The Forgotten Chapter 2

The Forgotten Chapter 2

A Chapter by Julie Beth
"

This is present day in the story the main characters are Taylin, Aaron, Josh and Jenny

"

Taylin:

  "Cloths?" Aaron asked

"Check." Taylin answered

"Hair brush and tooth brush?" he asked

"Check." Taylin responded

"Everything else that nobody cares about?" he inquired

"Check! Did you pack yet?" Taylin questioned

"I will tomorrow. Dad still hasn't grasped the fact that were leaving, let’s not push him." Aaron exclaimed as he left the room.

  Taylin finished putting her cloths in her suitcase. Then she ran down stairs.

 "I'm going to Josh's house I’ll be home at five." She proclaimed as she ran out the door.

Aaron:

   Aaron heard the front door slam shut. With Taylin gone, his dad, and step mother, Emily, at work, he was now officially home alone. He went over to his Stereo and put in Secondhand Serenade. He found it was very calming. Aaron wasn't into screamo and he couldn't stand that stupid, upbeat, pop, so called music that Taylin listened to.

 As Aaron sat there listening to the music, he moped. True fully, he didn't want to go to boarding school. The only reason Aaron said he wanted to go was because he was pissed off at his father. His father took away his car keys for a week because Aaron drove home from a party drunk. Aaron didn’t get pulled over, he didn't crash the car, and other than being drunk, he wasn't in anyway harmed, but his father was still pissed off at Aaron. Looking back on this memory now, Aaron realized, he wasn't pissed off at his dad for caring, Aaron was pissed off at himself for not caring. Then Aaron got up and grabbed a beer, not caring that he was throwing his future away, and drank until he couldn't think straight anymore.

Josh:

 "Can you turn that down?" Jenny shouted over the music

"No way, my room my rules." Josh retorted

"Yeah well this may be your room but it sure isn't your house. If you don’t turn it down then mom will make you when she gets home." Jenny hollered

"Great! In the mean time scram." Josh snapped

  Jenny slammed the door and walked away. Then, what seem like not even a few minutes later, there was a knock on the bedroom door. With an annoyed sigh, Josh got up to open his door. Instantly when he opened the door, all the tension left his body and he was relaxed. Josh stepped aside as she walked into his room and turned off the stereo.

"I don’t really think country is the type of music you can blast and start head banging to." Taylin said

"It could be." Josh replied

"You better hope your roommate thinks so or you might have a problem." Taylin responded

"I'll bring headphones." Josh countered

Jenny:

  Jenny breathed a sigh of relief as the music suddenly cut off. This was one of the reasons she liked her older brother Josh's girlfriend, Taylin. Taylin, unlike the rest of the world, listened to what Jenny had to say. Although, Jenny could never figure out if it was because Taylin actually cared, or if it was because Taylin felt sorry for Jenny.

     Growing up Jenny was constantly told not to go near Red Street, especially at night. Red Street was where fights broke out, drugs were sold, and sometimes murders. Two months ago when Jenny's dad left, no once seemed to care what Jenny did. In fact no one noticed Jenny at all. Josh spent his days locked away in his room, only opening the door for Taylin. Jenny's mother, on the other hand, went into some sort of depression. At least that’s what Jenny heard Josh tell Taylin one night as she snuck out of the house.

                                *                  *                    *

  When Josh and her mom stopped caring, Jenny snuck out of the house. Not caring where she would end up, she just kept walking. Not ten minutes later had she found herself on Red Street. She knew she should have just walked away, but she didn’t care anymore. She started walking down Red Street when she saw a man, who looked to be in his mid twenties, stumbling out of a bar. It was easy to tell that this guy was drunk. The man started to walk in Jenny's direction. She started to walk faster. Then Jenny felt his hands grab her arm. Her heart was racing. She tried to scream but no sound came out. The guy pushed her on the wall. Jenny was so scared she didn’t know what to do. Finally after so much effort, she screamed. She screamed as loud as she could. The man muffled her screaming with his hand and punched her in the face with his other hand. Jenny bit on the man’s hand as hard as she could, hoping it would make him weak for a split second so she could run. It didn't help. He took his other hand and covered her nose. Jenny couldn’t breath. She knew it was the end. She couldn’t fight anymore. For the first time in her life, Jenny gave up. When she did she felt a sharp pull on her nose and the man’s nails dug into her cheek. The man fell to the ground as Jenny gasped for air. She couldn’t see. Everything was fading. Then everything went black.

