Please Do Not Read This

Please Do Not Read This

A Story by Pranav Malhotra

Its funny that even after reading the title you decided to read further. But, I urge you to stop reading this article any further. Seriously, there is nothing interesting in this passage. There is no tell tale, no romance, no gossip, no diet meal plans, no blonde jokes, no celebrity wardrobe malfunction, no political mockery, no hidden sarcasm, and definitely no naughty bedroom secrets. There is practically no reason for you to go on any further, so Please stop reading NOW.


By now I presume that you are definitely not in a mood to listen. I wonder why you are reading this even after being obstructed repetitively. They say that the greatest need of the 21st century man is the need to be entertained, engaged and involved. People watch TV, wait in day long queues to buy a new mobile phone, flirt in clubs eyeing for a date, numb their senses over a cold beer in a sweaty concert, travel miles to visit an amusement park.  You should stop reading this right away. Look away ! The only thing that catches my attention is that you could be doing anything else in the world right now, yet you chose to read something that you were specifically asked not to. 




Among the sacrifices made to obey instructions there is not one that equals the pleasure obtained in outraging them.


“Forbidden Fruit is the Sweetest.”



Pranav Malhotra

© 2013 Pranav Malhotra


Author's Note

Pranav Malhotra
P.S :- Now try not thinking about an elephant riding a bicycle.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Whoops..I thought about the Elephant....I wondered WHO made the bicycle. I suppose an Elephant does come with a built in pump...that trunk is amazing...I'm off now for a bike ride on the seafront....thanks for the entertainment sir..And you are right....My poem entitled..DONT READ THIS POEM..did very well on here

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

lol i can't lol. i have to read. nicely done

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have never been good at taking instruction. Yes, we push boundaries as poets and often live on the bittersweet edge of life. Thank you for taking us there.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like you. Haha. I loved this; I can honestly say I don't remember coming across a piece of writing like this before. I can't name anyone else who has thought to write like this, as uncomplicated as it is; very unique, very entertaining, very provoking (in positive ways, of course). I have to say something, however, regarding my own reasons to defy your instructions. I am a strong believer in the idea that everything serves a purpose. If something has been created, if something exists, if I can experience something - in this case, read it - then there is nothing in this world that can stop me from experiencing that thing and trying to determine its purpose. Part of me read simply because you told me not to, this is true. But a larger part of me read because I knew the thing had been written and so was a part of the world now, whether it was meant to be or not, and I was going to do everything in my power to explore that new part.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pranav Malhotra

11 Years Ago

That , dear woman , is the gift of curosity. Keep that light burning within you, it can do wonders
You ask a boy, or a girl, not to press a button and that's the only thing he would want to do. I read through it because I'm a man-child and doing what I am told not to do is just what I am supposed, or rather destined, to do.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The surest way to get people to read something is to tell them not to.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think you must work in advertising, nice catch!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

I got a RR for this one, I guess you didn't like my first review, you're going to make me go for the.. read more
DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW...DEATH WILL FOLLOW-
now start thinking super creative fun lightly toyed with while so much more meaning I love to write like this
great idea truly
read it anyway-been nice knowin ya hahahahah
thank you for sharing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Haha that's true, Forbidden fruit is indeed the sweetest :)
And by the way it's one of my dreams to see an elephant riding a bike :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


i hav read this kinda stuff before.... :)


Posted 11 Years Ago


OK ,, can't be bothered anyway! :)))

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1273 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 31, 2013

Author

Pranav Malhotra
Pranav Malhotra

Amritsar, Punjab, India



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..