A Description From Far Away

A Description From Far Away

A Story by Juls
"

This is a description of how I see the houses across the bay I live at. I hope you like it :'D

"
I ambled out to the deck and stared across. A big sheet of ocean and another strip of land stared back.

Every day I wake up to this view of things, the tiny windows of the houses across and the puffy trees that appear like green clouds. They have a rocky beach just like us, but it looks like a tan line following the bottom of the houses and fields. It's my guidance to know where the land begins and ends.

Every sunrise I look across. The sun grows two times larger in the morning than any other time of the day. I see it reveal itself atop the peaks of the small trees and it lights our whole morning. It glows orange that time of day, turning the sky purply pinks and reds.

Every sunset I look across. I no longer see the sun, for it is behind us. I know it is the same color as the morning, for when I look at the houses across, the windows are glowing from it's reflection. The ocean is always darker then, telling us the world is tucking itself away.

Every day I look across and I wonder, what must it look like to them?

© 2012 Juls


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very nice short story, the way you describe your settings makes our enviroment sound very pretty
keep up the good work!:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is actually a really nice example of free-form poetry. I have always believed that poetry does not necessarily have to rhyme to be considered such, all it has to do is convey meaning. This is good work, I live near the ocean myself ... your writing really put me "there".

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2012
Last Updated on May 27, 2012
Tags: beach, far away, perspective, story

Author

Juls
Juls

About
Well... I'm here. I'm here to explore... something. I've always had an interest in writing. There have been many times where I just want to create something wonderful out of pen and paper. I.. more..

Writing
Beauty Beauty

A Poem by Juls


A Dragon Attack A Dragon Attack

A Story by Juls


A New World A New World

A Story by Juls