i'm dying

i'm dying

A Chapter by nightshade

I am dying. I know this for a fact, I can feel it coming, getting closer. I am not supposed to be afraid of dying because you see, I don’t die, well my body dies and everything I have ever been dies and all of my memories will be gone. I will transform into a new person and never remember what I used to be. It sounds very dramatic really but there are thousands of us and we die every day and people never notice. I’m writing this not because I think ordinary people have the right to know about what I am, I am writing this because in a few very precious moments I will die and nothing will remain of who I am.

I was made many centuries ago in an alchemist’s lab and over the centuries I have worn many faces. I was created in an attempt to blend different races together to keep humans from discovering that they are mere puppets to far greater powers. The world is controlled in secret by supernatural beings. Yep vampires, werewolves, fairies, shapeshifters just to name a few control the human world. They control governments, businesses in short they control humanity. Not obviously because people would notice if their government leaders were never out in the daylight or if they had a tail, but they control the world by getting their supporters into positions of power. Now you might be wondering where I come in. I keep people from seeing what they shouldn’t see. Most beings from the other world are powerful enough to shield themselves from human view if it is not possible for them to pass as humans. It is actually required that beings that cannot pass as humans, like trolls, for instance keep out of view of humans, but like all rules there are people that break them, and that is what I enforce.   

My name is Charlotte I am a fighter, strong, confident and dangerous. I never seemed to make many friends even among my own kind I never found anyone that was willing to put up with me and I guess I never will. Anyway I am too much of a workaholic to be caught up with things like friends. I am stationed in a marginally busy city in America. I try my best to blend in as human and for the most part I have very little trouble passing as an average young adult. I live alone in a small flat in the middle of the city, I go to the nearest community college and keep my eyes open for any supernatural beings that are breaking the rules. My methods have in the past been considered harsh but as a fighter I cannot let the human that knows about the supernatural world to live, and ironically killing humans is what many said would kill me and I guess they were right because I don’t have much time left. I know that my life was not terminated in the line of duty, meaning that I am dying because a human has killed me. That has never happened to me before, and I’m not asking for revenge, that’s so petty and beneath me.

I can feel the end coming, but don’t worry about me dying doesn’t hurt. I know it will be hard for you but please remember me.

The light goes out and my body relaxes all my senses slowly fade. My memories slowly leave me and I am left with the one truth in my life. My one purpose, I must protect the secret from the humans.

I can feel the blood pooling around my body as my heart aches trying to pump my body full of the blood that is no longer there. With one last defiant scream into the cold unfriendly night I died.



© 2015 nightshade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh my gosh, this is very intense and intriguing. I don't know why it doesn't have more reviews. Though maybe it's because of the grammar mistakes, I recommend you to download an app named "Grammarly" in google chrome it makes writing a lot more easier and helps you correct your writing. You should give it a check to fix grammar and spelling mistakes, this piece of writing is worth it. I know I loved it and I need to know what happens nest, I would love to read the next chapter, I can't wait to read it. The world you have described for this story is very interesting, and the title you gave to the chapter and the book seems to fit just great. And I would like to know more about Charlotte, I like the way you have described her.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nightshade

8 Years Ago

I posted the next chapter just for you. Happy reading. thanks for your review



Reviews

To condensed to sip at leisure. Good synoptic distillation of a more diluted work to come.

Posted 8 Years Ago


To condensed to sip at leisure. Good synoptic distillation of a more diluted work to come.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I enjoyed this chapter. You create interesting story line and character. I like the honest tone and the directness of this chapter. Made me wish to keep reading. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coypte

Posted 8 Years Ago


you know, Bear makes some great points and again i would have to defer to his review. as for the world itself id like to see how it all works together. i like supernatural stuff. lets see what happens!

Posted 8 Years Ago


This was very interesting. I won't hit any grammatical errors as the other two reviews already pointed them out and I didn't see very many others. I would really like to read more!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Critique: (people have the right to know about what I am) to know what I am
There are a number of places where a comma could add a dramatic pause to get stronger impact but as is will do. Example: (It sounds very dramatic really, but there are thousands of us and we die every day and people never notice)

Review: After looking at the reviews you have, I fear I would only be repeating what they have said. I do want to thank Alondra T. N. for the read request for this poem, it was a pleasure to read, thank you for posting :~)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Oh my gosh, this is very intense and intriguing. I don't know why it doesn't have more reviews. Though maybe it's because of the grammar mistakes, I recommend you to download an app named "Grammarly" in google chrome it makes writing a lot more easier and helps you correct your writing. You should give it a check to fix grammar and spelling mistakes, this piece of writing is worth it. I know I loved it and I need to know what happens nest, I would love to read the next chapter, I can't wait to read it. The world you have described for this story is very interesting, and the title you gave to the chapter and the book seems to fit just great. And I would like to know more about Charlotte, I like the way you have described her.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nightshade

8 Years Ago

I posted the next chapter just for you. Happy reading. thanks for your review

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 1, 2015
Last Updated on November 1, 2015


Author

nightshade
nightshade

denver , CO



About
Hello!! Most of my friends call me Nightshade and I am a 19 year old student studying English and some day will become a teacher. I know tht I haven't been on here lately but as a promis to myself I .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


12:oo MN 12:oo MN

A Poem by Aprille


Wintry Wintry

A Poem by Not here