Love-a stupid thing.

Love-a stupid thing.

A Chapter by Prabha Salimath

Bindu is forcing me to tell the stupid stories of my life that I never ever wanna remember once again, not that I had bad experience but I just don't want to remembe. Fine she is like Betala never let me be in peace until I explain my past stupid stories. Fine I decided to tell her. I started to narrate my first story, its that I was only 12 when I got my first proposal. Her imagination begins as I start to say it, she is somewhat crazy about stories, ofcourse she has huge collection of books in her room I saw once......

.....

This is that my English is weak not that mine only indeed, every student of my class have failed in exam. It looks awkward how could all the students of the class can fail in one and same subject. Kalyani miss our english teacher is very strict and want everything spick and span; she can't see a single word of mistake in our notes. English is our second language and we are just 12yr old students, such a punishment for all of us. As a punishment we all are failed not we are weak in English.

That day she gave us test papers with a snide comment for each student. I am feared what she will make me listen, but I'm totally shocked; she said "I've not expected it from you, Rekha. I thought you are between the first two ranks not with poor brains. Do not disappoint me next time, I hope you don't." Yes this is the truth I'm one of the competitors to first place in the class.

My name is Rekha, I'm very naughty child in the whole family. My grandpa forced me to join this school, he wanted me learn some discipline in life. This is who I am, I'll never gonna change for sure. In our village I'm a very bright student, like I'm an extra load to be fed. My teachers always complain to parents that I'm becoming more and more mischievous by everyday. I'm smart and very tall in the whole class so everyone, even boys never dare to take the opposite side to me ever. Finally I'm thrown to this school and its like a jail, they cut off all our tails to shape us a human being.

This is my first accademic year in here. First few months I was okay, I thought I can take this for better learning, as months passed I've started to feel homesick. I'm missing my friends from village, summer play, hide and seek, climbing tree like a monkey. Next summer I have to attend vacation class of next year, and mother will come here to stay with me, this is her maiden place, so I moved to nani's place to stay for two months. There Somu mama and his children keep my company. Mama's son and daughter are very arrogant show their separate reading room. If I am home I too have my room which is my world. Well, it doesn't matter, their performance is always poor.

Well I'm living in a residential school where discipline is priority. Everyday our Headmaster speaks about morality, quality education, cleanliness and discipline. Oh God we don't have any freedom to play and to eat, a strict upbringing and our day starts from 4am. We all take bath then prayer later yoga class will be there for an hour. Its like almost 7, need to get back to room, get everything set and clean, even washing cloths. At 9 starts school and in the evening 5 dismisses, later finish up all the homework, studies. This is my routine.

Our school and teaching staff is all about different faces of Hitler, everyone speak in a threatening way. I and Jyoti only have the escape from their comments and they treat us a little nice. We only passed, not scored good marks in english in last 3 tests, this time I'm terribly missing home and Jyoti is taken to her home we don't know the reason and our principle gave consent that was so amazing. Once we enter this cell means there is no return without permission. Everyday girl after girl getting chance to go home after a month or two they return to school with a different look.

I don't know what is that making them looks different girls after come back from home form their own group and they sometimes talk like whispering that I can't understand, they keep away themselves from boys. They feel shy when a boy look at them or speak to them, it'll be their night discussing stuff if they get a stare from a stupid boy. What the hell is that, they pretend someother thing after a month's vacation. Sometimes I see boys climb over our place, where security is pretty tight and that intruders have the help of girls, they disguise in girls dress sometimes. I hate it in here, feels bad for all this, girls getting changed, only remains Chaya, I have fear, what if she changes one day.....

This morning Headmaster announced that Kalyani miss is absent and her time is added to our playtime. I'm so amused that I can spend in playing badminton, I and Chaya really enjoyed playing after many days. A boy entered the court, Chaya knows him, they talked each other and she introduced him to me. " This is Anish my friend since I moved in this school" , she is in here since 2 yrs. He gave me a smile and I give him back, not more than that. I know here guys have the habit of climbing to our place which I hate most, he might have come there for anyone.

