None so far..

None so far..

A Story by Ale
"

-

"

 

1

I dialed the phone number again. I held my breath, waiting for it to start ringing. Instead, the song "The Way I Are" starts playing. I was surprised, for I've never heard a song playing instead of a ring tone. It rung and rung but no one picked up. Suddenly the line got cut off and and started beep-beep-beeping. I sighed and dialed again. And again. And again. Suddenly the song stopped playing, and someone picked up. It sounded like someone was rushing to turn off the phone. Maybe she was at his funeral ceremony. No, I can't think about that. I shook my head to clear my thoughs and hung up. I went over to the couch and grabbed the double sour skittles and started eating them like it was the end of the world. They're so good! But even skittles couldn't get that horrible thought out of my mind. I was worried about her, my best friend, Anita. She has been gone since friday, because her grandpa was on his deathbed. Today is sunday, and she's still not back. She gave me her house keys on friday so I could come and feed her cats while she was gone. I could also play with them if I wanted, she had said. Oh and also clean the litterbox, you'll get paid! Fine, I said. I remembered smiling there in front of her while she explained to me which food to feed them. And how to change the water in the electric water bowl. The litterbox duty was hell, 'cause it stunk so much. And right after I was done, Anita's fat cat, Bonnie went right in, and peed at the farthest corner of the box. Great! I can't reach there, and if I don't clean it, her second cat, Cassy (very slim, might I add) dosen't pee or poo in the box. She goes right outside the box and does it there. I got a new baggie, since the other one was tied up already, and pulled the litterbox from under the table, I held my breath and reached in with the scooper. Wow, that cat pees a lot, I thought as I was dumping the huge chunk into the baggie. I tied it up, got out and locked the door. Then i went straigh to the garbage room, and dumped the baggie down the chute. I stood there for a while, just listening to the sound of it hitting the enormous garbage can at the bottom. I got out and went straight home. The great thing about where I live is that my best friend's house door was right accross from mine, about 3 steps away. I went back to the couch and finished my skittles, barely tasting the sour aftertaste they left. Then I heard a loud knock on the door...

 

2

 

I jumped off the couch and ran to the door. I looked in the peep hole and ...there was Anita! She looked happy to see me, but also sad at the same time. I opened the door and gave her a huge hug.

'Hi! I missed you so much! Hows everything?' I asked

'Everythings...okay. But he's dead. He died when we were halfway home. We're going back next friday for the funeral.' She looked so sad, I couldn't stand it. So I gave her another hug. Her mom came up to us and said

'Okay girls! Can you go get two carts? We have our luggage in the trunk and the groceries on the back seat.' We obidiently went and got to carts. Since I live in an apartment building, we get to use these shopping carts that are stored underneath the staircase, on the "B" side of the building. Anita lives right accross from me, so we have to head down the hall, (takes about 12 steps) and open the door. If you follow the hall you will eventually reach the pool. Anyways, back to the carts. I grabbed one and did a u-turn so that it faces the door. There was an old lady that was coming down the hall. She took one look at me, opened the door about a foot wide, and slipped right through! Didn't even attemp to hold the door for me. So I was left to open the door. I pushed it with my right hand, and propped it up with my right foot. But oops! Instead the door banged hard on my angle, scraping off the skin and giving me a huge bruise. Then it started bleedng. I let out a loud yelp, which sounded a lot like my dog's yawn. Then I just pushed the cart with all my strenght through the door and quickly walked after it. But lucky me, since I'm oh so fast, I also get banged on my back with the door handle! Ouch! I'll just blame it on the old lady, i though and smiled to myself. Then Anita came out from her apartment.

'Hey what happened to your ankle?' She asked as I held the door for her to pass through with her cart.

'Well, you see that super slow walking lady up the hall? She didn't hold the door for me. Now, follow my lead.' I smiled mischevoiusly and quickly pushed my cart down the hall. Then I starded talking loudly. Maybe too loudly.

'You know, I just hurt my ankle, because it was soooo hard to open the door with a cart in my hands.' I said

'Oh really? Why would someone not hold the door for you? I mean you always hold the door for everyone!' We quickly glanced at the lady who was getting in the elevator, she looked quite taken aback. Then the elevator door started closing and I ran up to it and practically screamed:

'Always hold the door for everyone!!!' Okay, I admit we're pretty crazy. But its not my fault I had 3 cups of coffee as soon as I woke up! That much coffee can do wonders to people like me. We lughed our way to the back door, and pushed it open. Then we used the little hook that held the door open and loaded up the carts.

'You guys can bring those in, right? While I go and park the car..?' She asked

'Yeah sure.' We turned tha crts around and pushed them home.

 

   

 

 

© 2008 Ale


Author's Note

Ale
this is the first piece of writing i'm posting.....please tell me what you think, NICELY

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Alesia, I think that this has a lot of potential. Your story line, as Natalia said draws one in.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That's an amazing begining to a story. I really liked it.
It said just enough to draw the reader in, but bot too much that would give everthing away.
I loved the cliff hanger at the end.
I can't wait until you add more.
~Natalia

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 27, 2008
Last Updated on May 12, 2008

Author

Ale
Ale

Ottawa, Canada



About
I enjoy writing, and consider it one of my hobbies. My parents are both really good at writing. Writing helps me let out my inner feeling, in the most subltle ways. I love using complicated and rich .. more..

Writing
No Control No Control

A Poem by Ale


poemm2 poemm2

A Poem by Ale


Love You Love You

A Poem by Ale