Unexpected Chapter 11

Unexpected Chapter 11

A Chapter by Julie Beth

  Xavier sat down on the couch next to me.

 "Maddy, what's going on?" He blurted out

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Somethings up with you." Xavier dropped his voice so only I could hear "You're acting different and I don't think it's because of the pregnancy. I feel like i'm losing you."

 "You're not losing me. It's just... things are happening and I don't know what to do about it."

 "Hey were best friends. When we don't know what to do about something we turn to eachother for help. I would die if you disappeared. I would end up having an emotional breakdown."

 "You have Carson." I said putting my feet up on the table in front of us.

"Nah, Carson's a good friend but when it comes to problems, he tells me to suck it up. That's one of the plus sides of having a girl as your best friend. Girl's always know what to say." I laughed. Half of the time, I didn't even know what I was saying. Where the hell was he getting this crap from? "Why are you laughing?"

"No reason. You would have a girl best friend. You would have Susan."

"Maddy, I can't have my girlfriend be my best friend. If I need to rant about a bad date or something she said, I wouldn't be able to without hurting her. It would just end in a very bad break up.

"Very true." I said

 "You know, you kind of avoided my question." Xavier whispered.

"What question?" I asked slightly confused.

 "I said 'what's goin on, I feel like i'm losing you' remember?" Xavier pressed

"I answered you. Things are just happening and I don't know what to do."

"I told you, I'm your best friend. I'm here to help you. I want to help. I can't help if you don't tell me what's going on. I'm really worried about you." Xavier told me. I was quiet. I knew I couldn't do this. Dr. Green even said so, I have to tell. I'm scared though. I don't know who to tell because i'm afraid they'll be disgusted with me and leave.

 But keeping this a secret just wears me down. I'm slowly slipping. Right here, right now, I have the chance to come clean. Xavier knows me better than anyone. He won't leave me if I tell him. He can't leave once he learns the truth. He wants to help me. He even said so.

 "Maddy?" Xavier begged "What's going on?"

"You can't tell Carson."

"I won't Maddy, just tell me."

"The baby's not Carson's." I whispered just loud enough for Xavier to hear. Before Xavier could react, Carson walked through the door with my ice. He walked over to us and gently put it on my cheek.

 

 Later on that night me, Carson, and Xavier were watching boxing, or at least Carson and Xavier were. I was thinking about earlier when I talked to Xavier. Of course he hunted me down once Carson went to work. He made me tell him the whole story.

 But that wasn't the part of our conversation that I was thinking about. I was thinking about how Xavier said he would die if I disappeared. It got me thinking, what would Carson do? I would ask him, but guys get kind of mad when you interupt them with stupid questions while they're watching sports. So I had to wait for a commerical. 

 I noticed that when you're watching a normal show, there's a bunch of commericals. But when you're watching sport, there's very little commericals. It took forever but once the commerical finally came on I asked,

 "Carson, what would you do if I disappeared forever?"

"Why would you disappear forever?" Carson responded a bit confused

"Ummmmm, I was kidnapped and brutally murdered."

"What the hell have you been watching?" Xavier asked laughing

"Hey, i'm just saying it happens." I replied

"My forever is nothing without you." Carson whispered as he kissed my forehead.

"Huh?' I breathed

"That's his corny way of saying he'd kill himself if you were gone. Now shush. Boxing's on." Xavier said as I picked up a pillow and chucked it at his head. For the first time in my life, I hit what I was aiming for. That made me smile and Carson laugh.

 Xavier turned to look at me in his most serious face he could pull off and said,

"If you weren't pregnant, I would nail you right now."

 "I would take you down before you even got the chance." Carson replied smirking.



© 2011 Julie Beth


Author's Note

Julie Beth
so this is really short sorry about that but tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i wanna know who the babies is dahm it!
im still reading. :) i love it

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think the baby is her fathers!!!!! That would make an epic story!

Writing keeps the dream alive
~V~

Posted 12 Years Ago


The subtext of not letting us know until now - simply brilliant, a crafted piece.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Thomas Fitzgerald
.memberID. 028
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Thomas
.username. kissaled
.novels. Adrian, Memoirs of a Gay(sha)!
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-27-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG I can't believe the baby isn't Carson's..I can't wait to find out who the father of the baby is....can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


is the dad xavier or Maddie's dad?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh snap. If the baby's not Carson's, then who's is it? Yes, sorry, that signals that Maddy is a bit of a player. Please tell me that you're going to continue with this. I'd very much like to read how it ends.

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol i love it. read the last chapter too, loved that. keep writing!! lol its amazing cant wait to get to the ending xD

Posted 13 Years Ago


burtally -brutally. i was sorta thinking wat shnerd was thinking, but sadly, oit happens. maybe it's xavier's but he would probably tjink the same thing if he was nesing around with her,,,, *shrugs,* Guesss I'll have to wait and see.

Posted 13 Years Ago


O.o The baby is her Dad's iisn't it O.o Oh Gosh... Well maybe it's not her Dad's maybe I just have a weird mind...

Anyway I wanna know now whose baby it is! xD This was an excellent chapter. I loved how she hit Xxavier with a pillow. I wonder if Carson overheard her saying it wasn't his. Can't wait to find out what happenes next!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aw, too short I want more! But then again, I already know where this is leading so it doesn't really matter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

650 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Julie Beth
Julie Beth

lala land, RI



Writing
Content Content

A Story by Julie Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..