Chapter #2: A Sesshomaru and Kagura Love Story

Chapter #2: A Sesshomaru and Kagura Love Story

A Story by lyndsey
"

Another chapter! Yay!

"

The next day, Kagura woke up feeling unusually cold. She looked around at her surroundings and noticed that everyone was gone. She was all alone.

“Hmph! Figures they’d all go and desert me as soon as I let my guard down,”Kagura said with a smirk.

But truth be told, she was not angry at all. She was finally free.

Kagura looked towards the bright sun shining through the trees. As if to reassure herself that this was no dream, she thought, ‘That’s right, I’m free. No more Naraku, no more orders, and no more freakin’ boredom.’

Kagura began to recall the events from the previous day. ‘Just yesterday….I almost died, but…Sesshomaru saved me. I don’t understand why he would for someone who claims he doesn’t give a damn about anything…and…what about what happened last night--what was that?  Last night, did Sesshomaru actually try to comfort me by allowing me to lie against his chest?’

She stopped to feel her heart. ‘That’s good. My heart…it’s still beating.’

Suddenly, a rattling came from the bushes.

 Kagura ceased her thoughts upon hearing noises.

She took out her fan, ready to attack any demon that appeared.

A little squirrel appeared with an acorn in its paws. When it saw that it was not alone, the squirrel suddenly paused to stare at Kagura.

“And what the hell are you looking at?!” yelled Kagura, “Shoo-go away!!”

Upon hearing her harsh voice, the frightened little squirrel quickly ran up a tree, leaving Kagura alone again.

Kagura sighed. “I don’t have time for this.” she said.

However, she just couldn’t keep her mind off of Sesshomaru.

‘Two hearts beating…I felt it last night when I was with him. I felt so warm then, his presence was…intoxicating. But then, why did he leave?’ she thought.

Kagura turned to see that she was leaning up against a tree trunk.

She sighed in disappointment. “What am I dong wasting my time thinking about him? I’ve got to get going.”

Kagura got up from her spot and pulled out a white feather from her hair. She let the feather enlarge and she got on. She flew over the trees toward the sun.

‘I’ll go wherever the wind takes me,’ she thought.

******************************************************

Unbeknownst to Kagura, shortly after she left, Rin and Jaken were heading back towards the camp that they had made the night before. In one of Rin’s hand, she held the strings to Ah’-Uhn’s harness and in her other arm, she held a large pineapple.

“Come on, Master Jaken!” Rin shouted excitedly as she ushered him along, “We have to make it back before Kagura wakes up! Don’t you remember what Lord Sesshomaru said?”

“Calm down, Rin. I’m coming!” Jaken responded.

He sighed deeply as he slowly began to recall the words of his master: ‘Jaken. Keep watch over Rin and Kagura until I return.’

He sighed again. “I don’t understand why Lord Sesshomaru would even bother to keep a wench like her around. We don’t need any help from the likes of her and I don’t care if she was almost killed by her master. The fact still remains that Kagura is an incarnation from that evil demon that tricked my lord and as such, she is not to be trusted,” he said.

Jaken was tormented with the thought of keeping Kagura around.

Rin turned her head to look at Jaken, “Master Jaken, shh!! Don’t say such things!! If Lord Sesshomaru were to hear you, he would not be happy one bit.”

She looked towards the campsite up ahead.

“Oh!! Look, Master Jaken!! We’re almost there!! Now, we’ll be able to give Kagura this yummy fruit I found.” At that comment, Rin smiled cheerfully.

Jaken sighed and thought to himself this time, ‘This girl will never be able to understand.’

However, when they arrived at camp, Kagura was nowhere to be found.


“Oh no, Master Jaken! I can’t find Kagura anywhere!” Rin cried out apprehensively.


Then, with quick realization of what could’ve happened, she added, “We have to find her. Something might’ve happened to her.”


Jaken started to panic, he was afraid of what his master might do to him if he found out that Kagura was missing.

Jaken’s worst fears were realized when Sesshomaru himself came through the trees and walked towards Jaken. Jaken looked like he had seen a ghost.

“L-L-Lord Sesshomaru, I-I can explain,” Jaken blurted out.

With sharp, piercing golden eyes, Sesshomaru looked at Jaken and calmly asked, “Jaken. Where’s Kagura?”

Jaken frantically responded by saying, “I-I don’t know. When we returned, Kagura was gone, mi’ lord.”

