When The Words Die Prologue

When The Words Die Prologue

A Chapter by Julie Beth

You can’t control when someone leaves your life forever. Yes you can try to prevent that person from leaving and yes you can probably stop them, but you can’t control someone leaving because of death.  Death is a part of life and it happens to everyone. Sometimes it happens at the wrong time and you feel as though your life has stopped and you can’t move on. But you can and you will. You may even learn a few things along the way.

***

“Jordan are you almost ready to go?” I turned around to look at my mother. My mother’s deep brown eyes looking straight through me. She’s been like that for a few days. My mother is still in shock over the accident.

I nodded my head and zipped up my black suit case. I went over to my desk and grabbed the hair elastic that was sitting there and tied up my long brunette hair. Then I pulled my brown sweater over my head and put it on.  I could still see my mother waiting for me in the doorway out of the corner of my eyes.

I took one last quick glance around my room and my eyes froze on my laptop. My laptop was my life. I was a writer. Before the accident happened I wrote every day. If I had the chance, I was on my laptop writing away. Then the accident happened and after that I couldn’t find the motivation to use it.

“Jordan lets go. You’re going to miss you flight.” My mother snapped. I sighed and walked out of the room without the laptop.

“Do you want me to drive?” I asked as she made her way down the stairs. I already knew the answer, my mother never liked driving.  I threw her bag into the back of my black pickup truck and my mother got in the passenger side. 

It was quiet as I clicked her seat belt into place. Then I leaned back in my seat and sighed. “I don’t want to go mom.” I said in a soft voice knowing that if I talked any louder my voice would crack.

“It’s the right thing to do Jordan. This isn’t a discussion.” My mother’s cold voice replied.

“Mom pl-” I started to say but my mother cut me off.

“Jordan, your aunt needs you. I know you don’t want to go but you have too. She can’t raise four little children on her own now drive.” My mother said in a stern voice. I knew at this point it wasn’t up for discussion.

I’m Jordan Ellison and I’m seventeen years old. My Aunt has four kids. One is ten, another is four, another is three, and the youngest is three months. My Uncle was just in an accident…he didn’t make it. I haven’t seen my aunt or uncle in two years. Now I’m spending the summer there to help my aunt through her emotional state. But no one takes into consideration on how I feel. It’s like I wasn’t affect from the accident, but I was…



© 2012 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
tell me what you thing please and thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The first paragraph pulled me in right away. Really good! Makes me want to keep reading more adn I will if you write it. Can't wait! The only thing is how you only address the mother as my mother, sometimes you could put in "she" or something just to break it up. Just an idea, not necessary. Great first chapter!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Julie Beth

11 Years Ago

Thank youuu
Alexa Tasch

11 Years Ago

you're welcome!



Reviews

It’s like I wasn’t affect from the accident, but I wasIt wasn't like I was affected.
Nice beginning and i can't wait to read more! ^^





Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh you and your death obbsession. I think it sounds awesome.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The first paragraph pulled me in right away. Really good! Makes me want to keep reading more adn I will if you write it. Can't wait! The only thing is how you only address the mother as my mother, sometimes you could put in "she" or something just to break it up. Just an idea, not necessary. Great first chapter!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Julie Beth

11 Years Ago

Thank youuu
Alexa Tasch

11 Years Ago

you're welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 10, 2012
Last Updated on September 10, 2012


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth