Please Do Not Read This

Please Do Not Read This

A Story by Pranav Malhotra

Its funny that even after reading the title you decided to read further. But, I urge you to stop reading this article any further. Seriously, there is nothing interesting in this passage. There is no tell tale, no romance, no gossip, no diet meal plans, no blonde jokes, no celebrity wardrobe malfunction, no political mockery, no hidden sarcasm, and definitely no naughty bedroom secrets. There is practically no reason for you to go on any further, so Please stop reading NOW.


By now I presume that you are definitely not in a mood to listen. I wonder why you are reading this even after being obstructed repetitively. They say that the greatest need of the 21st century man is the need to be entertained, engaged and involved. People watch TV, wait in day long queues to buy a new mobile phone, flirt in clubs eyeing for a date, numb their senses over a cold beer in a sweaty concert, travel miles to visit an amusement park.  You should stop reading this right away. Look away ! The only thing that catches my attention is that you could be doing anything else in the world right now, yet you chose to read something that you were specifically asked not to. 




Among the sacrifices made to obey instructions there is not one that equals the pleasure obtained in outraging them.


“Forbidden Fruit is the Sweetest.”



Pranav Malhotra

© 2013 Pranav Malhotra


Author's Note

Pranav Malhotra
P.S :- Now try not thinking about an elephant riding a bicycle.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Whoops..I thought about the Elephant....I wondered WHO made the bicycle. I suppose an Elephant does come with a built in pump...that trunk is amazing...I'm off now for a bike ride on the seafront....thanks for the entertainment sir..And you are right....My poem entitled..DONT READ THIS POEM..did very well on here

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There are many reasons people will read on, mine was an instant... dont tell me what to do :)
Some people see the command read this and subconsciously ignore the don't.
An interesting read, thoughtful and pleasant :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


"It is completely alienation of our random thought" and your statement persistently "not to read, " is a classic authoritative words, inciting rebellion, a grave reaction of humans since the time of creation on earth. This is a reverse approach in fortifying our wants. "To read or not to read." we always end up like a stray curious cat in the peddle looking for amazement. Good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pranav Malhotra

11 Years Ago

You hit the bulls eye bro. ;)
Thanks :)
Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Welcome Bro. :) Keep the fire burning! you have it!

5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1273 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 31, 2013

Author

Pranav Malhotra
Pranav Malhotra

Amritsar, Punjab, India



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..