i guess she is intitled to do whatever she wants with her life even if it is illegal.” Dimitri said looking intently at the cat for her reaction.

“You can remeber all of that?” Annabelle asked not reacting to anything he said.

Dimitri was hoping that Annabelle was going to be upset at Nightshade’s life, it would be so much simpler if Annabelle had objections to Nightshade’s choices. “No I don’t remember much about you growing up with Nightshade but I have heard Nightshade’s name in connection with selling blood.”

“Are you going to do your job and turn her in?” Annabelle asked. She looked at her vampire knowing that he would not betray family, and Annabelle’s family was now a part of Dimitri’s.

“My job is to make sure that vampires do not drink from cats and to make sure that no cat sells their blood to a vampire, so here I am in a situation that is exactly what I deal with every day as part of my job. No of course I am not going to turn your cousin in just for giving her blood to a vampire she happens to like.” Dimitri said as he ran his fingers through Annabelle’s red hair.

Annabelle smiled up at Dimitri. He looked tired but he was still inhumanly handsome. Annabelle looked out the huge window and suddenly jumped out of Dimitri’s lap. She rummaged through the box and grabbed some clothes while Dimitri quietly watched her frantic moves. “What are you doing, little kitty?” Dimitri asked as he looked over the edge of the couch to get a better view of the cat’s movements.

“If we don’t get dressed now we will be late. Getting there is quite a drive even with your crazy driving.” Annabelle replied poking her head through the doorway.

“Is that some kind of complaint about my driving? I rather think that speed limits are for humans with slow reflexes to feel safe. Besides what is life without a little bit of danger?” Dimitri said as he listened to everything going on in the room Annabelle was in. Dimitri loved his new found heightened hearing. He could hear Annabelle’s heart beat it was surprisingly slow and steady considering all the moving she was doing. Dimitri listened to the rustling of the fabric move across Annabelle’s skin. He could hear the breath enter and leave the cat’s body.

“You should put something more appropriate on.” Annabelle said as she walked out of the bedroom.

Dimitri looked at her and if he were human might have died. She looked amazing, well more amazing than her usual amazing. She wore a tight strapless forest green dress. The dress made Annabelle look taller and curvier which would drive any man within a few miles crazy. Her long legs were covered by black lace tights and her feet found themselves inside anklet boots with a three inch heel. She wore black lace fingerless gloves that went all the way to her elbow and an emerald choker around her neck. Dimitri had never been at a loss for words around girls, for god’s sake he had been alive since the Middle Ages but he had no clue what to say to Annabelle.

She waited staring at Dimitri wondering what was going on inside the vampire’s head. Annabelle was not self-conscious about the way she looked, cats don’t have that useless feeling. Annabelle knew that she could drive men crazy but she had never tried with a vampire before. “Cat got your tongue?” Annabelle asked playfully as she walked closer to him. Annabelle could tell that Dimitri was unsure what to do. That made Annabelle grin. The very same grin every cat gives when it just ate the canary. Annabelle now knew the effect she could have on Dimitri, and man would he be in trouble if she ever had to use it.

“How can I put something appropriate on if I don’t know where we are going?” Dimitri asked trying to not seem like he was staring at the cat.

“I went through your closet and picked something out for you. You will look very nice where we are going.” Annabelle said very nonchalant as she sat elegantly on the edge of the sofa and crossed her legs.

Dimitri wasn’t too sure that he should just wear whatever Annabelle had picked out for him. He walked into his room and saw what Annabelle considered “appropriate.” He looked at his black three piece suite lying out on his bed for him. Dimitri looked as there was a matching tie and his best dress shoes. He shook his head there was no way he was going to wear what he was told.

He went to the closet and pulled out a black silk dress shirt. He smiled Annabelle loved the feel of silk. Dimitri put the shirt on and grabbed a pair of grey jeans. The jeans weren’t as tight as skinny jeans would be but they were tight enough to look very good on him. Dimitri grabbed his favourite pair of black converse and his black leather belt. Dimitri knew that Annabelle would be annoyed that he did not wear what she picked out but he would not be dressed up.

He went to the bathroom to check on his outward appearance. Just because he wouldn’t be dressed up doesn’t mean that he did not want to look good. Dimitri wandered where they were going as he smoothed out his hair. He looked inward searching through Annabelle’s memories inside his head. He found a place that he thought would be the most likely place that Annabelle would take him. It was one of the most beautiful places Dimitri had ever seen.  



© 2015 nightshade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
747
I like it! Sorry I didn't comment on all the chapters, I just read through them all in one go.

This is a really unique story and I'd love to read more of Dimitri & Annabelle's adventures. You have a good handle on conveying emotions and humour without being too wordy or obvious. Though there are times that you 'over-describe' certain things and 'under-describe' others. There's a few spelling/grammar/format mistakes throughout but that's nothing too major.

Over all I think it's great! Really neat perspective.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
747
I like it! Sorry I didn't comment on all the chapters, I just read through them all in one go.

This is a really unique story and I'd love to read more of Dimitri & Annabelle's adventures. You have a good handle on conveying emotions and humour without being too wordy or obvious. Though there are times that you 'over-describe' certain things and 'under-describe' others. There's a few spelling/grammar/format mistakes throughout but that's nothing too major.

Over all I think it's great! Really neat perspective.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 4, 2015
Last Updated on May 4, 2015


Author

nightshade
nightshade

denver , CO



About
Hello!! Most of my friends call me Nightshade and I am a 19 year old student studying English and some day will become a teacher. I know tht I haven't been on here lately but as a promis to myself I .. more..

Writing