I don't know the reason for girls sudden a month's vacation and even hostel supervisor have soft corner after their return. The girl who after came back to from home is shifted to upstair, I see it all that total strange. One day Jyoti's parents take her from school forever. Some said she has problem with her stomach and it needs care to heal that only I know.

My fear formed its real situation Chaya gone to month's vacation I'm feeling terribly alone without her and missing my home a lot. Its passed a month she came back and she will not going to stay with me in downstair. I just wanted why she had gone?

Hi Chaya, how are you? I hugged her, she is also happy and whispered in my ears, "don't fear Rekha, I'm going to stay with you, there is no room for me in upstair."
Thank you dear, you are the only one left for me, please don't leave me alone.
" I'll never."

One day at lunch hours, Anish came to meet us, I feel very irritated by his presence. I let them to speak, when I saw Chaya she looks different and yesterday too her hug felt different from before. She is blushing while talking to Anish, again that fear gaining in my mind. I totally obsessed what if she left me alone like all.

Everyday he suppose to come to meet her, I decided not leave them alone, I tried to be nice with Anish, as days passed I came to know he is nice boy.

"Oh there starts your first crush over Anish, is not it?" , Bindhu asked.

You have no patience, let me complete it first. Yeah, as days gone our friendship grew so fastly that he talks to Chaya less now a days. I'm happy that I have Chaya still on my side. One day he crossed the limit he climbed to our place and with the help of Chaya came to our room, I'm screwed up don't know what to say.

He bent on his knees with a letter in his hand, and started to say, "I love you Rekha, I love you more than any girl in our class, will you please accept my love letter. It consists of all feeling that I have for you."

I looked at Chaya, she looks excited and she is wishing to take his side. I said nothing but I want him out my room, I said please go to your place as soon as possible otherwise I'll tell warden about your being in here. He left without a word and Chaya follwed him. What is that Love thing? Is it the thing all boys climb to our place.?

Chaya came back after few minutes and started yell at me, "You are a mad totally insane, you know he is a nice guy. You deserve him, the best I ever feel, he always talks about you whenever we meet talk, he really loves you I feel you should accept his proposal. Even I have a boyfriend, you know Shiva our senior proposed me last week I said yes, we meet everyday at game period."

What you have boyfriend and you haven't tell me about it before..
And what is that love thing? I don't know but for Jyoti's exit this love thing only the reason I heard something like that in upstair, I heard girls talking about their love thing too, its just stupid thing as I feel.

"Fine you haven't gone to month's vacation so love looks stupid after that you'll accept it as a beautiful world."

That day was very awkward and I feel like I can't stay here anymore. I liked Anish as a friend I didn't know he had such stupid things for me in his mind.

After a month our final exams finished. When I got vacation I told my mom about this thing she appreciated me and this is end of my accademic year in this school. My whole family moved in to city where I got chance to live with my family, dad, mom, my little brother and me.

"So you rejected your first love, saying nothing to him and he dint ask anything again?" Bindhu asked.

Oh God my days were like living in hell, he supposed not to leave me alone. I have no option but to bare, if I said it to headmaster or anyone else, all the girls would have beaten me to death. Yeah at the age of twelve I feel it like a stupid thing not more than that. There is the end of my first story Bindhu, I felt it had to end.

THE END I said.


© 2015 Prabha Salimath


Author's Note

Prabha Salimath
You may find typo mistake please adjust with that, hope you'll.

Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on March 27, 2015
Last Updated on April 3, 2015


Author

Prabha Salimath
Prabha Salimath

India



About
Everyone is unique piece of God, a very intelligent artist of this universe. I know it sounds crazy, what I have to do? I believe this. I do started to write since I'm 11yr old but scared to exhibit i.. more..

Writing