To his surprise, Sesshomaru didn’t kick him, nor did he seem angry. “I see,” Sesshomaru said as he began to walk away.

Then, Sesshomaru looked over his shoulder towards Rin and Jaken and said, “We’re going.”

Then, he continued walking while Rin followed with Ah’ and Uhn, still carrying the pineapple.

Jaken was really confused at the way his master was acting.

‘My master is acting rather strangely,’ he thought.

Rin looked towards Jaken and said, “Hurry up, Master Jaken or you’ll be left behind.”

She continued following behind Sesshomaru.

Jaken quickly ran to catch up with them and shouted, “Hey, Wait for me!!”

*********************************************************

All three of them walked together through the woods. After a couple of hours, Jaken’s curiosity finally got to him. He peered up at Sesshomaru, who was walking alongside of Jaken.

Jaken was too afraid to ask Sesshomaru the question that he had been mulling over constantly in his mind.

However, he finally worked up the courage and asked, “Um, milord? If you don’t mind my asking…where exactly are we going?”

When no answer came, Jaken pressed on further.

“Forgive me for asking, milord, but are we looking for Kagura or-”

He was cut off by Sesshomaru's response.

“Kagura can take care of herself. Now stop asking,” he said with a hint of irritation in his voice.

Jaken frantically said, “Oh! Forgive me, milord. It was not of my right to speak.”

Sesshomaru didn’t say anything more. His mind was on other things. ‘She’s up ahead, no doubt about it. But what’s troubling is the sinister presence nearby,’ he thought.

*********************************************************************

Kagura was flying on her feather when she spotted someone on a paper crane heading in the opposite direction. She narrowed her eyes when the person riding on the paper crane stopped in front of her.

Kagura glared at the man and said, “So I take it that you’re my replacement. Has Naraku sent you here?”

The man eyed Kagura closely and instantly put the pieces together.

“Why Kagura, I thought you were dead! Indeed, that is quite a surprise,” he exclaimed with a smile.

But Kagura’s temper was not to be trifled with. She held up her fan and sent a couple of her wind blades at the man.

“Perhaps you didn’t hear me,” she said, “I said, has that b*****d sent you here?!”

A barrier protected the man and he said, “Sheesh!! With that attitude of yours, I can see why Naraku wanted to get rid of you. You didn’t even ask my name either.”

Kagura rolled her eyes at him. She didn’t have time for this silliness.

“Listen, I don’t give a damn what your name is! But…I can’t have you reporting to Naraku that I’m still alive so I’ll just have to kill you,’kay?”Kagura said with a smirk.

Byakuya ignored her. “I’m Byakuya of the dreams. It’s true that I am your replacement or rather, a much more improved version of what you once were. To answer your question since it seems so important to you, Naraku has no clue that I’m here with you. I was sent simply to watch over Moryoumaru. But if I leave, I’d bet that you’d follow. So be my guest, if it’s a fight you want, then it’s a fight you’ll get. I’ll have the honor of taking your head to Naraku.”

He thought for a second and then added, “If I kill you now, Naraku won’t get mad at me. Oh yes!! Let’s do this!!”

Kagura processed the information carefully.

‘If I can kill him, that’s an instant ticket to Naraku’s heart-Moryoumaru.’

She was excited now.

‘There’s no way I’ll let him defeat me,’ she thought to herself.

Byakuya sent his poisonous insects at Kagura, but she destroyed them with her dance of blades.

Suddenly, Kagura froze as she saw Naraku appear next to Byakuya with her heart in his hand.

“Hahaha…Kagura…did you think you could escape me?” he sneered.

Kagura had a look of horror on her face. Every part of her body trembled as she had begun to lose her confidence.

“No! How is that possible?? I mean, my heart is...”

On impulse, Kagura felt for her heart. When she felt no pulse, she was speechless.

“Kagura. How does it feel to know that I have control over you once again?” Naraku said.

He squeezed her heart and a sharp pain caused Kagura to clench her chest in agony.

Both Naraku and Byakuya laughed.

Byakuya said, “Why Kagura! How can you ever hope to defeat me in that condition?”

Kagura looked down at her kimono and saw that her wounds were reopening.

‘This is bad!’Kagura thought to herself, ‘What will I do now?’

© 2011 lyndsey


Author's Note

lyndsey
Thanks for reading! I have no qualms about reviews though. ;-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

704 Views
Added on May 22, 2011
Last Updated on May 22, 2011