Survivor.

Survivor.

A Chapter by Prabha Salimath
"

Life seems to be very hard but she knows to manage it with great patience.

"
She is most like a girl very silent as if she knows the problems of life very well. Indeed she does know. It looks awkward that I'm talking about a girl who was very nice and polite at the age of 7 or 8. I think we were studied 5 years together all those years I find her very matured.

It is in primary school I say. We were studying at 1st or 2nd standard I couldn't remember exactly. One day science class was going on, our teacher asked everyone to open their books, I stared at everyone's book and felt very proud because some have new book and some have second hand book, neither of them cover the book with brown sheets. In those days using brown sheet was a matter of pride.

Suddenly I caught my eye on this friend who has second hand book in her hand and she hadn't dressed properly and she hadn't properly pinned her hair too. Later I noticed even she wore not shoes. The girl who sat behind her snatched her book while our teacher inspecting whether all students have book or not like.

Teacher asked my friend do you not have book? She is more like Hitler type woman who don't know to give excuses. My friend suppose tell her but teacher threatened her my friend was a soft girl she sterted to weep merciless teacher scold her so badly. In fear she peed in classroom only my friend was totally scared.

Remaining all we laughed at her and teacher yelled at us. Later on days we used to tease she even dint give us back a single word, that made us to threaten her. After an year she left school and joined some ordinary school. I dint see her anymore.

Again I met her in high school grade I couldn't remember her I almost forget her face. I took six month to recognize that's her, she almost changed a lot. She has a very long and thick her that her identity now. I simply made her my friend dint ask her about previous schooling, I don't want to get her embarrassed but I confirmed that's her only.

After an year she became almost lost in herself don't know whats the reason. It's last year of my schooling, I had a list to do achievement. I was busy in sports bcoz I'm the captain throwball team.
I wanted to see my name in my school's highest score achievers board.

One day she I found her shivering whole in class where it was winter but here in my city we have winter just like a chilled summer. Being class it's my duty to ask her. When I asked she said nothing but kept on shivering, but later I came to know she hadn't have food for two days she almost lost her stamina to fight the winter. She dint came to school for three later. After that her family went to town side to live in.

Again we gathered in college after two years she is as she was before. All my life I see her patient and humble. I never see her complaing about anything now she is working as a teacher.


© 2014 Prabha Salimath


Author's Note

Prabha Salimath
I see my friend since childhood. I love to her patience in solving any problem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on September 7, 2014
Last Updated on September 7, 2014
Tags: silent, pain bearer.


Author

Prabha Salimath
Prabha Salimath

India



About
Everyone is unique piece of God, a very intelligent artist of this universe. I know it sounds crazy, what I have to do? I believe this. I do started to write since I'm 11yr old but scared to exhibit i.. more..

Writing