   The first time Jenny woke up she was in a white room. She was still in her clothes and was in pain. Then a lady walked in. She looked like she was a nurse. She came over and told Jenny she was ok now. Then she pressed a button and the world went black again.

   The second time Jenny woke up, it took her a few minutes to figure out what happened. Not only what happened but whose car she was in. She was in the passenger seat and who ever put her there but her seat belt on to. Jenny was too afraid to see who the driver was. But when he spoke, she was relieved for two seconds. Then she was scared of how much trouble she would be in.

"I  know you're awake." he breathed without taking his eyes off the road.

"Aaron I’m so-" Jenny began but Aaron cut her off.

"Sorry? Jenny what the hell were you thinking! You know you're not allowed on Red Street." Aaron demanded

"I don't know. I was thinking..." Jenny trailed off

"No Jenny, you weren't thinking. That Guy was going to kill you. You lucky as hell you got out with a broken nose and some cuts on your face. You can’t just get up and leave home like that! Did you even tell anyone you were going??" Aaron was yelling now.

"My dad didn’t tell anyone when he was leaving. He just got up and left." Jenny whispered

"Jenny," Aaron said softly but in an aggravated tone "you are fourteen years old. Your father is a drunken b*****d who decided he cares more about drinking than he does his family. Don't you even think about following in his footsteps."

"Your mom was a drunk, she left you guys and now you drink even though you’re only seventeen."Jenny stated

"Yeah well Taylins my twin and no matter how much she pisses me off I would never leave her. Look, Jenny, your mom and Josh, their going through a hard time. You are to but you shouldn't be doing stupid stuff like this. When it seems like your mom and Josh don't care and your about to do something stupid, don't do it." Aaron said

"Why?" Jenny asks

"Because I do care."Aaron answered

"Are you going to tell my mom?" Jenny asked

"How about I make you a deal?" Aaron countered

"Ok." Jenny said

"Don't do another stupid stunt like this, and I wouldn't tell your mom or Josh. Deal?" Aaron proposed

"Deal." Jenny responded.

"If anyone asks tell them u were hit in the face with a soccer ball and then fell on the cement." Aaron told her as he pulled on to Jenny's street. Then he pull up to Jenny's house and she got out. When she walked in, the clock said 2:30 am. Jenny went to bed not getting much sleep. When she walked down stirs then next morning, no one noticed her face, noon asked, and she didn't speak about it again.

Anonymous:

 What the hell were they thinking? Building a freaking boarding school where a bunch of innocent people died. They think they’re doing good by acting as if those people never existed? Acting as if it never happened? I'm not going to let that happen. I won't let those people be forgotten.

 



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
sorry its not as good as the first chapter, tell me what you think please

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok so I love this chapter inside to characters but the dialouge can be worked on it feels alot like a debate between two people sometimes and other times it's perfect
.novelists.elite.info.
.display. .wesley.002.
.memberID. 002
.name. Wesley
.username. Knoxx
.novels. Sanctum, Not Far From You
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer, noelwrimo Contestant
.noelwrimo. 690
.join date. 03-22-2011

Posted 12 Years Ago


Another good chapter :)
Some errors here and there, not many but they're still there.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Cooki-Eater
.memberID. 005
.division. I
.division.leader. Wesley
.name. Pamelee
.username. Shawtiie-Lee
.novels. Behind The Door, A Girl's Pain, My Birthday Wish, Hope At Last
.status. Novelist, noelwrimo Contestant
.noelwrimo.wordcount. 1,997
.join date. 03-23-2011

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very good Julie Beth.

Posted 13 Years Ago


a couple of spelling and grammar mistakes.

Posted 13 Years Ago


just as good as the first chapter but some grammer mistakes but nothing major. oh i Anonymos is so Hunter am i right?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Why did you send me a read request? i didn't even read chapter one?!?

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have a few grammar mistakes. I saw a lot of words that needed apostrophes and there are a few typos.

Other than that interesting chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 16, 2010
Last Updated on February 19, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..